• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Blizzard went out of its way to make sure Blizzcon was marked by two major game announcements and sorrowful contrition. To anybody paying attention, it was really marked by insincerity and cowardice. The company is a big pile of toss, and no amount of Diablo 4 or Overwatch 2 will actually change that. These game announcements are wallpaper over the cracks in Blizzard's facade, and we ought not forget it.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
We really shouldn't forget about this. "I hate blizzard but I'm buying Diablo 4 and OW2, I just don't support them" is the worst kind of statement. Buying their games is literally the meaning of supporting them.

Blizzard does not deserve forgiveness.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
We really shouldn't forget about this. "I hate blizzard but I'm buying Diablo 4 and OW2, I just don't support them" is the worst kind of statement. Buying their games is literally the meaning of supporting them.

Yeah buying their game after saying you don't support them doesn't mean anything.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn right they are and they will not be getting any support from me until they change their stance and Brack resigns

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Never really been a huge fan of Jim's stuff but seriously thank god for Jim. I haven't liked Blizzard's games for a while now so claiming I'm boycotting is a bit toothless but yeah, fuck Blizzard.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Yup, I uninstalled Overwatch recently and don't play on buying their products until they make this right.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I reserve the right to change my mind in the 3 years until Diablo IV actually releases, but as of now, I have no intention of supporting Blizzard.

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my confirmation that my entire blizz account was deleted a few days ago. I know my action isn't some monumental force of change, but I'm straight with this company and their offerings.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Blizzard is sliding into that "No, thanks, EA" territory.

It would take an extraordinary effort and product to make me pay attention to them, given how much I dislike their business ethics, corporate politics and operations.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks great... but I can't get behind a corporation that supports a government that deals in harvesting organs, genocide, authoritarian capitalism, and oppression.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
User Banned (5 Days): Antagonizing another user, Accumulated infractions
Satire? Nope. I'm gonna support the devs who work their asses off on Diablo 4 and because I enjoy Diablo. Not everyone at blizzard is involved with the Hong Kong incident.

You're not doing them any favors by supporting the company they work for when, by several accounts, even the employees aren't exactly happy with the direction it's taking. But honestly, just admit that human rights aren't as important for you as entertainment, that's fair.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
You're not doing them any favors by supporting the company they work for when, by several accounts, even the employees aren't exactly happy with the direction it's taking. But honestly, just admit that human rights aren't as important for you as entertainment, that's fair.

I'm not going to admit anything because thats not true. I'm on a gaming forum.. here to talk about gaming, and was directly responding to the quote in the OP.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Blizzard did the best they can do given all the major players and moving pieces involved.

Will definitely still be picking up Diablo 4, those devs shouldn't be punished just because Blizzard China's arm is crazy. If the some of the protesters from outside blizzcon can enjoy the games inside blizzcon. If Blizz were ok withpro Hong Kong cosplay there. Well that's good enough for me.

Blitz Chung just got signed by Tempo Storm he will be fine. His return will be massive.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

I assume with this kinda shaming post you fight every battle and you are not hypocritical at all about any social issue when it comes to companies that make entertainment devices and software.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to admit anything because thats not true. I'm on a gaming forum.. here to talk about gaming, and was directly responding to the quote in the OP.
please ignore the drive-by post I made in a politically charged thread about a 22 minutes long video I haven't possibly watched just to get first post, also no politics in games alright

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think you should frame your stance as "you buying the game = entertainment > human rights" because it's a bad faith argument.

I agree with not supporting Blizzard, but dying on that hill means you also die on the hill that you believe your work / social life / etc is more important than human rights because you own a cell phone and a computer made in China. It's just bad faith.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
please ignore the drive-by post I made in a politically charged thread about a 22 minutes long video I haven't possibly watched just to get first post, also no politics in games alright

Imagine caring about getting first post. I simply clicked the thread and read the quote in the OP... i mean thats why its there right? If people don't agree with me then thats fine... just stating I'm gonna buy Diablo 4. I'll see my way out and post in other threads.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Its alright, the game presentations sucked as much as the company as of late. That diablo 4 was some hot trash stuff and OW 2 looks so uninspired on all ends that I don't think it will create any kind of hype whatsoever

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think you should frame your stance as "you buying the game = entertainment > human rights" because it's a bad faith argument.

I agree with not supporting Blizzard, but dying on that hill means you also die on the hill that you believe your work / social life / etc is more important than human rights because you own a cell phone and a computer made in China. It's just bad faith.

Well, my phone is from one of the few brands who don't manufacture in China anymore, but sure. That's not the point.

The point is that if someone says "yes, Blizzard is wrong to support China, but I'm gonna buy their products anyway because [insert some made up argument about how the poor devs who are indentured workers at said company deserve their salary they were gonna get anyway] or because I just need my games", then it's fair to say they care about their entertainment more than they care about the cause in question.

Again, that's fair. It's up to everyone to decide what is important to them. But they should be able to admit it openly and not hide behind some made up bullshit.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll end up buying battle net credit from my friends who grind wow gold it's the closest thing to buying preowned for PC that I can think of

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two minutes after 22 minutes video thread was submitted.
Ya but I'm still gonna get Diablo 4!

Gets called out about choice for political reasons talked about in the video.
Satire? Nope. I'm gonna support the devs who work their asses off on Diablo 4 and because I enjoy Diablo. Not everyone at blizzard is involved with the Hong Kong incident.

I WanNa TaLk AbOUt GaMinG No PolItiCs In ThIs GamInG FoRuM deSpItE vErY PoliTicAl LeAnInG ThReaD.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine caring about getting first post. I simply clicked the thread and read the quote in the OP... i mean thats why its there right? If people don't agree with me then thats fine... just stating I'm gonna buy Diablo 4. I'll see my way out and post in other threads.
You cared so much about the topic of the thread (Blizzard's kowtowing to China and a pathetic Bizzcon response) that you just had to jump in without watching the video that hey, there's a video game you want in development. Good for you?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Two minutes after 22 minutes video thread was submitted.

Gets called out about choice and explained political reasons talked about in the video.

I WanNa TaLk AbOUt GaMinG No PolItiCs In ThIs GamInG FoRuM deSpItE vErY PoliTicAl LeAnInG ThReaD.

I'll post this last response in this thread and call it a day.

1) Theres a quote in the OP for a reason (TLDW). Theres nothing Jim talks about thats brand new or hasn't been said in the past month. It's just a repeat of what everyone else has said.

2) Why do you care what I wanna talk about? I support everyone and anyone that wants to talk politics.

3) I'm still going to purchase DIablo 4 to support the devs

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard did the best they can do given all the major players and moving pieces involved.

Will definitely still be picking up Diablo 4, those devs shouldn't be punished just because Blizzard China's arm is crazy. If the some of the protesters from outside blizzcon can enjoy the games inside blizzcon. If Blizz were ok withpro Hong Kong cosplay there. Well that's good enough for me.

They should have revoked all the bans like Jeff Kaplan said. It's contradictory to call your games and your company a safe space for speech while punishing people for speaking out against oppressive governments.

I understand that JAB is nothing more than a figurehead. He doesn't have a board seat and he's not the CEO. Mike Morhaime appeared to actually have some power and commanded a board seat. It's very clear that all of this came directly from the board. I'm not trying to absolve Blizzard's leadership, but aside from quitting in protest (which I personally do not expect anyone to do, even if I do respect the act if it happens), no one within their leadership team has the power to say anything else.

I guess it's really semantics who you want to put this on. You can blame Blizzard as a subsidiary of Activision, but really this is on Activision's board for being spineless. I still cancelled my wow sub and have no intention of buying blizzard games in the near future (becoming free of Activision and doing a complete 180 might get me to consider it).

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm just glad they (and Activison) decided to show their shittiness prior to Black Friday or I probably would have spent money on Diablo 3 and Crash Team Racing.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
The games are years away from release anyway, nobody will care anymore and who knows what the situation in Hong Kong will be by then

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently an Overwatch player only received a month long ban for homophobic speech. Yet here we are with Blitzchung sitting on a 6 month ban after reduction of the original ban, numerous apologies and the VP of Blizzard himself saying he wants Blitzchung's ban washed away. Fuck this company and it's miserable sheep who are willing to sell out their own rights to play a video game. A foreign whiny bitch baby dictator is controlling what content free countries are allowed to have and who is allowed to talk on a free country's platform. "but at least I get to play Diablo 4" Fuck off.