• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya that's fine. I understand for example that not everyone can participate in protesting with their wallet. That's fine.

At the very least I would like to make sure there can be no Blizzard threads without it being brought up and annoyingly apparent so people have to enjoy these potentially good games with some disgust and holding their noses.

All that's going to do is get people to mute you. You're not changing anyone's opinion on the games themselves.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: hostility towards another member
Ya that's fine. I understand for example that not everyone can participate in protesting with their wallet. That's fine.

At the very least I would like to make sure there can be no Blizzard threads without it being brought up and annoyingly apparent so people have to enjoy these potentially good games with some disgust and holding their noses.

only thing here causing me some disgust is you and your posts mate

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Really, my post causes you disgust but genocide doesn't? How about you not attack me and go about your business talking about the game. I have the right to be in this thread and bring up Blizzard's actions, unless the rules have changed.

Weren't you posting in the threads about Airpods and how you want to buy them for your sister the other day? Did you also give your sister a lecture on how apple removed apps used in Hong Kong protests?

giphy.gif

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't you posting in the threads about Airpods and how you want to buy them for your sister the other day? Did you also give your sister a lecture on how apple removed apps used in Hong Kong protests?

giphy.gif

Lol, the best thing you have is whataboutism.

And to answer your question, yes I did. She's aware of it. She's an exclusively Apple fan unfortunately. Once again, different people have different levels of protest. I'm not going to buy my sister earbuds from another country. Beyond that, almost all consumer electronics are made in China. Just because something is difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't point light to some other thing. What a terrible response. "LOL BUT YOU BUY APPLE PRODUCTS"

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

And to answer your question, yes I did. She's aware of it. She's an exclusively Apple fan unfortunately. Once again, different people have different levels of protest. I'm not going to buy my sister earbuds from another country. Beyond that, almost all consumer electronics are made in China. Just because something is difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't point light to some other thing. What a terrible response. "LOL BUT YOU BUY APPLE PRODUCTS"

I mean im on a gaming forum here to discuss games; nothin more to it really.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not whataboutism when you are basically shitting on people that are not agreeing with you. It's fine if you want to boycott or whatever with blizzard products but attacking people like you are is pretty sad.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Cool, but you being a forum warrior will not change Blizzard's stance, not of people still liking their games because they understand the teams working on those games are not the corporate mindset nor will it free hongkong. And I hope you arw active otherwise because just boycotting Blizzard and then posting free hongkong everywhere does nothing.

Especially not in Blizzard threads dedicated to the games.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, but you being a forum warrior will not change Blizzard's stance, not of people still liking their games because they understand the teams working on those games are not the corporate mindset nor will it free hongkong. And I hope you arw active otherwise because just boycotting Blizzard and then posting free hongkong everywhere does nothing.

Especially not in Blizzard threads dedicated to the games.

Completely incorrect. All of the fuss is what led Blizzard to dial down their punishments in the first place and attempt to put out a comprehensible PR statement. It was because of pressure from fans, the attention they placed in online discussion, social media etc.

It is because they couldn't properly market their games without China being brought up. They would much rather their hype machine not be distracted.

mod post - thread guidelines

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
To keep this thread civil in light of recent and ongoing controversies, please observe the following rules:

• Members may discuss and criticize Blizzard's stance on the Hong Kong protests. This topic is not off-limits or derailment.
• Members are allowed to be excited for upcoming Blizzard games regardless of the aforementioned controversies.
• Hostility towards other members or inflammatory generalizations about other members will not be tolerated and will be moderated strictly.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Hope some of their new games are optimized better. My rebuild Im finally doing in November is going to be on an Intel 9900KS instead of a 3900x almost solely because of the gulf in HFR performance between chips on Blizzard games.

BC and WotLK were by far the greatest mmo days of my life.............fucking glorious.

I hope we get BC classic because so many specs were fixed for that expansion.

I feel like a BC classic is a foregone conclusion at this point. The success of classic all but guarantees it. They would seriously be leaving money on the table for no reason.

They even said doing TBC now would be easy with all the work they have done with Classic. So Im almost 100% they will make TBC servers. The real question is will they allow 1 way char transfers to it, or force everyone to level from level 1.

Either way, I can see it succeeding easily.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hope some of their new games are optimized better. My rebuild Im finally doing in November is going to be on an Intel 9900KS instead of a 3900x almost solely because of the gulf in HFR performance between chips on Blizzard games.

I feel like a BC classic is a foregone conclusion at this point. The success of classic all but guarantees it. They would seriously be leaving money on the table for no reason.

They even said doing TBC now would be easy with all the work they have done with Classic. So Im almost 100% they will make TBC servers. The real question is will they allow 1 way char transfers to it, or force everyone to level from level 1.

Either way, I can see it succeeding easily.

I would start at level 1 anyways.......the changes to the leveling curve in BC along with better talent progression was a much better experience. To me it was the right balance of time taking to level and having fun. Vanilla can really drag at certain level brackets

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
This is good.

Yeah yeah Blizzard supports an oppressive communist regime who is literally murdering and dissecting its people like animals, but bro have you SEEN that Overwatch 2 art? It's like totes the hottest shit like for real. And don't even get me started on that Diablo 4 hype bro!

Some people just don't give a shit. It's not affecting them personally so it's easier for them to distance themselves from the suffering thats going on a world away. Expecting abunch of gamers to drop franchises they have loved for years for a problem that's a world away affecting people they will never meet is just not realistic.

It's sad and its depressing, but it's not really surprising.

As opposed to other video game companies that support an imperialistic capitalist regime and its military industrial complex that kills innocent civilians on daily basis.

Let's be consistent here. Blizzard's action regarding HK is disgusting. But if Blizzard working with the Chinese government should be treated as they're directly supporting the human right crisis in Xinjiang, then every company working with the US government is directly supporting killings of civilians in the Middle East.

I propose that we go to every thread about Hollywood movies to remind people that these companies produced pro military propaganda. Also let's remind everyone that Ubisoft, EA, Bandai Namco, Activision and others paid money to defense contractors. Thus directly supporting the making of tools that killed civilians.

Last edited:

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I mean im on a gaming forum here to discuss games; nothin more to it really.
As a gaming enthusiast, I can use these same words- "I'm here to discuss games" - to explain why I'm more conscious and feel more personal responsibility in regards to the politics of video games than the countless other products that I interface with way more casually, and I appreciate that mindful gaming talk in core gaming spaces.

Not that I'm not flawed with my video game consumption. I'll be ambivalent, but I know I'm going to enjoy aspects of the festivities of the OW2 reveal most likely.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
We really do need a single player open world RPG Blizzard game. It's the one genre they have never tackled.

Surely they can compete with Bethesda and CDPR; heck, even Rockstar.

They got the pockets to go all-in on a AAA epic.

And maybe a completely new IP, not just another Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft retread.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
We really do need a single player open world RPG Blizzard game. It's the one genre they have never tackled.

And maybe a completely new IP, not just another Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft retread.
uggh pls no, those game are all taking like 8 years of dev time, use that time in Overwatch and Diablo pls

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Yep a big open world rpg and a 3rd person action game. The latter they clearly had interest in or Ghost would have never been something they wanted to make in the first place.

Pretty disappointed their OW story game is just gonna be another fps. Would have loved a cool 3rd person shooter/action game with you going through different characters in the story. Post launch dlc would be stories other characters that weren't the main focus in the story. Regular OW would get maps and skins based on big events that happened in the story.

gimme this with Widowmaker
Ghost_Screen15.jpg

Last edited:

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It really saddens me how normally I'd be hyped but instead I'm just more disgusted with blizzard trying to sweep this all under the rug.

As opposed to other video game companies that support an imperialistic capitalist regime and its military industrial complex that kills innocent civilians on daily basis.

Let's be consistent here. Blizzard's action regarding HK is disgusting. But if Blizzard working with the Chinese government should be treated as they're directly supporting the human right crisis in Xinjiang, then every company working with the US government is directly supporting killings of civilians in the Middle East.

I propose that we go to every thread about Hollywood movies to remind people that these companies produced pro military propaganda. Also let's remind everyone that Ubisoft, EA, Bandai Namco, Activision and others paid money to defense contractors. Thus directly supporting the making of tools that killed civilians.
I really don't get the need for whataboutism.

Spring

Oct 31, 2017
Those artworks are looking good! Blizzard is probably going to steal the show with their CG trailers. Day one for me!

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
It really saddens me how normally I'd be hyped but instead I'm just more disgusted with blizzard trying to sweep this all under the rug.

I really don't get the need for whataboutism.

My point is that post "Free Hong Kong" all you want, whatever that means. ("Five key demands, no one less." is more appropriate. "Free HK" doesn't really reflect what the protesters are actually demanding.) Saying Blizzard is somehow supporting genocide because they banned blitzchung is hyperbolic. By the same logic, all AAA video game companies are in some way supporting some atrocity.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointed their OW story game is just gonna be another fps. Would have loved a cool 3rd person shooter/action game with you going through different characters in the story. Post launch dlc would be stories other characters that weren't the main focus in the story. Regular OW would get maps and skins based on big events that happened in the story.

You don't know how immeasurably disappointed I've always been that Overwatch wasn't an XCOM-like tactics game where you use the full suite of characters to create incredibly varied squads and combinations with tons of unit differentiation. It's called Overwatch, for crying out loud.

Such an incredible world and aesthetic design, relegated to cinematic shorts and wasted on a multiplayer-only FPS.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
My point is that post "Free Hong Kong" all you want, whatever that means. ("Five key demands, no one less." is more appropriate) Saying Blizzard is somehow supporting genocide because they banned blitzchung is hyperbolic. By the same logic, all AAA video game companies are in some way supporting some atrocity.
I don't get why you would double down on whataboutism, but okay. Blizzard's policy is to defend the honor of China, so they will continue to defend the oppression and genocide. They had an opportunity to apologize and state they stand with Hong Kong and basics human rights. Instead they blamed the player and the casters for the incident.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that post "Free Hong Kong" all you want, whatever that means. ("Five key demands, no one less." is more appropriate) Saying Blizzard is somehow supporting genocide because they banned blitzchung is hyperbolic. By the same logic, all AAA video game companies are in some way supporting some atrocity.

There is active complicity and passive complicity. Reprimanding Blitzchung in a clear show of force and appeasement is active complicity. Saying that Blizzard supports genocide is hyperbole, but what we know for certain—not only with their Hearthstone action, but with prior actions like referring to the Taiwanese Overwatch team as "Chinese Taipei"—is that Blizzard applies their own internal policies, within their own power and jurisdiction, to concord with China's national interest. It's fair play to emphasize that this particular national interest, writ broadly, is not okay.

When people bring up the ethnic cleansing in Xinjiang, that is shorthand for saying: remember which country we're dealing with here, and which country businesses are tripping over themselves to enable.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It wasn't though. Hearthstone account is registered under NetEase.
Who owns Hearthstone? Blizzard. It is their job if that statement is not in line with their policies to put out one of their own rebuking the notion and saying they would stand with human rights.

Until they do that and apologize, we know Blizzard stands for oppression and genocide.