• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's not true to everybody in my experience.
Up til recently (currently on my 5th playthrough) she was amongst my hardest, alongside Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos and (Nightmare) Laurence.

Otoh I found Logarius, Ludwig, Rom and Paarl very doable, while I have read they give nightmares to some.

This being said, on my last 2 runs I beat her first try.
Amelia was one of the harder bosses for me too somehow.

I think it's a playstyle thing. I struggled when I played it overly safe with her, but I rushed her down way harder after two playthroughs, and she was a lot easier that way.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It always impresses me the things people discover in these games.

At the same time, I really dislike seeing glitches in speedruns. Whenever I'm in the mood to watch one, I require it to be glitch-less.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game is soooo epic. Every time I see it Im thinking OMG that atmosphere. GOTG for me!

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Up til recently (currently on my 5th playthrough) she was amongst my hardest, alongside Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos and (Nightmare) Laurence.

Otoh I found Logarius, Ludwig, Rom and Paarl very doable, while I have read they give nightmares to some.

It definitely varies by player and play style. I found Vicar to be relatively easy compared to many BB bosses. She's what probably the 4th boss for most players? Maybe I'm forgetting some but I recall Cleric Beast, Father G, Blood-starved Beast, and then Vicar Amelia being the order. For me, Father G and BSB were much harder, while Cleric Beast was pretty easy and Vicar a little tougher than him.

But sometimes you maybe just have a good run and they feel easy. Like Rom was really hard for me, but I almost beat her on my second attempt. Same thing with Laurence. But I didn't struggle that much with Kos or Ludwig.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
How can you discover something like this?

It's absolutely crazy

It's less about "trying everything until something works" and more just having specific knowledge and putting two and two together. People have had the collision data for the whole game for ages so it's partly taking that and looking at where potential skips could be (seeing there is a walkable surface past a wall) and then utilizing something (the wolf's grab and push away animation) to clip through said wall.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I one-shot Blood-starved Beast but Vicar Amelia kicked my butt at first, so I went off to the witch and came back after beating her.

Yharnam is such a magical place.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Man DLC in NG+ is no joke. I think the recommended level is 100+ if you are doing it on NG+. It is a significant increase in difficulty. All the bosses go on ham on you. Its wonderful.

It really is. I went into the DLC in NG+ as soon as it was reachable, and got my ass kicked so hard I didn't return until I was right at the end of the base game, and even then I found it hard as balls. Loved every second. What amazing content!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So would you recommend a new playthrough and what is the recommended level to attack the DLC?

Do what you feel comfortable doing. The DLC is hard for anyone who never experienced it before. The bosses are all aggressive. I think with just NG the recommended level is 50, not sure. But NG+ is definitely 100+. Its the best part of the game honestly so the sooner you can experience it the better.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I kinda hope this glitch gets patched because then we might get Pro support lol

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Do what you feel comfortable doing. The DLC is hard for anyone who never experienced it before. The bosses are all aggressive. I think with just NG the recommended level is 50, not sure. But NG+ is definitely 100+. Its the best part of the game honestly so the sooner you can experience it the better.
70 is the recommend level for the beginning but it's still gonna be hard. It's the hardest piece of content in the game imo.
is it comparable to anything in Sekiro? Sorry i'm getting way off topic, my last question.
Thanks.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

I was so dissappointed when I got close to beating Paarl, vowed to come back and get em good and then got too far to where I couldn't return to it's area.... Its my only regret.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
is it comparable to anything in Sekiro? Sorry i'm getting way off topic, my last question.
Thanks.
Hard to say, you know how it is with from soft games, everyone has different experiences, no bosses in the souls series gave me as hard of a times than two of the bosses in old hunters, the three others were first try. So those two were harder for me than the guardian ape or Isshin young for example. I would say the only bosses that came close to them for me was Ornstein and smough and pontiff Sullivan. But as I said that's just my personal experience.

There are some tough bosses for sure, but I'd take dealing with any of them over
Sword Saint Isshin.
I think it's actually the funnest fight in the game so effin tight, him and owl are the highlights of the game. Screaming baby OTOH, I still have nightmare. Plus in sekiro you always finish in styles which act a bit like honey LOL