• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Going to log in, check out my last couple of characters and see where they're at, then start fresh.

I've got a Chikage/Bloodtinge/Skill build and a Rakuyo/BoM/Skill build already, but are there any any cool combinations of weapons/builds I should check out with a new character, ERA?

Been looking at the Saif, but that's another Skill build. Saw Cleaver and Beast Cutter looks like it could be fun... decisions, decisions...

50ARC/STR50/SKL25 with Holy Moonlight Sword and Pizza Cutter (either regular or Fire gemmed). Be ready to become unstopable.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So who gave up after this?

38710293741_168535db1f_o.jpg

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
I still have my save game from I owned Bloodborne the first time. If i get the Old Hunter dlc, should I start over or does the DLC take place after end game?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Time to replay and finally ply the DLC. should be plenty of players in the coming months. :)

DHR54

Oh well.
Oct 26, 2017
Canada

If that's the Blood Starved Beast lair like I think it is, I did.

I put the game down for 3 months just after launch and when I picked it back up I regretted taking so much time off as the chalice dungeons unlocked after that really helped make multiplayer viable for a noob like me. I had never played Dark souls at this point and didn't have a lot of patience. Unfortunately my friend who bought the game to play with me had already moved by the time I found the benefits of the dungeons. Luckily I found others to play with, finished the game maybe 4 times and platinum'd the title.

Truely my game of the ps4 generation.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Without spoiling, can anyone let me know if I have gone past the halfway mark?

I have unlocked (not played through)
Nightmare Frontier and Yahargul The Unseen Village.

If that's the Blood Starved Beast lair like I think it is, I did.

I put the game down for 3 months just after launch and when I picked it back up I regretted taking so much time off as the chalice dungeons unlocked after that really helped make multiplayer viable for a noob like me. I had never played Dark souls at this point and didn't have a lot of patience. Unfortunately my friend who bought the game to play with me had already moved by the time I found the benefits of the dungeons. Luckily I found others to play with, finished the game maybe 4 times and platinum'd the title.

Don't feel bad. I am taking a break from the game at the moment myself but this is the farthest I have been with it. I started the game unsuccessfully twice when it launched and my previous experiences include Demons and Dark Souls. It takes a different mind set to enjoy this game and the game can also be classed as "horror" which isn't my cup of tea. BSB is an utterly frustrating during its tertiary stage and aside from one boss (in a castle far far away) all my boss battles have been co-op aided. I have a level 117 character and I think I'm over the half way mark but I still want to level up a bit more before entering the Old Hunters DLC, which from the myriad videos I have seen, looks to be an even more hopeless and twisted version of base game.

Time for creeps:

39864121882_88bf594548_o.png

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't but remember having some 20-30min fights and having actual sweating. Did beat it after getting the move set and weak points. Boss is pretty easy to be fair when you "get it". Didn't and can't use parrying, it's easier and pretty different if you can do nice parrys.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

6r89D78.gif

Without spoiling, can anyone let me know if I have gone past the halfway mark?

I have unlocked (not played through)
Nightmare Frontier and Yahargul The Unseen Village.

Don't feel bad. I am taking a break from the game at the moment myself but this is the farthest I have been with it. I started the game unsuccessfully twice when it launched and my previous experiences include Demons and Dark Souls. It takes a different mind set to enjoy this game and the game can also be classed as "horror" which isn't my cup of tea. BSB is an utterly frustrating during its tertiary stage and aside from one boss (in a castle far far away) all my boss battles have been co-op aided. I have a level 117 character and I think I'm over the half way mark but I still want to level up a bit more before entering the Old Hunters DLC, which from the myriad videos I have seen, looks to be an even more hopeless and twisted version of base game.

Time for creeps:

39864121882_88bf594548_o.png

If you have access to the Nightmare Frontier, that means you've been to the Forbidden Woods, which is roughly the halfway point, I'd say. What boss are you on?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I still have my save game from I owned Bloodborne the first time. If i get the Old Hunter dlc, should I start over or does the DLC take place after end game?
Do it as late into the game as you can as it's quite a high level area.

If you finish the game, you won't be able to access the DLC until Cathedral Ward and it's much harder on NG+.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Thought about starting fresh with a new character but I just can't suffer a Fashionborne reset. One more time with the OG:

bloodborne_201711111770s30.png

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
6r89D78.gif

If you have access to the Nightmare Frontier, that means you've been to the Forbidden Woods, which is roughly the halfway point, I'd say. What boss are you on?

Indeed. The last boss I faced was Rom and after reading some wiki articles, this would be a good time to start The Old Hunters DLC (which I trespassed into earlier to get portions of the old hunter attire and Beast Cutter). I have seen YT videos up to the first boss fight (holy fuck) and so I know it's a hard road ahead.

BTW, does anyone know if the Yamamura set is only restricted to male PC?

Oct 29, 2017
tfw you are a bloody hammer of justice

DXZG4rzXUAAur4Q.jpg

Man, I got super scared that the DLC wasn't working in my other accounts because I still didn't get the eye and was already on Cathedral District. Forgot you only get it after Amelia.

Wojo

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo
It's funny how different experiences can be from person to person. I had such an easy time with Rom that I slightly remember the fight itself. My ragequit moment in Bloodborne was much earlier, I had soooooooo much trouble with the Cleric Beast.

So true. The boss I wiped to the most in the base story game was definitely Cleric Beast. In fact, I remember being disappointed having just come from DS3 that the bosses were so easy in comparison. Base game Dark Souls 3 definitely has much better boss design than Bloodborne imo.

Where Bloodborne comes out ahead is in the Chalice Dungeons and DLC. All the best base game bosses are inside the Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne. The Chalice versions of Ebrieatris, Amygdala, Dark Beast Paarl are some of the best bosses in the game. And holy shit was the DLC good in Bloodborne. I got super lucky with Lady Maria and Kos though. I killed them at 2 and 4 attempts respectively. But it took me near 50 attempts to kill Vicar Laurence. He was by far the toughest boss for me in Bloodborne. He was my Darkeater Midir.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Sorry if it has been answered before, does the game share the save between Disc and digital versions?
I know there are some games that don't.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
+Will be monitoring this thread. never played Bloodborne, but i sure will once it's out for PS+

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear to god if you invade my game you're gonna have a bad time.
I won't play nice and fuck your rules.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Do it as late into the game as you can as it's quite a high level area.

If you finish the game, you won't be able to access the DLC until Cathedral Ward and it's much harder on NG+.

Ahh I see Thx, I guess I'm going to start a new game. I missed a few things the first time around so , it should be fun.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the screenshots... Is it possible to turn off chromatic aberration?

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone jumping in makes me want to go back and actually play the DLC I bought. Should I play it on NG+ or just start a new character and playthrough with the DLC?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. The last boss I faced was Rom and after reading some wiki articles, this would be a good time to start The Old Hunters DLC (which I trespassed into earlier to get portions of the old hunter attire and Beast Cutter). I have seen YT videos up to the first boss fight (holy fuck) and so I know it's a hard road ahead.

Both genders can wear every set in the game, though a few have slight differences. The Knight trousers are a skirt for girls.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yep. I'd consider Rom the beginning of the second half of the game. I typically start the DLC around that time as well after doing some of the optional areas. Blood level 70-75 I say is a good time to jump into the DLC, although some prefer it be left until the very end. But it is, indeed, the hardest content of the game.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, forgot to reply to first part of your post, I'd heavily recommend waiting until just before final boss for DLC. It's incredibly more difficult than anything in the base game including final areas. It's aso actually tuned for end game builds(but a lot of Souls players want to handicap themselves for no reason and go in earlier than you're meant to). For first timers, DEFINITELY wait. 4/5 of theDLC bosses are the hardest in the game(Aside from maybe Cainhurst's.)

And this is ignoring the levels themselves, which are MUCH trickier. Don't even want to mention the Party Cave.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yep. I'd consider Rom the beginning of the second half of the game. I typically start the DLC around that time as well after doing some of the optional areas. Blood level 70-75 I say is a good time to jump into the DLC, although some prefer it be left until the very end. But it is, indeed, the hardest content of the game.

Thanks. Trying to get my (first) character to have 50 in SKL, STR and Arcane is an utter chore. I have been grinding for days at the Lecture building with those students and it's kind of taken the fun out to an extent. I think I'll give up grinding and head for the DLC. Here are my stats at the moment (am wondering whether it is good enough to complete the game on these):

39890769514_d7c96f83e2_o.png

Also, forgot to reply to first part of your post, I'd heavily recommend waiting until just before final boss for DLC. It's incredibly more difficult than anything in the base game including final areas. It's aso actually tuned for end game builds(but a lot of Souls players want to handicap themselves for no reason and go in earlier than you're meant to). For first timers, DEFINITELY wait. 4/5 of theDLC bosses are the hardest in the game(Aside from maybe Cainhurst's.)

And this is ignoring the levels themselves, which are MUCH trickier. Don't even want to mention the Party Cave.

Kindly look at my current stat and let me know if it would meet the requirement. I have grinding way more than I have been actually playing the game recently.

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Trying to get my (first) character to have 50 in SKL, STR and Arcane is an utter chore. I have been grinding for days at the Lecture building with those students and it's kind of taken the fun out to an extent. I think I'll give up grinding and head for the DLC. Here are my stats at the moment (am wondering whether it is good enough to complete the game on these):

39890769514_d7c96f83e2_o.png

Kindly look at my current stat and let me know if it would meet the requirement. I have grinding way more than I have been actually playing the game recently.
You definitely don't want to grind there. Best grind place is Mergo's Loft Middle if you're there(Though you're more than capable enough to get there with your current SL) ML Middle gives around 100K souls each run with every Moon caryl rune equipped.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're actually probably fine, though focusing on multiple stats instead of one focus with a side stat is a major cripple for first runs. What's your current main weapon?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You definitely don't want to grind there. Best grind place is Mergo's Loft Middle if you're there(Though you're more than capable enough to get there with your current SL) ML Middle gives around 100K souls each run with every Moon caryl rune equipped.

From what I have read I ought to finish the DLC prior to
Wet Nurse...?
boss fight and as such is the grinding location prior to post boss fight?

EDIT:

Bosses defeated thus far:
Cleric beast aka Wendigo
Gascoigne the serious anime man
Vicar Amelia cute screeching doggo
Witch of Hemwick ugly waifu
Shadows of Yharnam gank squad
Rom the empty farce
Martyr Logarithm

EDIT 2: I recently unlocked and yet not ventured into
Nightmare frontier and Yhargul the Unseen
. Is the grinding spot much after that?

You're actually probably fine, though focusing on multiple stats instead of one focus with a side stat is a major cripple for first runs. What's your current main weapon?

Saw spear + 7 and Beast Cutter + 6.

I am made it to level 3 of Pthumeru chalice dungeon and am wondering if the gems and other stackable runes are worth pursuing.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I right to assume that in anticipation of the PS+ stuff this month, this game has had a soft-revival like the way the Steam communities for the PC versions have?

Yes I'm aware the console versions also get their own 'Return to X' events year on year, but this struck me as never happening to Bloodborne before.

I only very recently finished the game/DLC since getting it at launch (it's the reason I got my PS4) so if there will be a steady influx of players I for one would appreciate that.

I need to practice my parries, in my entire play-through I could never get the timing down and I actually think it had something to do with my muscle memory treating the game like the Souls series. Apart from Father G, what are some areas/enemies I can fool around in to test out different reaction times? I'm sick of using the giants in the first few areas.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I have read I ought to finish the DLC prior to
Wet Nurse...?
boss fight and as such is the grinding location prior to post boss fight?

EDIT:

Bosses defeated thus far:
Cleric beast aka Wendigo
Gascoigne the serious anime man
Vicar Amelia cute screeching doggo
Witch of Hemwick ugly waifu
Shadows of Yharnam gank squad
Rom the empty farce
Martyr Logarithm

EDIT 2: I recently unlocked and yet not ventured into
Nightmare frontier and Yhargul the Unseen
. Is the grinding spot much after that?

Saw spear + 7 and Beast Cutter + 6.

I am made it to level 3 of Pthumeru chalice dungeon and am wondering if the gems and other stackable runes are worth pursuing.
You can beat
Wet Nurse
but Not the boss after that.

You should also definitely finish everything in base game first, because beating the DLC beforehand will make the other like 7 bosses you haven't fought yet a cakewalk.(Because you've only beaten maybe the first half of the base game's bosses lol)

Chalice dungeons get real tough, but theyre the same difficulty regardless of NG level, so those you can ignore until you're as big as you feel you wanna be.

Also DEFINITELY want a +10 Weapon before trying DLC. You want maximum weapon output for that.

I'd recommend doing
Nightme Frontier as it's a dead end, and then continuing with Yahar'gul for now.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I guess it's time for me to dive back into Bloodborne huh? I had been playing Nioh then started DS3, but with so many people diving back into BB, I figure no time like the present huh?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so should I start my playthrough of the DLC now to get all the items and shit for Tuesday? Or should I wait until Tuesday so I can play through it with everyone else?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
As an under-leveled character, the Upper Cathedral Ward angers me. Almost everything there one shots me

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Time for Preyers:

26934423969_d1a10c2bff_o.jpg

You can beat
Wet Nurse
but Not the boss after that.

You should also definitely finish everything in base game first, because beating the DLC beforehand will make the other like 7 bosses you haven't fought yet a cakewalk.(Because you've only beaten maybe the first half of the base game's bosses lol)

Chalice dungeons get real tough, but theyre the same difficulty regardless of NG level, so those you can ignore until you're as big as you feel you wanna be.

Also DEFINITELY want a +10 Weapon before trying DLC. You want maximum weapon output for that.

I'd recommend doing
Nightme Frontier as it's a dead end, and then continuing with Yahar'gul for now.

Wow, I didn't know about that level being a dead end. I'll definitely do that then. I am not fully sure but I've read that if you do not kill
Wet Nurse
prior to finishing the DLC, you have access to additional dialogues with the Doll.