• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds as good as I had hoped. I love anything light gun, Time Crisis, London Heist and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood so this feels so my jam. Pumped to play this.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man I want this but then like I just got the oculus so I really don't want to go back to the move controllers. There like a 5/10 tracking while the quest is 10/10. Sony really needs to get better controllers. Will get this around e3 tho when I need something to play šŸ˜‰

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow they just dropped the Metacritic from an 82 to an 80 with this score. Not to mention it the review is poorly done imo. Seeing such a low score when all the rest are so good makes me just disregard this one.

"Poorly done" is an understatement.

I sincerely hope the writer didn't get paid for this dreck. It reads like it's written by a 9th grader.

And yes, I suffered through the whole thing, so ya'll don't have to.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow they just dropped the Metacritic from an 82 to an 80 with this score. Not to mention it the review is poorly done imo. Seeing such a low score when all the rest are so good makes me just disregard this one.

I feel bad for the developers. That score is straight up bullshit. Super lame that it counts on Metacritic.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility and Personal Attacks
Ban me but that Video Chums guy is an dirty stinky ASSHOLE !!!

Fucking A.J Maciejewski...

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
So are Sony going to actually put some more Move controllers out in the wild? Because there's no point making titles like this if people don't have a chance to control it correctly.

Edit: I take that back... seems like they finally got round to restocking normal stores at last.

Last edited:

Kemono

ā–² Legend ā–²
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preordered after watching the gameplay from playstation underground a few days ago.

Looks really good. Nice scores.

My gut feeling hasn't dissapointed me so far.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Takes the piss that these guys are on MC with that high school level bullshit and we're not :( fucksake.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I loved London Heist and haven't bought a PSVR game in a while, but i don't know if this game is worth $40. Do we know how long it is? I'm hearing 3-4 hours...

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Metacritic and Opencritic were established to show the diversity of opinions. You won't have success.

Reviews look good. Didn't expect much but the scores are pretty solid. Picking up the game later. :)

Opencritic offers a layer of curation thankfully so you can ignore the fake or clickbait reviews. But disingenuous reviews like this can do harm on metacritic, especially when bonuses are sometimes linked to metacritic score

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Good and very consistent scores.

Not giving that 2.9 the click he so desperately seems to desire.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Metacritic and Opencritic were established to show the diversity of opinions. You won't have success.

Reviews look good. Didn't expect much but the scores are pretty solid. Picking up the game later. :)

Lowest score : 29

2nd lowest score: one (!) 70

That has nothing to do with an opinion, that's pure trolling and that's what I wrote to MC.
It won't probably have no successful but I had to wrote that...

With more friendly and neutral words than here ;)

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Was looking forward to it, looks like exactly what I was hoping for.
Guess I better go and Pre-order :P

Damn, this, Ghost Giant, Iron Man coming later this year... PSVR is amazing.

A.J. from VC

Video Chums
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Hello. A.J. from Video Chums here. Just wanted to express that I sincerely didn't like Blood & Truth and I was incredibly surprised by the great scores that it's getting. I honestly thought that it would get a 5 to 6 average score on Metacritic. Keep in mind, I wrote and scored my review well before I knew what anyone else was going to give it; not that that would have changed anything, in all honesty.

Obviously, my opinion is extremely unpopular in this case. However, I can assure you that I didn't give it a poor score "just for clicks" and I have never done that for any of the 1123 reviews that I wrote over the years. That practice is downright sickening. I simply didn't like the game but I respect everyone who does. In fact, I'm happy that most reviewers enjoyed themselves.

Anyway, I understand the insulting comments towards me because my review score upset some people and I feel bad that people are upset. So, please enjoy the game and disregard my review if you disagree with it. I still stand by it, though, unpopular as it may be.

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
Opencritic offers a layer of curation thankfully so you can ignore the fake or clickbait reviews. But disingenuous reviews like this can do harm on metacritic, especially when bonuses are sometimes linked to metacritic score

I prefer to have a bad score for a game I like than having censorshop for opinions I do not agree with. The review is fine. He critisizes the writing and the frequent glitches. The score is harsh but the site doesn't seem very clickbait-y to me.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Video Chums guy told someone in the comments that he is proud of his review because out of all of the other reviews he read his is the most detailed. I don't know about all that lol.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hello. A.J. from Video Chums here. Just wanted to express that I sincerely didn't like Blood & Truth and I was incredibly surprised by the great scores that it's getting. I honestly thought that it would get a 5 to 6 average score on Metacritic. Keep in mind, I wrote and scored my review well before I knew what anyone else was going to give it; not that that would have changed anything, in all honesty.

Obviously, my opinion is extremely unpopular in this case. However, I can assure you that I didn't give it a poor score "just for clicks" and I have never done that for any of the 1123 reviews that I wrote over the years. That practice is downright sickening. I simply didn't like the game but I respect everyone who does. In fact, I'm happy that most reviewers enjoyed themselves.

Anyway, I understand the insulting comments towards me because my review score upset some people and I feel bad that people are upset. So, please enjoy the game and disregard my review if you disagree with it. I still stand by it, though, unpopular as it may be.

You have done nothing wrong obviously. It's OK to dislike games. Unfortunately these threads exemplify the worst of this site at times. You definitely should not be insulted like you have been but I am not really in a position to do anything about that.

Jan 4, 2018
I loved London Heist and haven't bought a PSVR game in a while, but i don't know if this game is worth $40. Do we know how long it is? I'm hearing 3-4 hours...
It took me somewhere between 5 to 6 hours (probably closer to 6, though).

And for anyone wondering, the additional modes that will be patched in are apparently leaderboards, NG+, and hard difficulty. With more unspecified modes/challenges as well.

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Damn great scores, might buy this tonight. Haven't been playing VR for a bit. Astro Bot showed us the potential of Playroom VR, wondering if this one will show us the potential of London Heist.

Reviews look good so hoping for a sweet PSVR2 sequel to keep the VR train going next gen.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Sry for my very harsh words (I slept until a few seconds before...) but I still don't understand it.

A 29 must be a game which is nearly unplayable and pure crap.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I took a stab in the dark and pre ordered this, I rarely do nowadays. Glad it paid off! looking forward to playing this weekend.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Great Reviews, I would agree to all of them.
What holds the game back from being a 9 or 10/10 simply the hardware limitations of the moves. With how it is now, you always have to compromise and design your game around those problems.
A Problem that Astro Bot or other 3rd Person games don't have.
I think between farpoint, killing floor and blood & truth, we have reached the peak potential in game design for FPS that PSVR offers. It's either:
- Aim (Problem: no direct hand Movements and spotty tracking)
- Moves with nodes/teleports (Problem: no free movement)
- Moves with free locomotion (Problem: hardware not designed for that. Works, but always obviously only as a workaround, even in titles that do it well)
- DS4 (Problem: looses a lot of VR specific Gameplay possibilities)

BTT: I am very impressed by Blood and Truth, I think it gets the absolute best out of the node-based movement system, which feels less restrictive than I originally though.
Also, the score and especially the main theme is a real banger. Have it stuck in my head since Friday.
Yeah the Moves suck because of that unfortunately. Cant believe it wasnt redesigned for the PS4/VR

A.J. from VC

Video Chums
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Sry for my very harsh words (I slept until a few seconds before...) but I still don't understand it.

A 29 must be a game which is nearly unplayable and pure crap.
No worries! And, yes, I did think the game was "pure crap" and nearly unplayable. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's how I felt from beginning to closing credits. In the end, I guess it just didn't click with me. Reminds me of the movie "Looper". Everyone seemed to love it but it's one of the worst movies that I've ever seen, in my opinion, of course.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Honestly, I am not even mad about the review. The review just read like you had technical problems all the way through, which seemed to have heavily impacted your overall enjoyment of the game. Despite that, I still can't wrap my head around the 2.9 it received given that you were expecting an average of 5 or 6 on Metacritic. For me, something that gets a score under 4 or 5 is usually literally broken to its bones.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
When I read such low scores I can't think but why?
What does it even mean 2.9? Why not 3?
To have such a low score the game should be a total mess, full of bugs, super boring, technically terrible and so on...
Otherwise a 5 could do it to review a bad game...
For how much good reasons the reviewer had, 2.9 is a totally clickbait vote.

Well, its clearly not half as good as Bubsy the Bobcat which got a 6.7.