• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
this is NOT a spider...

FeminineFaroffIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Lol those spiders were freaky.

Though the nightmare of mensis had those cosmic worm things and you had those freaky eyeball dudes in some areas. Hated every second of those things.

I'd rather deal with the spiders than those nightmare creatures.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Only spider that ever crept me out is the one from Limbo. This one is incredibly frightening.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst... not fully a spider, can I just say how much fun it was trying to fight Rom whilst simultaneously trying not to look at it? Spider + trypophobia, good times.

Nov 4, 2017
I live in Australia, which is basically a giant Defiled Chalice Dungeon. I was desensitised to spiders as a whelp. I'm more concerned about the 7 foot birds that can disembowel me with a kick or the invisible jellyfish that can kill me before I even know I've been stung.

This is me in my lvl 4 run on the Chalice Dungeons just trying to run around and grabbings things from chests before dying:

A80Zyxj.jpg

lol
Literally did that dungeon last night. The chime maiden spawns them from SO far away and so quickly. Gotta level up that pizza cutter though.... SPIN TO WINNNNNNN

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spiders in video games don't usually creep me out but holy shit Patches being a human head and spider body is just DISTURBING.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Idk how I was somehow braver a couple weeks ago but I'm in the Isz Chalice dungeon and I saw a couple of spiders and I immediately started feeling SO hot I couldn't go into the room lol fuck me

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh fuck Chalice Dungeon spiders. Take out 6 of the damn things, focus on some wolf beast shit and oh, here comes 4 more to fuck my shit up. Hang back and clear them out first? LOL NOPE! Get ready for the non-stop spider train baby! Kiss those 500,000 echoes goodbye.

This game brought my hate of spiders to a new level.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
All I can say to this topic is that those Skyrim spider enemies in VR made me play some dungeons without headphones and maximum distance between my eyes and the glasses.

For non-VR games, let me throw those black headcrabs in Ravenholm into the mix. Fuckers.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I'm doing it. I'm gonna finally beat bloodborne. I am going to get to the nightmare of mensis. I am going to walk directly into that room. im gonna fight those things and finish this game.

not doing chalice dungeons tho

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I'm doing it. I'm gonna finally beat bloodborne. I am going to get to the nightmare of mensis. I am going to walk directly into that room. im gonna fight those things and finish this game.

not doing chalice dungeons tho
From what I remember only Ailing Loran has spiders? Though I might be wrong. Because I've been doing Isz for a while and I haven't seen one spider, and I've done 3 variations of Isz dungeons.

that said I would say fuck the chalice dungeons anyways because the bosses in the later layers are fuckingggg annoying and also fuck New Game+ in general, started off really easy and then all of a sudden even at SL 200 I'm dying from Amygdala hitting me once

Also, again if it makes you feel any better it's just one room in Mensis (I think, and maybe like 2 spiders outside of that)

I suggest NOT sitting when doing this lol because when I get scared about creepy crawlies I get a sensation that something is crawling on me rn and I freak the fuck out

Also make sure ur overleveled ok? U don't wanna do that again before accessing a shortcut

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Spiders in video games don't usually creep me out but holy shit Patches being a human head and spider body is just DISTURBING.
On my NG+ playthrough I ended up killing Patches before I got to Nightmare Frontier

I go to Nightmare Frontier and this bitch is still alive?

And yeah I never got a good look at him it's very fucking disturbing and thinking about it makes me wanna cry

Fuck Patches JFC

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
OP I suggest you stay far away from the Metro games, spiders in those games are the size of a fist and they're not fantasized. They're the real deal, what happens where humans don't live.

And if there aren't either rats or spiders around, most probably there's some ultra-creepy supernatural phenomena attached to it. One character in 2033 even says that a certain place is so dead that even rats don't go there.

You should play Nioh, which, according to IGN, has a level called "Spider Nest Castle"

Most Nioh's levels are based on folktales or folktales with some actual historic background (like the one set in the remains of the temple in which Nobunaga was betrayed and killed). That's one of the former, it mimics the Arachne myth from the Greek mythology.

Last edited:

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I do think DS3 and Sekiro are better games overall but god damn it I fucking love this game the most and it's my favorite.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
The snakes don't bother me honestly but the creepy crawlies in this game do

that includes those giant pregnant stretchy spiders in the DLC and in Cainhurst

the rats can go to HELL

etc etc

But still the worst enemies are the spiders

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Also now I know why my second playthrough has been scarier than the first:

My first playthrough I basically played it with the sound off. I would always only play it at like 11 PM

But this second playthrough it's been with the sound on lol

Some of these fucking enemies are fucking loud as hell

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
I do think DS3 and Sekiro are better games overall but god damn it I fucking love this game the most and it's my favorite.

I disagree sooooo hard. Honestly I didn't find the Souls games fun, at all. But Bloodborne and Sekiro are easily some of my favorite games of all time. Which is extremely strange since 2 other games that are in my "favorite games of all time" list are Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy VII Remake, insanely linear games with tons of cutscenes, lol