• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I hope it never gets a sequel.

It's one of the best games ever made, and that's the reason it doesn't need a sequel.

Now... a "spiritual successor" would be great. If From ever made that Aztec/Mayan style game in the same universe, that would great! I just don't wanna see another game with similar setting and characters.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it never gets a sequel.

It's one of the best games ever made, and that's the reason it doesn't need a sequel.

Now... a "spiritual successor" would be great. If From ever made that Aztec/Mayan style game in the same universe, that would great! I just don't wanna see another game with similar setting and characters.
Now this? This is it.

Zamaru

Nov 2, 2019
Never really understood the vast appeal for a new Bloodborne game beyond a fondness for the original. The main theme in BB and it's integration into the game doesn't lend itself over well if repeated because it hinges on being obscure up to a point. Once you cross that point in the game it really becomes a whole new type of experience and gets notably more interesting.

A sequel wouldn't capture that same feeling imo, not unless it's an entirely different premise. By that point, they might as well call it a brand new game.

I'd definitely echo that same sentiment of BB being a game that doesn't need a sequel.

Oct 27, 2017
We havent really seen much of anything about Elden......could From be totally trolling us and do a big reveal and it turn out to be Bloodborne: The Elden Ring?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
It's the best PS4 game. But it would be good, if they were not to do another collab with From. Would make it easier for me to not jump on the PS5 bandwagon. ^^

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Don't they still have an unannounced game? I remember two being reported on at the beggining of the year, one of them ended up being Eden Ring.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Does it need a sequel?

Sometimes, perfect art doesn't require a follow up/sequel.

Orson Welles didn't make a sequel to Citizen Kane.

George Orwell didn't write a sequel to Animal Farm.

Bloodborne doesn't require a sequel.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
d3Zu5Je.png

Sony needs to be smart with this one, or Paris will be picking up a different console next generation...

Is there also one with Paris and Xbox One?

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Top 1 PS4 exclusive, over Dad of War. The rest can kick rocks.

I'm down for whatever From Software does. Their Nauseating fanbase aside, the games are pretty killer. Outside of Sekiro (for now) I've dug all the Miyazaki joints.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC it only sold around 2 million, maybe that's why. Or because it's overrated since it's just Dark Souls lite with a "PS exclusive" sticker. ;P

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Interesting proposal but I reject the thesis statement. Ape Escape deserves another game more. I will give you a single bloodborne skin in Ape Escape

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Demon's Soul - PS3
Bloodborne - PS4
Brand New IP That Still Plays Like The Other Games - PS5

That's how it's gonna roll

I hope not.

Soulseborne games getting stuck on slowly evolving sony consoles, not getting 4k updates, having services abandoned, and having poor frame pacing is a huge bummer.

From is likely far more financially successful doing multiplat soulseborne, as the games are very popular across the board.

If Bloodborne 2 or Demon Spuls 2 were to happen, I really hope they go multiplatform. I'm glad From Software seems to know this, and is instead focusing on Elden Ring.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
I slept on this game, along with so many games from this generation. I really need to get it out again. Did anything get fixed in terms of performance on PRO ( I bought this for my PS4 originally ) and any DLC?

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
No doubt we'll see another FromSoft x Sony collab on PS5. They seem to have a great relationship. It might not be Bloodborne 2, though.

Sep 28, 2019
From software is probably in extremely high demand now, believe me I would love a sequel to Bloodborne. But, back in 2015 I guess, it didn't sell as much as Sony was hoping it would. Which has made them reluctant to greenlight a sequel.

I could be wrong about this but Bloodborne sold about two million copies in it's first year. Meanwhile Sekiro did it in less than a month, although I know install base is much higher now, so fromsoftware took a lot more money home.

Don't hold your breath for Bloodborne 2 but there is perhaps some good news, if Demon's Souls does get a remake. And it's a launch title or close to the PS5 launch and it's helps sell a shit ton of PS5.

It could encourage Sony to approach fromsoftware again to make a sequel, but I think Bloodborne was a one shot game.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
The sequel is already out. Look inside you.

See it?

You had it in you all along, OP.

Sequels aren't necessary ever. If you're not forced to make one, then you're in a good position. Enjoy it.

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't need a sequel.
not everything needs a sequel
learn to enjoy a finished story
it doesn't need a sequel.
not every game needs a sequel.
Bloodborne is a self-contained story and doesn't need a sequel, IMO.
I love it, it's probably my game of the generation, but I think a sequel is too risky and unnecessary.
This sentiment is so wrong-headed imo. Nothing about any of this is necessary, but a sequel could (and likely would) be great, so why bemoan the request? Heck, sometimes sequels are better than the original, even of beloved titles and franchises. Why end something when it can be expanded or improved? This industry needs risk more than not, so I say go for it and blow our minds!

I anxiously await the inevitable Bloodborne sequel, with whatever they end up doing with it, and I have no doubt it'll be really great.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I loaded up my old, 100+ hour file last night to help a friend beat some bosses last night, and while I still have doubts a sequel would hit me the same way Bloodborne did, playing last night for the first time in years really made me realize just how sorely I've been missing it. I really hope Elden Ring is cool, because as much as I loved Sekiro it didn't scratch the same itch for me.

So yes, sign me up for Bloodborne 2.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This sentiment is so wrong-headed imo. Nothing about any of this is necessary, but a sequel could (and likely would) be great, so why bemoan the request? Heck, sometimes sequels are better than the original, even of beloved titles and franchises. Why end something when it can be expanded or improved? This industry needs risk more than not, so I say go for it and blow our minds!

I anxiously await the inevitable Bloodborne sequel, with whatever they end up doing with it, and I have no doubt it'll be really great.

You kinda chopped up my reply (I think?), but I'm hesitant because of Miyazaki's stated desires. I don't want anyone but him leading this charge, and if it's a Sony-led thing without him being fully involved, why take the risk?

Rock Howard

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne is the Game of the Generation. I hope it will run in 4k60 on PS5. I would quit my job if that happens.

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You kinda chopped up my reply (I think?), but I'm hesitant because of Miyazaki's stated desires. I don't want anyone but him leading this charge, and if it's a Sony-led thing without him being fully involved, why take the risk?
While I have no doubt that Miyazaki is a powerful influence on the success of FROM titles or FROM-started/led franchises, I have less doubt than most on a game failing to live to its potential if he doesn't have his hand on all points. I've seen just as many brilliant people behind-the-scenes in development without their names in the PR sheet make a game a success to worry far less about this scenario.

I also don't worry about his involvement, and pretty confident he'd be directly and intimately involved in sequels.

That said, I echo the sentiment others shared though about seeing Elden Ring through and doing a sequel when the desire is strongest among the team, but I still think it'll happen and excited for it.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
User banned (1 week): inappropriate joke, previously banned for the same thing
I'll buy any game from From.

If they make a game about ass rape i'll buy it

[mod edit: post reverted to pre-edit content]

Last edited by a moderator:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
While I have no doubt that Miyazaki is a powerful influence on the success of FROM titles or FROM-started/led franchises, I have less doubt than most on a game failing to live to its potential if he doesn't have his hand on all points. I've seen just as many brilliant people behind-the-scenes in development without their names in the PR sheet make a game a success to worry far less about this scenario.

I also don't worry about his involvement, and pretty confident he'd be directly and intimately involved in sequels.

That said, I echo the sentiment others shared though about seeing Elden Ring through and doing a sequel when the desire is strongest among the team, but I still think it'll happen and excited for it.

I guess that's fair, I just don't have that type of confidence/faith given his own words (and indeed, actions).