• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, does that mean they will never solve Blair Witch's performance problems?

I was waiting before playing it :(

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Nice. Observer felt like a step in the right direction for that team. Unlike Layers of Fear it actually gave the player a certain amount of interaction and agency. I hope that expand on that more in the sequel. RIP Rutger Hauer.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
More Observer, less Blair Witch can only be a good thing.

On the other hand, RIP Rutger Hauer.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Cool. I really liked the first game. Whoever's voicing the protagonist has a lot to live up to.

Last time I tried it, Observer still has significant performance issues on consoles. So I'm not holding my breath.
I wouldn't call it significant. The game would chug hard when entering new areas but only for a couple seconds. Most of the time it ran fine on my base PS4.

Anyway, what's wrong with Blair Witch? I haven't played it yet.

Last edited:

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's definitely a sequel to Observer. The binary at the top translates to "Daniel, are you there?"

Really enjoyed the first one. I'll take more!

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Hyped. I like their games and hope they continue making these kinds of experiences.

It would be nice in the future though if there were enemies and characters etc to interact with, as things feel really static right now and most things revolve around set pieces. (I haven't played BW so I don't know what they did there)

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I have not played the first one yet but I am still bewildered, one of the last thing Rutger Hauer did before he passend away was take part in an Indie game.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHITTTTTTT out of nowhere!
not sure it needed a sequel but I'd take another game in that world if it's unrelated to the first. Fucking HYPE!
Observer is a masterpiece. The only thing I'd like to see improved in the sequel is more focus on detective elements and less about horror stealth.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
In, but they need to shake up their gameplay formula consisting mostly of amusement park ride mindfuckery with very little interaction.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaan, I loved the first one, I will play this day one.

I really hope they learned from Layers of Fear 2.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first I've ever heard of this game - I see it's on sale on PS4 for ~66% off, but not on Switch unfortunately. Is it worth a go?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the stealth segments were the one glaring weakness in the first game. I hope they learn from that.

This is the first I've ever heard of this game - I see it's on sale on PS4 for ~66% off, but not on Switch unfortunately. Is it worth a go?

It's frequently on sale on Switch, if you want to wait a bit.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully they iron out the atrocious performance on consoles (even pro/ x). The framerate in O1 was really bad.

Link-182

Oct 27, 2017
LOVED Observer and so glad it's getting a sequel! But if they are bringing back Daniel like they teased, I wonder how they'll do that now that A) Rutger Hauer isn't around anymore, and B) The ending of the previous game.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
They had a pretty big presence at PAX East with Layers of Fear 2 last year. Wonder if they'll repeat that with this?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they do, they absolutely need to do something about the way they render the game. I genuinely can't play, or even watch a video of, the game. I seriously get sick of this game. Absolutely never had that in any game before ever :(

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Whatever they do, they absolutely need to do something about the way they render the game. I genuinely can't play, or even watch a video of, the game. I seriously get sick of this game. Absolutely never had that in any game before ever :(
Bloober Team does have a way of abusing post-processing and 'insanity effects' to the point they lose their fear factor and just become nauseating.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not just endlessly talking to looping GIFs on doorways punctuated by godawful stealth sequences again.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm not much into horror games but a dystopian cyberpunk future with some creepy and scary moments? HELL YES, GIMME MORE! I loved the first Observer.