• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
CMON, the maker of the Bloodborne card game and Kick-Ass: The Board Game, announced plans to adapt the popular horror RPG video game at Gen Con last month. The game will put players in the role of Hunters working together to take down a series of monsters while trying to gain insight into the final boss monster.

The core Bloodborne game will consist of a five chapter campaign, which each chapter lasting between 60-90 minutes. Players can pick from one of six covenants to join, each of which has their own storyline. This should help with replayability, as each Hunter will have its own storyline in addition to the main challenge of the game.

While details are still scarce about the game, game designer Eric Lang noted that the game would be "really, really hard." That should be good news for players looking for an experience that mimics the original Bloodborne game, which was praised for its challenging gameplay.

CMON plans to run a Kickstarter campaign for Bloodborne: The Board Game in 2019.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/01/bloodborne-board-game/

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I never had the chance to play the Dark Souls board game although my friend bought it. I wonder if this will be similar at all.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This is awesome, because the Bloodborne Card Game is legitimately amazing and a lot of fun. I'm really stoked!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Register your address and turn the app online to let other Bloodborne board game players know the game is in process, and that acts as express permission for someone to come to your home with their own character to invade your game.
I want more real life scenarios based off souls / bloodborne invasions so this sounds good. Hopefully they have to say "invaded by [their name]" when I open the door.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds cool, I like cooperative board games. Wonder if there's a mechanic to turn on your friends

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
But there IS a Dark Souls board game :)

giphy.gif

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Keep investing in the IP, Sony/From. I can wait for Bloodborne 2! Interested to hear more details about this board game.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Souls board game left me and my friends kinda cold, its idea of being hard was intentionally repetitive grinding design.
Different guys tackling this right? well hopefully they have a better approach to making it "really, really hard"

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Souls board game left me and my friends kinda cold, its idea of being hard was intentionally repetitive grinding design.
Different guys tackling this right? well hopefully they have a better approach to making it "really, really hard"

Yes, completely different designers and publisher.

edit: Eric Lang is one of my favorite designers of Ameri-trash board games. He's much more hit than miss when it comes to my tastes. Michael Shinall was on Xenoshyft and Rum & Bones (which was much better with its 2.0 update.) So I'm down for this.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I already have the Card Game and with that existing I'm surprised they're venturing into creating a board game tbh

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
With Eric Lang designing it, this should be just as good, if not better than some of his other board games. The Bloodborne card game is good, and I know people in the board game community fawn over Blood Rage and Rising Sun, so we should be in for a treat.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
It's ok, there are better alternative like cutthroat caverns but it's short, relatively simple and looks nice. I haven't tried the expansion tho.
The expansion ties the whole thing together. My group found the base game to be novel, but not able to last more than 5 plays before wearing out its welcome due to lack of variety. The expansion almost doubles the loot and enemies, but most importantly it lets you pick base traits that can alter your build path from the beginning. It's made previously weak cards much more viable and the designs are more interesting overall.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
If I was a multimillionaire I would have instantly funded the complete project on Kickstarter.