• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Diablo 4 will be Souls Like

Diablo 2 will be a mod for Diablo 3 on consoles

Overwatch 2 PvE will be based on Lost Vikings

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I am defeated, as we live in a world where there is no reasonable middleground between totally ignoring the blitzchung fiasco and making a jokey meme OT.

I would think making a jokey meme is the middle ground between pretending it didn't happen and the actual other extreme of boycotting all discussion of ActivisionBlizzard products for their apparent stance. Because a jokey meme OT is an incredibly benign midpoint in itself.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think Milo Rambaldi misquoted you. His response doesn't make sense given what you said.

It does make sense.

" it was a Simpsons gif I really really realllllllllllly doubt was posted with any sincerity"

They really doubt it was posted with sincerity. That's good for them but I disagree. Look at this thread and the people who are posting here thinking Blizzcon/Blizzard/It's low level employees are the collective formation of the Anti-Christ. People are just trying to stir shit up detracting from the actual issue of their mistake with handling this whole situation.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It does make sense.

" it was a Simpsons gif I really really realllllllllllly doubt was posted with any sincerity"

They really doubt it was posted with sincerity. That's good for them but I disagree. Look at this thread and the people who are posting here thinking Blizzcon/Blizzard/It's low level employees are the collective formation of the Anti-Christ. People are just trying to stir shit up detracting from the actual issue of their mistake with handling this whole situation.
So you think that person actually believes people who make pro-HK statements will be pulled up on stage and spanked and slapped around on screen?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It does make sense.

What? Who in here has tried shitting on the low level employees at Blizzard? Where did anyone imply the employees are the "anti-christ"? Did I miss a post or something?

The focus is on Blizzards collective pile of crap from the last month. Nobody is singling out low level employees that i have seen. (Unless like I said i missed a post somewhere)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I would think making a jokey meme is the middle ground between pretending it didn't happen and the actual other extreme of boycotting all discussion of ActivisionBlizzard products for their apparent stance. Because a jokey meme OT is an incredibly benign midpoint in itself.
This is a really good point actually. I never thought of it that way.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
It does make sense.

Only thing I've seen referring to low level employees shared here was the covering of the "Every Voice Matters" sign attributed to employees and an umbrella protest they conducted outside. What actual vilification of their low level employees occurred? And no, denigration of the company as a whole isn't something that is pointed at the low level employees. It's pointed at the direction of the company which is determined by the decision-makers contained within it.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I did start making a rough schedule though Blizzcon is super packed with events left and right. What Blizzard made on their site is by far the best way to view it which is why I made the schedule link large and hard to miss.

I've already been thinking of making a 'what to expect' portion that I'll likely add when I get home.
I think most people are only interested in the opening ceremony. Blizzcon has a lot of stuff that only applies to people who bought the virtual ticket. They provide the schedules on the Blizzcon app anyway, not worth the effort. There are already links to the streams, so I think you did enough. A What to Expect would be nice but not a necessity.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is the year Rock N Roll Racing makes its come back baybee.

Tarquinn, hits the warp!

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly if the only point of posting in this thread is to say "Fuck Blizzard" then go make your own Blizzard thread.

I don't have a problem discussing the HK stuff because it's relevant and related to Blizzcon, but drive by troll posts suck.

Oct 27, 2017
It does make sense.

I haven't seen anyone equating low level employees with the anti christ. Care to point out those posts?

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Did they ever announce which parts of the show will be streamed live for free?
"This year, everyone's invited to watch the BlizzCon opening ceremony, all of the BlizzCon esports tournaments, and select developer panels—including the first four panels on the Mythic Stage immediately following the opening ceremony—completely free on BlizzCon.com and in the BlizzCon Mobile App."

Basically all the big game announcements.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever announce which parts of the show will be streamed live for free?

The opening ceremony as always but also the 4 panels on the first day that we're all assuming will be to talk about the announcements: Diablo 4, WoW Expansion 8, Overwatch 2 and then a fourth which could be anything.

Then the esports is all free too afaik.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it right now:

**World of Warcraft Battle Royale PvP mode.**

---yes, there will be a Thunderfury laying around somewhere on a map to pick up--

Oct 25, 2017
Skimmed over this earlier and didn't see it:

Somewhat related to what people have been asking about in here.

The beta felt imminent from all the recent data-mining, but I was expecting them to announce its opening at BlizzCon, and seeing it just a few days earlier is a welcome surprise. I think it's certain now that we'll get a firm release date, likely in December.

I ordinarily don't spring for the deluxe editions because I don't care about cosmetics, but Spoils of War was gifted to me months ago anyway, and the SC1/SC2 console skins are gorgeous. Great choice for a cross-game cosmetic bonus. I'm beyond terrible at WC3's base multiplayer game, but I'm looking forward to the beta if only to see how well it runs and tweak my settings.

With only one panel on the schedule, though—not even an exhibition match to show it off, as happened with SC:R—I don't see much else going on with Reforged that we don't already know about, and don't expect it to get much stage time. Not that it needs it; people know what this is. They'll obviously reiterate that Spoils of War grants beta access, in order to drive more purchases/upgrades, but unless there is some kind of original post-launch support coming further down the road in 2020, I doubt there will be much to talk about.

I expect D2 Remastered, if it shows, to be much closer to the SC:R model, a low-cost upscaling of the artwork rather than a full remake.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Skimmed over this earlier and didn't see it:

The beta felt imminent from all the recent data-mining, but I was expecting them to announce its opening at BlizzCon, and seeing it just a few days earlier is a welcome surprise. I think it's certain now that we'll get a firm release date, likely in December.

I ordinarily don't spring for the deluxe editions because I don't care about cosmetics, but Spoils of War was gifted to me months ago anyway, and the SC1/SC2 console skins are gorgeous. Great choice for a cross-game cosmetic bonus. I'm beyond terrible at WC3's base multiplayer game, but I'm looking forward to the beta if only to see how well it runs and tweak my settings.

With only one panel on the schedule, though—not even an exhibition match to show it off, as happened with SC:R—I don't see much else going on with Reforged that we don't already know about, and don't expect it to get much stage time. Not that it needs it; people know what this is. They'll obviously reiterate that Spoils of War grants beta access, in order to drive more purchases/upgrades, but unless there is some kind of original post-launch support coming further down the road in 2020, I doubt there will be much to talk about.

I expect D2 Remastered, if it shows, to be much closer to the SC:R model, a low-cost upscaling of the artwork rather than a full remake.

I half expected no beta and just a "Nintendo Direct-style" release of "It's available THIS AFTERNOON!"

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"This year, everyone's invited to watch the BlizzCon opening ceremony, all of the BlizzCon esports tournaments, and select developer panels—including the first four panels on the Mythic Stage immediately following the opening ceremony—completely free on BlizzCon.com and in the BlizzCon Mobile App."

Basically all the big game announcements.
The opening ceremony as always but also the 4 panels on the first day that we're all assuming will be to talk about the announcements: Diablo 4, WoW Expansion 8, Overwatch 2 and then a fourth which could be anything.

Then the esports is all free too afaik.

Nice, was hoping they showed the hearthstone finals and the wow mdi finals for free.

Oct 25, 2017
I half expected no beta and just a "Nintendo Direct-style" release of "It's available THIS AFTERNOON!"

Blizzard only ever does that with single-player or PvE-only content drops like SC2 commanders. Also notable is that the beta is only launching with Humans and Orcs, as people suspected from following the data-mining and what hadn't been pushed to the beta client so far. I'm still not entirely convinced the full release will make 2019, and I think it's six weeks off at the soonest, just to hazard a guess. Mid-December does seem likely, but we'll know for sure in a few days. They have some flexibility here, as it's a digital-only release.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Curious how Acti-Blizz will handle the Q&A. I fully expect numerous people to turn it into a hot mess and I'm lowkey excited for it.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Blizzard only ever does that with single-player or PvE-only content drops like SC2 commanders. Also notable is that the beta is only launching with Humans and Orcs, as people suspected from following the data-mining and what hadn't been pushed to the beta client so far. I'm still not entirely convinced the full release will make 2019, and I think it's six weeks off at the soonest, just to hazard a guess. Mid-December does seem likely, but we'll know for sure in a few days. They have some flexibility here, as it's a digital-only release.

That's fair too. I half expected it due to a goodwill attempt and just because we hadn't heard much about it.

Kinda how I expect DI, if it still exists, to drop sometime this weekend after the D4 announcement. Or to have been quietly canceled like Warcraft Adventures.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Why not? People feel strongly about this. That includes people who would attend blizzcon. People booed the diablo immortal announcement and this is worse.

Because the people attending are paying hundreds of dollars for venue tickets and possibly thousands of dollars for plane tickets, and would risk getting banned for life from Blizzard events.

This is Area 51 raid levels of wishful thinking. No one with anything to lose will bother with this.

the most you can hope for is some spur of the moment gamer indignation if they change the genre of Diablo.