• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who never thought they'd be able to properly enjoy a souls game, the gothic cover art attracted me to it, and it ended up becoming one of my favorite games of all time. There hasn't been a more satisfying and prettier experience on the PS4.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is the only Soulsborne game where I got motivated to go through NG+ and beyond. Love it. Freaking love it.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
replaying it for the... 11th time now? thanks, jan (from giant bomb) for streaming it and getting me to play it once more.

while i've played bloodborne so many times now that i no longer feel the dread and anxiety that once enraptured me on my first playthrough, i still feel the rush of the hunt taking on some of the tough enemies and bosses, especially when i've been experimenting with different builds and not just settling for the comfort weapons.

my game of the generation and in my top 10 of all time.

it would be downright tragic if this game doesn't get a ps5 performance boost.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
My first game of this generation, and still my favourite. From nailed it so hard with Bloodborne it's not funny.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I remember how excited I was to play this game when it came out. Was in Americorps at the end of a stressful winter. My PS4 actually shit the bed when I got to Cainhurst Castle on my very first playthrough. Was a long wait to get a repaired PS4 back to finish!! But well worth the wait. It's a classic and I think Sony is gonna have to do us all a favor and ask From to make a sequel!

Jekked

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 24, 2020
I still don't get the hype. I actually like dark souls more. 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
SoulsHunt

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
FromSoft game of generations :

PS3 : Demon's Souls
PS4 : Bloodborne
PS5 : Elden Ring ? Demon's Souls Remake ? Bloodborne (2 ?) but 60fps ?

Can't wait to see their projects.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I always heard great things about Bloodborne, but I played it about 2 years ago, and it just clicked for me in a way I never really expected a Soulsborne game to. I'm not too big into 'challenging' games (or the concept of boss battles in general), but there's something just immensely satisfying about beating a boss in this game, following the 'tough but fair' mechanics, all wrapped up in that satisfyingly grotesque gothic victorian atmosphere.

I still need to go back to it and play the DLC at some point, even though at this point I've completely forgotten how to play the game and probably will take me a bit of time to get back into its groove.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Flaws and all, it's an incredible achievement by From Soft. Most inspired and confident work I've seen from a big budget game and developer in the generation.

I can shit on the Chalice Dungeons all day long and still love the game lol.

Last edited:

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Glad that I finally got to play this last year via PS Now. Had Bonfireside Chat as a guide; I'm not sure I would have understood what was going on in the game without it. Great game overall.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though I think it falls short of its immense potential, it's still one of my favorite games of all time. What an experience.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a PS4 for this.

Random thoughts/musings:

The first game I got of the 'new gen' which rammed home to me that games were less optimised now (bugs, crashes aplenty, even for From game)

I knew from past experiences with Souls games how to generally play, but the aggressive play style (ie no shields) was again quite ground breaking.

I had to restart after not understanding the cane. The saw and kirkhammer were my go-to's.

Spoilers aren't much an issue with me in these, so I knew what was coming during the mid-game, wasn't really that interesting for me but it did open my eyes (haha) to Lovecraft stuff more than most other riffs I'd seen to that point.

The story made no sense and I wished the DLC focused more on this. I liked it for what it was but the world building was unfulfilled. Yes I've watched the years worth of fan content about this plot, thank you.

Eileen the Crow > all others

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games of the generation. I thought playing Dark Souls was amazing, this surpassed it in almost every way.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
My GOTG too.
It has this gothic, horror theme that fits perfectly with it's disturbing monster and world design.
I want a bloodborne 2 for ps5

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
The game that got me to buy my first console since 2001.

I had held off on getting a PS4 as I just wasn't interested in anything for the system before March 2015. My friend had given me his X360 in 2013, and a metric ton of games that had me well entertained. PS4 pre-BB didn't wow me at all.

And the everything changed when I discovered I was a Paleblood. I can't imagine a better game to play first on my PS4. It set the bar so insanely high that I wondered if it would ever be topped this generation. In many ways, it hasn't.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
This Bloodborne Old Yharnam lithograph is the only piece of gaming art I've ever purchased. I don't even know why I bought. It was "limited edition" (feels like everything claims to be); sold directly by Sony. I think I got it for $40? It sat in the tube until last year! Did a quick google search for an image and found this:

www.cookandbecker.com

Artwork Old Yharnam | Bloodborne | FromSoftware

Old Yharnam is an official concept artwork for the PlayStation video game Bloodborne by FromSoftware and game director Hidetaka Miyazaki. This certified

FzY9pUX.jpg

I'm rich.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
BB was the first soulslike I ever played and I instantly loved it. The speed, the skill, the setting/aesthetics, the story, the twist. It was perfect

I went and played the other souls games after and just couldn't do it. Sekiro is the only game I can even stomach. There is something about the speed and combat that BB and sekiro to a different extent have that the offer games can't offer me

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I plat'd this back in December and I think enough time (and thought) has passed for me to declare it my favorite of the Soulsborne. Everything really, really came together.

Also, fuck that fiery dog.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
What a wonderful game. I think my only gripe against it is the Chalice Dungeons, which were completely optional.

Damn, I almost feel like starting another playthrough with a bloodtinge or magic build now.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i dont think i could like bloodborne more than i do, it's an insane game and is by a country mile the reason im glad to have a ps4
I plat'd this back in December and I think enough time (and thought) has passed for me to declare it my favorite of the Soulsborne. Everything really, really came together.

Also, fuck that fiery dog.
good dog just wants to guard your chalice dungeon

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
Such an awesome experience.
We will never get a sequel, will we?
I don't think we deserve it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This is probably in the top 5 games of the gen for me. I don't really liked any of the Souls games, so I was expecting to not like it either, but nope, ended up loving it.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
the ultimate lovecraft game, developed by the master of atmospheric action rpgs. what's not to worship about bloodborne?...

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get the hype. I actually like dark souls more. 🤷‍♀️

Honestly, I feel Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3 are a great compliment to one another. Dark Souls for that OG combat feel and the original interconnected dark fantasy world. Bloodborne for the combat evolution, and for those of us that love the lovecraftian atmosphere that's a MAJOR bonus in the game's favor.

Dark Souls 3 gets you more dark fantasy but with many of the evolutions in the combat system refined by Bloodborne brought into the DS fold.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Finished the DLC last year. The Old Hunters was the most fun I've had playing video games in like 15 years. That shit was nuts.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
FromSoft game of generations :

PS3 : Demon's Souls
PS4 : Bloodborne
PS5 : Elden Ring ? Demon's Souls Remake ? Bloodborne (2 ?) but 60fps ?

Can't wait to see their projects.

Man, I wish I could agree. I significantly preferred them as a company when they were making Lost Kingdoms and Armored Core games. I haven't been interested in anything they've put out in at least a decade now.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Sony would be fools not to make a sequel. Either get fromsoft to make one or find a trusted dev like Bluepoint to make one.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My personal GOAT. Theres nothing out there that matches the world, lore and atmosphere of BB. DLC pushed it over the top too. It will be a fucking travesty if we don't get a sequel to this game.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful game. I wish I could finish it but the framerate and IQ are just a bit too bad for me.
I look forward to finishing it one day.

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
2nd or 3rd favorite game of all time...
Still holding out hope for more, a sequel, a sidequel, late additional DLC, anything!

If it comes out for PC, getting it.
If it comes out enhanced for PS5, getting it.

Played through it 5 times now, and just "accidentally" redownloaded it again.