• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aliencowz7

Apr 24, 2018
The gameplay looks clunky because its early on, diablo 2 and 3 are pretty slow and clunky in the really early levels too.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Cinematic looked great, but the gameplay trailer was just... Ok? I wasn't blown away.
But I get it, it's an early look.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Shit PS4 & XO, RIP Necro having big armies, thanks jaguar CPU's, they really should have delayed until next gen.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
looks like diablo 3 without color

Very much this lol. After all that talk about dark and gritty this just looks like a desaturated D3, which imo makes it less visually interesting and appealing. Based on this trailer I'd say it's actually a downgrade in the visuals/aesthetic. Then again I never had a problem with D3's graphics.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
diablo 4 being on current gen consoles is such a disappointment

Oct 25, 2017
At a glance, the gameplay looks surprisingly incremental upon the foundation of D3. After years of rumoured experimentation, in the end they went back to basics. Apart from the aesthetic changes you could almost mistake it for the scrapped second expansion, with new additions like mounts and terrain interactions, and of course the new classes.

Also, did something go wrong on the production side? I did hear the announcer call in Ion for the WoW segment just before Brack retook the stage, no?

Also! Finally, new co-op content for SC2—and probably the only SC2 announcement we're getting all weekend. Likely to stand as the most meaningful thing I'll get this BlizzCon.

ImboSlice

Nov 30, 2017
Even as a serious Diablo fan I am not that impressed by the gameplay. May be a very very early build, but I agree with what was said before: it looks "off" and cheap. Does NOT look like the next step. Needs some serious work.

Oct 26, 2017
This guy is coming off as an ass. Fake apology, roll off things passive aggressively what the fans have wanted as a way to try to shut them up.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The in game cinematic with the old dude clashes hard with the actual gameplay, man I hope they do more then just reskinning D3...

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
the rest of the stream post Diablo IV has had pathetic audience reactions lmao, nobody cares in the crowd about anything else other than Diablo IV and Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Yeah, Diablo 4 was really underwhelming for me. I know purists want it to be a modern D2, but I was much more interested in the Dark Soul inspired sequel that got scrapped.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... You can basically play it right now. Say what you will about Diablo 3, but it feels great to actually play, from moment to moment. If it's "that, but more", then I don't see how they could screw this up.

I don't know, D3 is way more fluid looking than the combat in this trailer. But like others have said it's still early.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
it's so hilarious that like 9 years later we are getting this focus on "DARKNESS" because some idiots flipped out at a rainbow in one screenshot from the previous game

Its absolutely stupid, and I cringe when I see someone described D3 as "cartoony colorful" which is absurd. But fuck it, I enjoyed and loved D3 but its time has past.

Its Diablo 4 now. No real need to bother with the old arguments now. It looks great anyway.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Kinda bummed no switch for diablo 4 but I know it's stupid to expect it, Its just easier for me to get at my switch now a days then making time to sit in front of my tv to play.