• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished this and I was really satisfied. This would've been fine as a single season but looks like were going to get a season 2.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
is it just me or was this fuckin legit... kinda dumb story but the "villian" was sexy as hell

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was good fun. Ofcourse my standards have been lowered due to struggling through dragons dogma right before.

Zeus getting a pass for cheating and raping was a bit much.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped episode 1 because of the animation, but mythology-wise how it's keeping it faithful is keeping me going.
Episode 4 now

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Binge watched half the series and it's alright.

Honestly I prefer Castlevania - I prefer the characters and the story seems tighter.

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I loved this so much.

Thought the art direction was really strong, character designs distinctive (everyone's so fucking attractive, holy shit), and the action was cleverly directed and animated throughout. Clear motives, and of course, all the tropes we're accustomed to see in this kind of epic, but with polished scripts (dug the emphasis on explaining a lot of the myths in layman terms). The music surprised me in both its quality and execution - loved its use during the opening credits sequences.

Didn't love how it ended, but eh, excited for Season 2
and Hades!

Oct 25, 2017
It's godawful. Some of the worst pacing and character development I've ever seen in the show of this kind. And along with that a lot of the early action scenes have terrible sense of perspective so they lose basically all impact.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
The credits were fun, I wished more shows showed the art and animation process like that.

But I stopped after like 3 episodes, found it really dull especially compared to Castlevania.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
spoiler for ep 4

kind of fucked up they had that Minotaur wraith. like minotaurs use human currency! How they going to cross?

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Finished it yesterday and really enjoyed it, much more than Castlevania. The gods are all wonderfully depicted as pieces of shit. They clearly try to frame Zeus a bit more sympathetic just to make everyone not be a total piece of shit. Also fuck Poseidon. And did anyone catch Dionysus just straight up spitting wine at someone during the final battle? Hilarious.

Battles felt like a cross between Marvel/DC superheroes and Dragonball Z and I'm here for it. I would be ok if this was a one and done but also would not be opposed to seeing more in this universe.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Finished it last weekend, it was great. Non-stop escalation, lots of imagination in character designs, story events and battle choreography. It was a blast.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is just me, but when I had finished watching this my first thought was
Kentaro Miura (the Berserk mangaka) would have been able to make this SO much better. In terms of characterization, in terms of the Titan and demon designs, etc
But despite that, I did generally enjoy this

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Castlevania, but I really didn't like Blood of Zues.

This show had a lot of weird directorial choices like deciding to turn the animation into stills.

Was nice to see Elias Toufexis in something, even though his voice was heavily processed through filters.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it but I really wish they could have fleshed out the supporting cast more and the animation was pretty damn rough most of the time.

BigGreenMat

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished it. Not great, but solid enough. I would recommend it to anyone who is into greek mythology at all. Castlevania overall was wayore fun and way more stylish.

I have never heard of this Hades game. Looks like I must buy it on steam now!

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A friend hyped this up but I found it mediocre. The animation and fight choreography felt weak and none of the characters were very interesting. They barely felt like friends.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
It's rather mid, but I had enough fun with it. Character motivations and the arcs therein are all over the place aside from Zeus and Hera, and even then they're very static to almost a fault.

I really enjoyed the storyboards in the credits - far and away my favorite part of the show.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A friend hyped this up but I found it mediocre. The animation and fight choreography felt weak and none of the characters were very interesting. They barely felt like friends.
It's funny because when I think Castlevania, I don't consider animation one of its highlights. Like, it's something I found tolerable, but I mostly enjoyed it for its writing, characterization, and it being based on one of my favorite game franchises.

So, for this, when they were like, "From the animation team who brought you Castlevania," I was like yeah, but not the writers.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, what a dumb and incoherent show. The plot is all over the place and the animations looked like a downgrade from Castlevania....

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
This show is awful.

The final episode is the worst episode of any show I've sat through for a while.

Incoherent and awfully animated.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny because when I think Castlevania, I don't consider animation one of its highlights. Like, it's something I found tolerable, but I mostly enjoyed it for its writing, characterization, and it being based on one of my favorite game franchises.

So, for this, when they were like, "From the animation team who brought you Castlevania," I was like yeah, but not the writers.
Castlevania delivered phenomenal animation for the big moments, though.

See the season 2 finale which was a visual spectacle. The editing and directing was on point too.

This show is really poor in comparison.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love Greek myth stuff but I gotta say about eps 2:

The king and his men attacking Zeus? Really?... Really? Okay sure the King is mad angry but his men? I mean... come on. And how was that fight not ever 1 second after it started?

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Just finished this. Wow. What a ride! I utterly loved it from start to finish. Honestly, i really really enjoyed Castlevania but this might even be better. I loved how they portrayed Zeus, more vulnerable physically and also a flawed being in terms of character which just made him more sympathetic to me. Also, DAT MUSIC! And that ending scene was just hilarious, i really didn't see that coming :D Totally recommended series overall, 10/10 from me. I am also not sure i want a Season 2, i mean... that last episode just gave enough closure and was sufficiently epic that i cannot see how they want to top or even match this.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it. I love the whole revenge plot. However I hated the whole "divine power" reveal. Was expecting something much greater but for it to be that was kind of predicable and boring. Season 2 looks like it will be cool so I'm still in my seats

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. Really liked it. Needs 100% more Athena and Artemis.

Also Bubo was in it! Good homage to Clash.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it, and it's a fairly impressive show quality wise, but I have fucking no idea what the point of it was. The story being told amounts to nothing, there's no meaning behind it, no themes, the pacing is all over the place, it's a mess.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this. I was entertained but I wouldn't call this a good show. It's the kind of story that *loves* to do twists, except all the twists are rather derivative and uninspired. The best part of this show is the Greek pantheon melodrama with Zeus and Hera IMO, while the humans (who barely feel like characters, except for Heron who is just shit) drag the whole show down. Seriously, they did such a bad job with Heron that I was rooting for Seraphim the whole time.

If they do a second season they need to shove Heron and his shitty friends into a corner while they go full in on Greek god shenanigans. I need more Hera, Apollo, Hermes and more of the other gods period

Just finished it, and it's a fairly impressive show quality wise, but I have fucking no idea what the point of it was. The story being told amounts to nothing, there's no meaning behind it, no themes, the pacing is all over the place, it's a mess.

Yeah, the writing is really weird. Like what was even up with that whole Zeus Sword subplot. I thought Heron would use it early on, or it would be used as some teachable moment for Zeus (was expecting someone to say "if you weren't such a shitty father, Heron might have used it" or "if you knew him better, you'd realize a Bow would be better for Heron than a Sword").

In the end, Heron never uses the sword, Zeus doesn't seem concerned about getting it back, by the end it just ends up at the bottom of the sea somewhere and there's not much thematic payoff at all. It's weeeeird

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Enjoyed it well enough. Doesn't reach the highs of Castlevania, nor it lows. I'm definitely down for more.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
REading last two pages the consensus seems that it's awesome and completely aweful :). So either i'm going to love oder dislike it.