• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally completely fine with Bloodborne either getting a sequel or not... but not fully milking the lovecraftian vibes and gothic tone will be a huge missed opportunity imo.
I suspect Elden Ring will have portions of its game basically doing just that.

Last edited:

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
It needs a 60 fps patch with 4k HDR and TAA for PS5 and I am in heaven. 🤩

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
From software is probably in extremely high demand now, believe me I would love a sequel to Bloodborne. But, back in 2015 I guess, it didn't sell as much as Sony was hoping it would. Which has made them reluctant to greenlight a sequel.

I could be wrong about this but Bloodborne sold about two million copies in it's first year. Meanwhile Sekiro did it in less than a month, although I know install base is much higher now, so fromsoftware took a lot more money home.

Don't hold your breath for Bloodborne 2 but there is perhaps some good news, if Demon's Souls does get a remake. And it's a launch title or close to the PS5 launch and it's helps sell a shit ton of PS5.

It could encourage Sony to approach fromsoftware again to make a sequel, but I think Bloodborne was a one shot game.

I think the best hope would be that Miyazaki has said it was his favorite - can't remember the exact quote but I think maybe he said it was the world he was most partial to. There is a lot of lore there and unanswered questions that could be explored. Plus, I think the fanbase has grown a lot since the initial first year.

I don't think Sekiro's sales necessarily reflect a love for that style of game or Japan/shinobi lore. Its the spiritual successor to Tenchu and I don't think that series ever did as well as Sekiro. I think it reflects a growing fanbase for From more than anything.

From should release a remastered BB on PS5 with all the DLC and 60 fps. That would be easy and I bet it would sell really well. Then follow-up with a sequel.

(I'm in agreement with those that say it doesn't necessarily need a sequel. However, remember that it also would have been a great game even without the DLC, but the DLC took it to an even higher level.)

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
However, remember that it also would have been a great game even without the DLC, but the DLC took it to an even higher level.
I mean that's an awesome point. I love the base game, and it doesn't need DLC for me to think that, but man did that DLC deliver. Why wouldn't a sequel be the same? Frankly, I was always a bit disappointed it didn't have more DLC even, considering how much I enjoyed the DLC for Souls

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BB is my #1 game this gen but I don't really need a sequel (not that I would mind one). I just want Elden Ring now. Hope they keep making new experiences.

Last edited:

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
It was made by an auteur who clearly enjoys exploring new themes and gameplay designs with his new games. This isn't a Ubisoft Montreal project where they can put a 1000 person labor farm on any idea that they think will make them money.

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This forum gives this game gets way too much undeserved praise. Its much worse than Demons souls and Dark Souls 1 in many ways, it doesn't need a sequel. The setting isn't good, the performance isn't good, and the music is a step down from the previous entries. The bosses and gameplay are pretty good but this game is not the holy grail people claim it to be.

FromSoft are spending their time on the much more exciting Elden Ring, please look forward to that and stop clinging on to this fantasy.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why does it need a sequel?
It's not why, but rather, why not?

Nothing really "needs" a sequel. Metal Gear Solid didn't need a sequel, it was a great game on its own. Same with Silent Hill. Or Suikoden. Or Gears of War. Or Mass Effect. Or Red Dead Redemption. Or Dishonored. Or Bayonetta. The list goes on and on. But all their sequels were widely acclaimed games on their own and highly regarded by fans.

No reason why Bloodborne shouldn't be among those. And as an exclusive IP it's honestly baffling that Sony hasn't capitalized on that more.

(Side note: I actually hate some of the games above, I didn't just pick my favourites to make a point :P)

The setting isn't good, the performance isn't good, and the music is a step down from the previous entries.
I know about opinions and all but this is wild, not gonna lie. The soundtrack is by far my favourite in the Soulsborne series, the setting is amazing and widely regarded as the best too, and as for performance, while it has some problems, it still was better overall than Demon's Souls as well as Dark Souls 1 on PS3.

I would reluctantly agree that Bloodborne does a few things worse than Demon's/Dark 1. The online, particularly the PvP, is worse (and Dark 1's PvP was pretty bad too, but Bloodborne had major deal-breaking problems with invasions such as the Sinister Bell mechanic and how blood vials/bullets couldn't be easily restocked), not being able to warp from the lamps, and the lack of build variety.

However, it improved on so much more, and was overall such an incredible game that I wouldn't blame anyone for overlooking those things.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Has Bluepoint ever actually confirmed they are working on a remake? How do we know its not a sequel? Bloodborne 2. If they have then disregard just haven't kept up with everything. Regardless though it'll come.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like anyone pining for a bloodborne sequel really seem to lose the grasp of the fact that sequels to good things are not garunteed to be good. Within the soulsborne genre itself dark 2 should be a very cautionary tale.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki/Fromsoft are at their best when they do new titles so while I would love a Bloodborne 2, I'll be happy as long as they keep making titles.

Dec 15, 2017
I don't think From Software will leave money on the table by making it exclusive. The Blooborne deal was before Dark Souls even released on pc. Nowadays, the largest souls fanbase is on PC so if anything the game will get a multiplatform spiritual sequel. But I think it's more of an one and done type of game.