• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Last week I started a new playthrough with one if my best friends who hadn't played since release. All this BB crazy dropping right now is so lovely... best game gets better every day <3

I still want a new AC game though...

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Last week I started a new playthrough with one if my best friends who hadn't played since release. All this BB crazy dropping right now is so lovely... best game gets better every day <3

I still want a new AC game though...

Wasn't a new AC confirmed as one of the 3 new FROM projects?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Why not just datamine the game to see all the assets?

The fire sword giant could have been datamined, but chalice dungeons are procedurally created from existing content, and this is changing that generation via a save editor (and then sharing them with other users). There's nothing to datamine because it wasn't in the base game, they're creating new permutations of affixes themselves.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Didn't many insiders hint before that FromSoftware's next game won't be a Soulslike game so no point getting hopes up for BB2, maybe later on PS5

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a sec if i understand this right they added this to the main games server? Or am i reading it wrong, sorry my english is not perfect yet so i sometimes misunderstand certain things.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god. This is amazing. PLease find more. Please be indicating BB2. From...please.

I'm a BB fan and i don't want BB2. The story was complete with one game, no need to try to milk it. Gimme something new!
You can do a completely new story in the same universe. I hate this argument so much haha.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Next you're going to tell me someone found a new weapon variant...

well... not the same, but with save editing you can equip Adella's dagger and Alfreed wheel.
Adellas%2BDagger-ingame.png
The dagger has an unique R1 attack so it's very posible that the idea was to be obtainable during the game, sadly is unfinished and the rest of attacks are from Hunter's axe, and without hitboxes.

Wait a sec if i understand this right they added this to the main games server? Or am i reading it wrong, sorry my english is not perfect yet so i sometimes misunderstand certain things.

yes, well, more like the server took these new Chalices as legit, and got uploaded (I guess the server doesn't have any check to notice if a Chalice has been modded). You can enter these dungeons with the glyph or if you find them manually searching.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well... not the same, but with save editing you can equip Adella's dagger and Alfreed wheel.
Adellas%2BDagger-ingame.png

Alfreds%2BWheel-ingame.png

The dagger has an unique R1 attack so it's very posible that the idea was to be obtainable during the game, sadly is unfinished and the rest of attacks are from Hunter's axe, and without hitboxes.

yes, well, more like the server took these new Chalices as legit, and got uploaded (I guess the server doesn't have any check to notice if a Chalice has been modded). You can enter these dungeons with the glyph or if you find them manually searching.
Thanks for explaining! That is pretty cool.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Judging from my own experiences of messing around with Dark Souls, I assume the game simply can't load their AI, since it wasn't supposed to spawn there anyway.
That would potentially mean there's gonna be lots of these "friendly" creatures :P

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just took a look at searching Sinister chalices and I already saw a 4 rite one that hasn't been added to the google docs yet. Time to jump in I guess.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the correlations between this new variant of chalice and a hypothetical Boodborne 2 announcement?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched this video, and now I'm convinced BB2 is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__pbBHosNa4

I'm also convinced that it's not and that I'm in for a world of disappointment.

What are the correlations between this new variant of chalice and a hypothetical Boodborne 2 announcement?

There's no correlation between the two. The data being made available for editing recently is all that is happening here. It's the same with previously unknown cut content being released recently.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
What about upcoming comic and the fact that From is working on one game that will "comply with the expectations from fans"?

I want to believe.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There has been Soulsborne comics since Dark Souls 2 (protip: they all suck) and AFAIK that is probably the new Armored Core game, or the new Soulsborne-like game, pretty sure Miyazaki said no Dark Souls and Bloodborne sequel was in the works.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I thought lol Bloodborne 2 will never happen, and I don't think that's a completely bad thing.
It could happen, and it could happen at PSX, but well known cheat engine users playing around with game files isn't hinting towards that I think.
No, not at all. The timing is just quite coincidental and its playing on peoples hopes, mine included. I'd love a follow up to Bloodborne myself, as i always found the first to never quite be fully realized. Give us an actual beast transformation mechanic, give us the real Byrgenwerth. Though, i would also just love a spiritual follow up with a completely different setting. We know that From have 3 games in development from last years interview with 4gamer with one being a dark fantasy action role-playing game and with Dark Souls seemingly on hiatus its likely to be a follow-up to Bloodborne (sequel or spiritual successor), especially with the rumoured publishing deal with Sony, at least i don't see that as being as far-fetched as some would imply.

Last edited:

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki also stated he was working on a light hearted game and then Bloodborne got announced.

Oct 27, 2017
Im not letting my expectations get out of hand with all this, as I know I will just disappoint myself.

I am therefore only expecting an announcement of Bloodborne 2 and a Demons Souls remaster shadow drop at PSX.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never done chalice dungeons before. Are they worth it? This is my 3rd playthrough of the game and I'm doing NG+ to try shake things up a bit. I might give the dungeons a shot. Would I be better starting a new game or would I be ok sticking with NG+?

Also bb2 pls

Oct 30, 2017
You know what… i'm fully expecting a Demons Soul remake by BluePoint and a teaser for Bloodborne 2 at psx.
There, said it.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There has been Soulsborne comics since Dark Souls 2 (protip: they all suck) and AFAIK that is probably the new Armored Core game, or the new Soulsborne-like game, pretty sure Miyazaki said no Dark Souls and Bloodborne sequel was in the works.
I think it was over a year ago when he explicitly said they had no plans whatsoever to make a BB sequel. But he did mention the possibility of a DeS remaster.

I'm hoping they announce something soon. Whatever Miyazaki and co have been cooking in the dark.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've never done chalice dungeons before. Are they worth it? This is my 3rd playthrough of the game and I'm doing NG+ to try shake things up a bit. I might give the dungeons a shot. Would I be better starting a new game or would I be ok sticking with NG+?
Also bb2 pls
They do have some unique bosses and enemies within them and some occasionally nice visual designs but they're also a bit samey and dull. If you space them out while going through the main adventure it can really expand the playthrough time nicely, if you just save them all as a lump to go through at the end it'll be a lot more unpleasant, which i think is what most players did, sadly. A good idea, but not particularly well executed.

EDIT: id recommend using a guide and playing through to see all the unique bosses, it'll likely get you the platinum too if you care about such things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think it was over a year ago when he explicitly said they had no plans whatsoever to make a BB sequel. But he did mention the possibility of a DeS remaster.

I'm hoping they announce something soon. Whatever Miyazaki and co have been cooking in the dark.

I think he said any remaster is on Sony/Bandai Namco, meaning that they won't do it but the IP owners can get anyone to port it.

Anything interesting in these dungeons?

Exclusive enemies and bosses. It's also moody as fuck IMO. Sadly the progression kinda sucks, and you'll have to grind a bit.

Bloodborne with a 60 fps Pro patch and Bloodborne 2 announcement please.

Pro isn't going to run Bloodborne at 60 fps, at most 45-50 like Dark Souls 3.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
from that recent video of unreleased enemies from bloodborne the narrator of the vid notes that data mining bloodborne has been tricky, e.g. these tools have only just been released http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/12/data-mining.html so it's unsurprising that there haven't been more oddities like this found so far.

yep, today should appear a new video. Guy have been hyping a lot of stuff: a crazy ass unreleased boss, lots of shields, diferent Moon Presence model (called Last Form), cut Laurence and Gascoine dialogue, Father Norbert dialogue (probably the funny looking guy from the first video), Umbasa references....

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Don't play with my heart, BB2 is one of my top requested game.

Great to see new things even after the game released almost 3 years ago.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
From is up to something, no idea what it is... But with Demon's Souls servers all closing at the same time from 3 different holders and the BB comic... It really just makes me want to take a trip to their HQ and act like I want a job doing playtesting to do some ease dropping.