• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Am I the only one that never experienced framerate issues apart from playing coop? The game always went smooth as silk.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
good game but too easy compared to other Souls titles

and most boss fights were a bit lacklustre, which was luckily rectified in the DLC

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Just fired this up today for the first time. Gonna try to beat it before FFVII releases.

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Bloodborne 2, Uncharted 5 or a new God of War this winter on PS5 and... bye bye teraflops.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Reading this thread is making me want to do another play through! I told myself I would wait till the PS5 drops and hope there's a patch but... "We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood; Fear the old blood." Yeah, I'm going to redownload it. Best game ever, I use to say it was MGS3/RE4 cause I was young but I think it's this. hahaha

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've just started a new playthrough tonight as well. Roleplaying it as someone who knocks doors to tell people to stay inside and who punishes anyone who roams the streets without a permit, especially when they don't keep 5 feet distance to each other. Which is basically everyone.

Early game weapon choice is always a problem. I plan to switch to Beast Cutter when I get access to the DLC, but until then... I started with the Axe and originally planned to switch to Saw Spear when I got it, but now I wonder if I should save my Blood Shards for after the Cleric Beast when I can buy my favorite Kirkhammer.

Decisions, decisions.

Also I moved the game to the SSD I got last year and the loading times feel a lot better now. I don't quite remember what they were before, but from main menu to Hunter's Dream in 4 seconds is completely acceptable in my book.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
My sweetie got me Dark Souls when it went to $20 for the first time. Played it an hour, kept getting wrecked, quit.

FF to Bloodborne pre-release hype. I'm a Victorian Gothic fanboy/scholar, and I knew I had to give this game a chance, despite having no luck with Dark Souls. We made a game of my misery: got a small whiteboard, and kept track of all of my deaths. (There were a lot, I sucked). Slowly I got better, eventually I beat it after 613 deaths.

This year, after finishing Sekiro, I finally went back and beat Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3; and then did two more playthroughs of Bloodborne, obtaining one of my very few platinums.

My favorite game ever. Please let there be a PS5 patch for it.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopper, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it, GotG.

To celebrate, here is a smash tweet:

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of the greatest games ever created. Can't believe time has flew by like this.

I believe I put 300+ hours into this, and it was my 4th FROM title. You simply cannot recreate greatness at this level.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one that never experienced framerate issues apart from playing coop? The game always went smooth as silk.

Did you play on PS4 Pro by any chance? I played on base PS4 and even I noticed the micro stuttering. I also remember lag being horrible in the library with the slime people and when the Amygdala's fired their lasers.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
A screen I took of the game 5 years ago came up on my FB memories. It was on a building with the setting sun in the background. Beautiful.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
With everyone in isolation, I was finally able to convince my brother to jump into this game and he got hooked pretty quickly. Running through it again has made me appreciate it even more, too, the art is so sublime and I love the way your character moves. The co-op is needlessly cumbersome but getting to run around and slay beasts with him has been a pleasure. Easily the best From Software game and a top ten of the generation.

Windy_Smile

Oct 27, 2017
I'll echo what has already been said. This is From's magnum Opus, I've put close to 300 hours into this.
If you haven't already, do look up Bloodborne Communities on PS4, 5 years later it's almost always active with people asking for assistance with Chalice Dungeons, bosses, DLC or Arcane/ Bloodtinge specific run help. You can instantly get help yourself too, very helpful community overall.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Personally my 3rd favourite fromsoft game after Dark Souls 1 and Sekiro but still can't sing its praises enough. Please give me a ps5 or a pc port Sony/FROM.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Did you play on PS4 Pro by any chance? I played on base PS4 and even I noticed the micro stuttering. I also remember lag being horrible in the library with the slime people and when the Amygdala's fired their lasers.
Nope, regular PS4 type B or C, I guess. But always having sub par PCs, I'm used to stuttering and slowdowns, so for me going from 30 to 25 fps is not overly dramatic. At least, I was never killed by a slowdown.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
The lovecraft twist was mindblowing. Still prefer Sekiro for the flawless combat though but this is a close third.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Singlehandedly rekindled my joy of gaming. I was a lapsed gamer fearful of never feeling the same way about games as I did in my youth. Than this comes and reminds me everything I loved about the medium. Reminded me of playing Zelda: OOT and Mario 64 for the first time. The gameplay loop is perfection.

Its one of the most repayable games along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
3OyprAI.gif

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nope, regular PS4 type B or C, I guess. But always having sub par PCs, I'm used to stuttering and slowdowns, so for me going from 30 to 25 fps is not overly dramatic. At least, I was never killed by a slowdown.
I have a PS4 Amateur and so far into my current playthrough there only has been a really noticeable fps drop at the gate to Old Yharnam, in particular when you enter it in the direction of the Lamp.

Otherwise you can tell the fps dips a bit at times, but it never really bothers me.

Still, if they could get the game to a stable 60 fps on PS5... hoo boy.

Bloodborne is the only game where I was consistently killing bosses on my first or second try, usually I die at least 5 times per boss in other Souls games.
Coming from Dark Souls Remastered and especially Dark Souls 3, yeah, Bloodborne's bosses were a bit of a letdown in terms of difficulty.

That said, once you know where the enemies are placed, the levels in Dark Souls aren't that hard to get through aside from a few exceptions (think Anor Londo archers), whereas Bloodborne areas stay challenging no matter how much I've played the game.

Oct 26, 2017
A friend came round to visit one time when I was playing it. I normally try not to play to much more when people come round but he was absolutely riveted watching me. I'm decent enough to play it fairly well but not so much as to make it look easy so every encounter seemed like life or death, especially as I was going through an area for the first time. He was actually disappointed when I saved ad switched it off.

Oct 29, 2017
My Game of the Generation, Game of the Decade, and overall 5th best game I've ever played in my entire life. What a gem, I'll be starting a new playthrough soon for sure after my AC fever has died down a bit.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The game is so pretty as well. FromSoft really developed the perfect engine for the game, from an artistic standpoint at least. There's something about the way buildings and entire areas in the distance fade into the background that is so captivating. I can't really find the proper word for it. Areas like Hemwick Charnel Lane are beautiful to look at (shame about the demented laughter in the distance, though).

And it looks even better in motion.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I dunno, there were a couple times when I swore I pressed dodge and my character dodged half a second later.

When playing Sekiro, I was getting whipped by the Head
The game is so pretty as well. FromSoft really developed the perfect engine for the game, from an artistic standpoint at least. There's something about the way buildings and entire areas in the distance fade into the background that is so captivating. I can't really find the proper word for it. Areas like Hemwick Charnel Lane are beautiful to look at (shame about the demented laughter in the distance, though).

And it looks even better in motion.

I think Studio Japan played a role here too. In some respects, BB has more complex geometry and assets than either of DS3 or Sekiro despite releasing first.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Not my type of game tbh and the initial community was so toxic with the " git gud" stuff, being unable to accept that some may not think it's the greatest thing ever… That said those attitudes have really pretty much vanished since then thank goodness and the atmosphere is unlike anything I've ever seen in a game

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Great game without a doubt, but it ain't DS1 or Sekiro. I do love that BB eventually evolved to Sekiro and I'm all over Elden Ring when it releases.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
the holy trinity of this generation

1 Bloodborne
2 The Witcher 3
3 Doom Eternal

the waiting for Elden Ring is tearing me apart.

roominess.jpg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I think Studio Japan played a role here too. In some respects, BB has more complex geometry and assets than either of DS3 or Sekiro despite releasing first.
I haven't played Sekiro yet, so can't say anything about that. But Dark Souls 3 definitely has the same "fade into background" qualities with its vistas.

Things like buildings do look a ton more intricate in Bloodborne, though. They really went all out on the busy, dense gothic architecture. Even assets like the caskets littering the areas, or hell, Gherman's wheelchair, are richly decorated.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne is great. Whenever I watch people play Souls games (on twitch or whatever) I don't think much of it but with Bloodborne it 100% reminds me of myself playing it and how cool the experience was.