• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is certainly expansion add-ons incoming, given how little the main game covers and the chalice dungeon material seems to be the main gameplay addition focus for stretch goals.
I can definitely see expansions coming - an "Eldritch Horrors" one, covering the Forbidden Forest (Snake men, Snake bundles, Kin bipeds, Giant Pigs, Shadows of Yarnham boss), Byrgynwerth (Garden of eyes, brain suckers, Celestial Centipede, Rom) and Ya'Arghul (Undead Amalgam, Snatchers, Chime Maiden, Mobs, One Reborn) and one covering the "Nightmare Realms" - Lecture building (student ghosts, executioner, Patches), Nightmare Frontier (Silver Beasts, Yetis, Winter Lanterns, Amygdala) and Nightmare of Mensis (Mergot Chief attendant, Mergot Attendants, Micolash, CrowDogs, Shadows, Wet Nurse).

Other expansions possible imo: Hemwick + Cainhurst, and of course the Old Hunters expansion.
Dam that could be expensive when all is said and told...

The next goal is Eileen! Pledge you Cowards! ;)

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
For what it is worth, the Bloodborne Card Game is legitimately one of my favorite tabletop card games to whip out on board game night.

Definitely has me excited due to that.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of going in on the early bird tier. Are these guys legit? I haven't backed anything on KS in a while and don't want to get burned.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Just a warning to those not in the know, this is produced by CMON, a company that uses every trick in the book in their kickstarters to abuse you into buying.

However, if you think you'll like the game, and are willing to unload hundreds of dollars for tons of cool minis and possibly a good game, then it's not a bad deal.

So right now it's just the game and the stretch goals, but CMON kickstarter veterans are saying that we can expect expansion boxes, various addons and upgrades to appear through the course of the campaign. With all said and done, if you want everything, it's going to be around 300 bucks or more.

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
Just a warning to those not in the know, this is produced by CMON, a company that uses every trick in the book in their kickstarters to abuse you into buying.

However, if you think you'll like the game, and are willing to unload hundreds of dollars for tons of cool minis and possibly a good game, then it's not a bad deal.

So right now it's just the game and the stretch goals, but CMON kickstarter veterans are saying that we can expect expansion boxes, various addons and upgrades to appear through the course of the campaign. With all said and done, if you want everything, it's going to be around 300 bucks or more.

They will for sure keep adding things throughout the campaign, but sometimes they are easy passes. The last CMON game I backed would have been around that 300 dollar mark you mentioned, but most of the add-ons were easy passes with only one of them adding anything substantial. I escaped that campaign for $125 I think. I feel that my willpower and thought processes may not work as well on this campaign though. haha

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
So they just unlocked a tier for a Mergo's Loft expansion. When it hits the amount for this expansion, do we get it for free, or will we have to pay more to get it?

Typicalrik

Oct 28, 2017
So the hundred dollar pledge gets you core game and chalice game? The figurinesare amazing! I have a friend who just got into painting them and this would be a great gift for him?

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
So they just unlocked a tier for a Mergo's Loft expansion. When it hits the amount for this expansion, do we get it for free, or will we have to pay more to get it?
It's free. CMON tend to do this with their kickstarters, you'll get massive amounts of stuff that's you'd have to buy seperately at retail. They usual do paid addons but haven't seen any for this.

StayHandsome

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So the hundred dollar pledge gets you core game and chalice game? The figurinesare amazing! I have a friend who just got into painting them and this would be a great gift for him?

The plastic used in CMON games isn't the easiest to get started with as a painter. Games workshop products are a bit friendlier in terms of detail definition.

That said, they're still very nice looking minis and when well painted they look fantastic.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's free. CMON tend to do this with their kickstarters, you'll get massive amounts of stuff that's you'd have to buy seperately at retail. They usual do paid addons but haven't seen any for this.
Aye, Mergo's Loft campaign has been added to the KS stretch goals for "free".

Some in the comments are expecting the first paid Add On to be revealed this Afternoon.

I'm hopping for either Cainhurst, Eldritch Horrors (Forbidden Forest+ Bergynwerth) or a massive "Old Hunters" one that would include Research Hall, Astral Clock Tower and Fishing Hamlet alongside Living Failures, Maria and Orphan of Kos.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Their e-mail says the Yahar'gul expansion is Kickstarter exclusive. Is this actually the case or will it more than likely be for sale to the public at a later date?

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not thrilled with that expansion, and I agree, 40 seems a bit steep for what's included (one additional campaign doesn't thrill me) but for the time being I increased my pledge. I'm not terribly interested in the actual campaign story, and even if I was, you'd play a few times max, and then do what with this stuff? Meanwhile, I was loving those Chalice Dungeon Stretch Goals, loads of new enemies you can use time and time again. Maybe I'm missing something about how campaigns incorporate into the base set, and I know they've said that you can't mix chalice into campaign, but can you mix campaign enemies/bosses into chalice dungeons??

I need to know more.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A new Add On was just announced ($40), Bergynwerth, which includes Garden of Eyes, Slime Students, Rom, and Rom children as well as a full campaign (cards + 1 oversized tile).

Is this gonna be sold later on or do you have to get support the kickstarter right now ?

Both add-ons so far (Yahar'Gul & Bergynwerth) are Kickstarter only, so no retail.
The core game should be available at retail.

Edit: pledges for the add-on also revealed the new boss for the main game: Mergo's Wet Nurse (KS only).
God those minis look amazing.

Last edited:

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Backed this. Looks amazing.

So $180 gives you the main game plus the two add-ons, correct? First Kickstarter here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, so far $180 ($170 for early birds) get you the core game (5 campaigns so far -1 KS exclusive), and the 2 add-ons which are 1 campaign each (1 campaign = 3 x 2 hours scenarios), and the Chalice dungeons (randomized maps and monsters)

Nightmare Frontier (Amygdala) should come with core in theory, along with Pthumeru Chalice (Watchdog of Old lords) and possibly Lower Loran Root Chalice (which would give us Dark Beast Paarl), but we could have another 4 paid add ons-easy,

I have tried to estimate how many add ons could still be coming, and I'm scared for my wallet tbh.

Upper Cathedral Ward (Ebrietas - Celestial Emissary seems a bit goofy as a mini imo)
Forbidden Forest (Shadows of Yarnham)
Cainhurst (Logarius)
Hemwick Charnel Lane (Witch of Hemwick)

At $40 a pop, that's another potential $160, and we still have the Old Hunters dlc to cover (either a whole new expansion at $80-$90, or separate campaigns as Stretch Goals).

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cainhurst ad on is up.. at $60

This being said, it's thankfully a lot meaty-er than Yahar'Gul or Bergynwerth, with a Vileblood campaign and an Executioner one.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
A new Add On was just announced ($40), Bergynwerth, which includes Garden of Eyes, Slime Students, Rom, and Rom children as well as a full campaign (cards + 1 oversized tile).

Both add-ons so far (Yahar'Gul & Bergynwerth) are Kickstarter only, so no retail.
The core game should be available at retail.

Edit: pledges for the add-on also revealed the new boss for the main game: Mergo's Wet Nurse (KS only).
God those minis look amazing.

It's extremely tempting. Ugh.... I'll definitely get the base version at retail tho if I don't bite. Damn it !

And a new expansion goes live: Upper Cathedral Ward.

49d969f1871e17f2d400670f5b718819_original.png

The Ebrietas miniature is huge: 14cm tall and a 17cm wingspan.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't be a CMON Kickstarter if the entire *all in pledge* was less than $250.