• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Reforged beta invites have apparently started going out.

wc3rbeta.png

(Too lazy to make a new thread)

Oh wow. Gimme! Is that an email? I just checked and haven't received anything yet. Is there a way to see if you've gotten access right in the launcher?

Oct 25, 2017

You don't even need Schreier's word for it. The WoW content, like all other popularly circulated WoW "leaks" prior to this week, was already contradicted by what is actually going on with WoW. Blizzard is also famously compartmentalized to the point that the different teams often only know what's going on in other parts of the building when they are playtesting each other's content (internally referred to as strike teams). So a disgruntled employee able to share future or forthcoming developments across every team at Blizzard would have to be an easily identifiable figure in senior management, making a comprehensive "leak" like this implausible from the start.

It's an unusually successful piece of corporate fan fiction in a sea of corporate fan fiction, because it flatters a lot of existing negative perceptions about what the situation at Blizzard must be like, and feeds into the general sense of alarm across all of their IPs and fan bases within the past year.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I'm in for the next WoW expac (should be paradigm shifting) and Diablo 4. Blizzard's china bullshit can fuck off though.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
They're spending thousands to participate in their most anticipated event of the year. They're not going to jeopardize it with "civil desobedience" within the convention proper. Remember, those people pay a lot to celebrate Blizzard games.

Pros/casters boycotting blizzard over this are throwing out a lot more money than blizzcon attendees are paying, so clearly how much personal cost you would incur isn't necessarily a barrier towards expressing civil disobedience.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Pros/casters boycotting blizzard over this are throwing out a lot more money than blizzcon attendees are paying, so clearly how much personal cost you would incur isn't necessarily a barrier towards expressing civil disobedience.
Pros/Casters are worried about their image and the future

Attendees don't have those "issues". Also the pros/casters having a problem are actually few and far between.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
You don't even need Schreier's word for it. The WoW content, like all other popularly circulated WoW "leaks" prior to this week, was already contradicted by what is actually going on with WoW.

I played WoW actively till about last month, taking a break after exhausting 8.2's content. I recognize it's fake, but which parts of that leak's WoW blurb have been contradicted? Most of what the fake leak's saying is about 9.0 onward, and could all still fit, I think...?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Chances of diablo mobile being ported to pc/consoles as a $20 spinoff?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of diablo mobile being ported to pc/consoles as a $20 spinoff?

Very little.

It's basically just Diablo 3 on mobile. What would be the point of porting it?

(This question was actually asked at last year's Blizzcon Q&A and led to the infamous "don't you guys have phones?" quote).

Oct 25, 2017
I played WoW actively till about last month, taking a break after exhausting 8.2's content. I recognize it's fake, but which parts of that leak's WoW blurb have been contradicted? Most of what the fake leak's saying is about 9.0 onward, and could all still fit, I think...?

For one thing, we know by now that the story really didn't have some kind of surprise turnaround in store for Sylvanas and that they closed out her subplot for now with the conclusion of the War Campaign in 8.2.5. (I haven't been playing the game like you have, but I do know this much; and notice that about the leak as well—no 8.2.5.) This was popular fake-leak fodder all the way up to the day people saw the 8.2.5 cinematics.

Also, 8.3 is already on PTR and extensively data-mined, and if there were any indication that Legion allied races were coming as a paid unlock, something like that would have already been picked up in in-game strings. It makes no sense anyway: everything about the way the racial content was set up in BFA, from allied races to heritage sets, was clearly meant to incentivize people to grind old content and keep subscriptions/engagement up, rather than boosting past it.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Watching Lirik play Reforged and damn it looks rough even for a beta. I think it looks bad actually and not very "reforged."

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The bans were for a week. Praise mods. 🙏 lol /tongue-in-cheek

I'm very interested to see what Blizzard do with wow. Classic must have surprised them. I hope they can strike a nice balance between lessons learned there while also offering something new.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested to see what Diablo IV is. They do have some interesting things they could do, and I think they know they need to have some interesting hooks the go above and beyond what they've done before. Keep the same looting action core, but I would love a reason to continually play that is more than a two week period after a new season goes live.

I stand by my previous prediction that Diablo Immortal will be launched into beta for everyone on Friday.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

Graphically it looked pretty bad imo. That is the principal thing I look at when there is a remaster as the gameplay will be largely unchanged.

I think there are plenty of streams for it atm you should check it out. Some might think it looked ok but the majority of chat were joking around asking if it was the original game.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Only going to passively pay attention this year.

Hopefully Diablo 4 is real. Other than that... meh.

I WANT Warcraft 4 or a confirmation of The Burning Crusade for classic, but neither of those feel like a this year thing.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Only going to passively pay attention this year.

Hopefully Diablo 4 is real. Other than that... meh.

I WANT Warcraft 4 or a confirmation of The Burning Crusade for classic, but neither of those feel like a this year thing.

For a Warcraft IV to happen, that would mostly be on the success of Reforge. The RTS genre hasn't been in the best of places this past decade.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Will pay attention to whether or not the developers listened to the criticism of D3.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm really sad at just how much I was looking forward to this year's Blizzcon. Then they pulled that nonsense with HK. Oh well. The announcements will happen and I'm very very sure that many of the rumored things that jschreier posted and the Overwatch 2 thing will come to fruition. Diablo 2 Remastered is also likely in my eyes.

Deleted member 57578

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Grubby was always a great wc3 and hots streamer, he's on now:
https://www.twitch.tv/followgrubby

In terms of graphics, my first impression was: "It looks exactly the same!". But then I looked at some videos of old WC3 footage, and I'm like "Was it really that bad?". Basically they improved the graphics enough to match the rose-colored glasses we all wear for these older games.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Grubby was always a great wc3 and hots streamer, he's on now:
https://www.twitch.tv/followgrubby

In terms of graphics, my first impression was: "It looks exactly the same!". But then I looked at some videos of old WC3 footage, and I'm like "Was it really that bad?". Basically they improved the graphics enough to match the rose-colored glasses we all wear for these older games.
I had a similar reaction. When I look at reforged footage it reads to my brain as exactly the same and not in a good way. I know the graphics are better, but they still look like a 20 year old game to me.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really sad at just how much I was looking forward to this year's Blizzcon. Then they pulled that nonsense with HK. Oh well. The announcements will happen and I'm very very sure that many of the rumored things that jschreier posted and the Overwatch 2 thing will come to fruition. Diablo 2 Remastered is also likely in my eyes.

Yea I'm sure it's disappointing to those who will not be able to move past it. At least your morals are intact tho! lol

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It's certainly going to be a show to remember...albeit for a vast range of reasons.

Looking forward to Diablo IV, which will hopefully be complemented with II Remastered. And, okay, fine, I'll try Immortal (which is *definitely* not shadowdropping that day, nooo sirree), but the second I see some mobile-P2W bullshit, I'm out.

Oct 27, 2017
It's certainly going to be a show to remember...albeit for a vast range of reasons.

Looking forward to Diablo IV, which will hopefully be complemented with II Remastered. And, okay, fine, I'll try Immortal (which is *definitely* not shadowdropping that day, nooo sirree), but the second I see some mobile-P2W bullshit, I'm out.
It's being made by net ease, of course it'll be pay to win.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This could be the best Blizzcon ever, you've got Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, possibly Diablo 2 remaster, WoW Classic, next WoW expansion and all the memes that will no doubt come from it.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, brilliant OT.
Really looking forward to this Blizzcon. Shit's going to be intense. Probably historical.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This is going to be an interesting Blizzcon, but I'm really looking forward to seeing D4, and info on Overwatch 2. Also in for whatever other surprises they have up their sleeves.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm actually intrigued to see what mobile Diablo is like, but it was a terrible idea to announce it as the closer to Blizzcon last year when Diablo fans were itching for a proper new game or Diablo 2 remaster.