• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute they still suspended?
RingedClumsyAdouri-size_restricted.gif

EGM92

Nov 16, 2017
This is a bullshit response. Fuck Blizzard. Remember you can always make blizzard hurt by cancelling your WoW subscriptions. You might not think it's much but when it comes to investors wondering why their numbers are low blizzard will have to do some explaining and continued lowered profits will make them think twice next time.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Bro...nah. "China had nothing to do with our decisionmaking" is the biggest load of bullshit I had to read from a company in a long ass time. They are still punishing them while the American protesters on stream got jack shit as punishment.

China's influence is obviously a factor in all of this but I want to know who over there is making the decisions anyway.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Also, the 175$ mei statues has dissapeared, compare:
gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue
to
web.archive.org/web/20190901191014/https://gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue
Is this intentional and thread-worthy, or do we think it's just a massive coincidence since the other Mei merch is still there? I can't tell.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Goddamn sanctimonious bastards. You are a plague on this earth!

A fucking plague!

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
telling folks they can't talk about it either way is still a clear stance and beneficial to the chinese government

fuck off blizzard. you couldn't even let the punishment slide

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Y'know say what you will about the NBA at least they managed to a half-decent back-pedal eventually

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
The part about "our relationships in China had no influence on our decision" doesn't make sense when you go back to the original statement we got about defending the pride of the county or whatever.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Blizzard can go to hell. Great to know they support the oppression of Hong Kong.

This decision had nothing to do with Blizzards relationship to China, but Blizzard will always defend the honor of their country, China.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This being posted on 530 pacific time on Friday tells you all you need to know. It's an unenviable position certainly, but the boldfaced lie of "has nothing to do with our relationship with China" is a terrible way to go.

Feb 24, 2018
Like others have said, this is obvious "Sorry we got caught" and this is clearly trying to appease everyone while not actually doing the right thing.

And seriously WHAT WERE THE CASTERS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!??? I still don't get why they are punished in this, they did nothing wrong in this. F*** Blizzard, Free Hong Kong.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what an incredibly godawful terrible statement. I don't think there's one thing it does well.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Hate to leave a game I've loved and hoped to love more as much as World of Warcraft, but this double down is terribly disappointing, and I'll likely go ahead and join others in deleting my Blizzard account soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if blitzchung will take the money anymore. Almost seems like bribe money to keep quiet and eat his sentence obediently.

Yes, lets characterize Blitzchung, the guy who went on a post game interview to say "Liberate Hong Kong" as someone who would take this money (nothing wrong with that) and keep quiet (which is the part of the take that is fucking awful) about what is happening in Hong Kong.

C'mon man.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
"The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."

giphy.gif

at least the dude got his money, its not small change afterall (10k wasnt it?) >_>

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the supercut of live stream clips featuring winners talking about anything other than the game.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
expect a Bethesda-like montage at Blizzcon "hey look at all these poor passionate employees you don't want to be pissed at, we're sorry!"
Also, the 175$ mei statues has dissapeared, compare:
gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue
to
web.archive.org/web/20190901191014/https://gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue
those fuckers

May 26, 2018
Yes, lets characterize Blitzchung, the guy who went on a post game interview to say "Liberate Hong Kong" as someone who would take this money (nothing wrong with that) and keep quiet (which is the part of the take that is fucking awful) about what is happening in Hong Kong.

C'mon man.

wtf? I'm not characterizing him as someone who would take the money and keep quiet. Why would you think that? I'm speculating as to the reasoning of Blizzard, and if Blitzchung would choose to reject the money to stick to his principles.