• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard: "The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."

Also Blizzard:

EGcLL8WX0AAIL2p

EGcLL8VX0AA7jAs

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
This is the definition of giving the appearance of backing down without actually backing down.
Is it tho? It doesn't even have that appearance to me. There isn't any sort of contrition or acknowledgement of serious fault. In fact it begins by justifying their position and why they feel they were actually right all along, but were simply too hasty in the actual punishments. It's nonsense and doesn't answer any of the actual concerns people have about the incident.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Moving forward, we will continue to apply tournament rules to ensure our official broadcasts remain focused on the game and are not a platform for divisive social or political views.

How is supporting freedom and democracy a divisive political view?

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't make things right at all. They're still punishing everyone involved and putting them all out of a job for 6 months. This is honestly a pretty terrible statement that ignores the fact that they didn't treat that college team the same way and that Blizzard China directly spoke out about how they're protecting the integrity of China.
Pretty much.

What a garbage statement. Get outta here with this bullshit President of Blizzard.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Get fucked you shit hole company. Free HK!

Jesus christ do you really expect ANYONE to believe China had nothing to do with this? Bull. Shit.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Shout out to the person in the locked thread who said they can't say anything that could make it worse.

This is such a dumb statement holy shit. It got worse.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.

Blizzard is reducing all three suspensions to six months

🤔

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I was playing any Acti-Blizz games currently anyway (although I was interested in getting Modern Warfare), but fuuuuck them. Not even going to keep the launcher installed.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision."

Right, that's why you gave Blitz a one hear suspension and fucked him over financially while American University got nothing of the sorts. "We will always respect and defend the honor of our country" huh, Blizz?

Fucking hypocritical, lying pieces of shit.

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
There was a little piece of me the held out hope they might recognize their mistake & about face. Instead we got this weak BS. I'm happy that blitzchung will at least get paid, but I can't give Blizz any credit here. J. Allen Brack had similarly weak responses to last year's Blizzcon shenanigans, so I guess it's no surprise that he screwed the pooch here on a vastly more important issue. Fuck Acti-Blizz corporate management.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
China not being a factor in the decision is the biggest lie I've heard in my entire life....

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow bullshit statement dumped on a Friday evening so they can say they already responded to the situation when the question comes up again.
Nah, fuck off Blizzard.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They would have been better off saying nothing. This compromise felt like it was mediated in a camp. Their ccp masters barely gived. How embarrasing to keep saying slogans over and over again. Absolute dumbasses the lot of them.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can you maintain even a shred of credibility when you just openly lied the world in the face?

Everyone on the planet knows that this is a straight up lie:

J. Allen Brack President of Blizzard Entertainment said:
I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't sure what I was expecting. But this is somehow worse? I read it and just shook my head. Blizzcon is going to be a shitstorm of epic proportions. Blizzard better bring some massive just to try and keep things from turning ugly.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I really can't be surprised by how terrible this response was.

Gotta admit, I had a bit of a chuckle at them trying to reiterate "Every Voice Matters" when they clearly don't follow that mentality.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Blizzard doubling down on "money talks". Still suspended, but hey, you got paid right???

Weird messaging here, and I don't think it's gonna help much.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
It's....better. I am not pleased with Blizzard but sigh. If they revoked the punishment China would ban the fuck outta them. I'm satisfied....ish. My opinion of them is low but....fuck I don't know.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.
BULLSHIT, and saying that conviniently makes the issue only about the severity of the sanction, which is barely relevant and reductive.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
They would have been better off saying nothing. This compromise felt like it was mediated in a camp. Their ccp masters barely gived. How embarrasing to keep saying slogans over and over again. Absolute dumbasses the lot of them.
They should have just announced a new OW character and half off OW lootboxes and HS packs.

Would have been an equally shitty move.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Stupid motherfuckers, you fucked up BIG time with this one.

Fuck Blizzard.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a big fucking reminder that American University pulled the same shit and Blizzard literally gave them a fucking pass and American University pulled out of their Hearthstone season BECAUSE Blizzard didn't punish them.