• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BB PS5 remake in 5 years time, or BB PS6 remake in 10 years?

• BB Remake on PS5 in 5 years

Votes: 337 54.8%
  • BB Remake on PS6 in 10 years

Votes: 278 45.2%

• Total voters

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through the DeS remake right now and... Don't think I really want one at all. Both games have held up more than fine and absolutely don't need it. Especially at full price.

Oct 25, 2017
I literally just want it at 60fps. It could look exactly the same, IDGAF. Just need it at a higher and more consistent framerate!

To answer the OP's question, I suppose a PS5 remake in 5 years because it is the soonest option. But again, don't even need that shit. It doesn't even need a remaster lol. Just patch the PS4 version to take advantage of the PS5's power.

Oct 25, 2017
why do you "LOL" ??

Anyways, it wasn't really a question of NEED.
I'm asking which of the two options would you prefer.
Because I find the idea of a PS4 game, which is more than good enough from a fidelity standpoint, getting a remake to be laughable.

Remakes just for higher fidelity are incredibly boring, especially when the base material already looks great. Hell even when the original game has aged visually, I still feel this way. Demon's Souls remake is the exact same game but shinier. šŸ˜“

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
What's up with all the PC port begging? Pretty sure that isn't what the thread is about.

Anyway, honestly all I want is a PS5 remaster. 4K/60fps with proper frame pacing is all Bloodborne needs, it's already beautiful.

OP
OP
halcali

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Demon's Souls remake is the exact same game but shinier. šŸ˜“

I hear ya, and actually I kinda agree.
It was a fun time to replay the game but I prefer the art style of the original Demon's Souls.

Well, we won't truly know until a remaster/remake happens, and I believe it will happen eventually because of how inspiring and important the game is to so many.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
A PC/Ps5 version with good framerate and better IQ will be more than enough.

The game doesn't need a remake, especially a remake that changes the artistic vision like the DS one. I mean, it worked good enough for DS because the original game had poor graphics for a Ps3 game, but BB has no such problem and even if it has been poorly optimized for the Ps4 the game has good assets so presenting them at 4K@60 should be the way to go.

FROM shouldn't be wasting time with BB, they have talent and new ideas are the best way to use it, so the best Sony can do is to fix the game framerate and IQ with the minimal FROM involvement.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I find the idea of a PS4 game, which is more than good enough from a fidelity standpoint, getting a remake to be laughable.

Remakes just for higher fidelity are incredibly boring, especially when the base material already looks great. Hell even when the original game has aged visually, I still feel this way. Demon's Souls remake is the exact same game but shinier. šŸ˜“
I was with you until this post. I see this is just the handheld gamer girl in you talking now. šŸ˜¢

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
No remake needed if we get a remaster ASAP:
Faster loading, 60fps, higher res, toggleable AA, toggleable chromatic abberation, polished shining lighting effects on surfaces (too shiny now), QoL changes such as jump with chosen button.

Please someone at Sony - go and talk with the higher ups and From and push them to do this.
The fans would gladly pay for a separate PS5 release for I dont know but maybe 60USD or more

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
A port would be best, I think. Remakes always have the issue of if they match the original closely, but a stable port is fine enough.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Remaster the game, 4K 60 FPS for PS5 full remake for PS6 would be ideal imo and never going to happenā€¦

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't need a remake. A performance boost patch or port to newer consoles/PC would suffice.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game does not already get a remake, lol. A resolution boost and most importantly framerate boost to 60fps is all it needs. So I guess it would be a remaster. ;)

Apr 4, 2021
Honestly, if they are going to do a "remake", I would feel like expanding upon the game with a new DLC would be a very good addition, alongside 4K60FPS as well. I am not sure if a SOTFS treatment is needed, but an expansion pack would sound good to me.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I don't want a remake. I don't want to watch a third party "reinterpret" all the art and music, I don't want to struggle to hear the cleric beast's theme underneath a million new instruments and flourishes, and I don't want to look at 4K Gehrman's accidental dead-eyed baby face.

I just want 60 fps.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I only want it to get load times as small as Demon's Souls-remake and released on PS5. Everything else can remain as it was.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I'd very much like a sequel opposed to remakes. While it's nice to go through old games with better graphics and QOL, you just cannot compare it a fresh new game

And a Bloodborne sequel has so much potential