• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
And I was just playing Blackthorne, I think I better wait for this, the price is a little too high though, but the added/reworked stuff is nice.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty expensive for a three-game ROM collection.

edit: Oh, they added some minor stuff. Meh, my point still stands.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't looked yet, but the free PC Blackthorne awhile back from BNet was really poor compared to the SNES one. So I'm hoping this is a port and update of the SNES or 32X Blackthorne.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Errrr, isn't this supposed to be $19.99?

Its £24.99 in the UK. wtf

Edit: I'm wrong. That's the version that comes with a bunch of stuff for Overwatch etc. Game is actually £16.99. Crisis averted!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if Lost Vikings is based on the SNES version? That version had the best soundtrack.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
am I remembering this wrong but I seem to recall Blackthorne's graphical style was different on SNES from the PC version. like, one of them was pure pixel art and the other one was not?

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Digital Eclipse made this btw. It's not "just" 3 games either.
Blackthorne:
SNES
32-bit
Definitive Edition

The Lost Vikings
SNES
Genesis
Definitive Edition

Rock n Roll Racing
SNES
Genesis
4 Player Versus mode
Definitive Edition

Plus a museum with behind the scenes stuff!

VashTS

Oct 29, 2017
Getting an immediate CTD while the intro video to the game is playing. Oh well at least it was a good price (free).

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digital Eclipse made this btw. It's not "just" 3 games either.
Blackthorne:
SNES
32-bit
Definitive Edition

The Lost Vikings
SNES
Genesis
Definitive Edition

Rock n Roll Racing
SNES
Genesis
4 Player Versus mode
Definitive Edition

Plus a museum with behind the scenes stuff!
Damn, this seems pretty great. I'll probably buy.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Are the "definitive" editions in this collection bugged? For the Lost Vikings, with the definitive version, there are no filter options, you can't play the game in full size and you can't rewind. I don't really care about the filters but the rewind and playing full screen is something I really want.

The SNES and Genesis versions have all of these options.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I like how they call the 32X version of Blackthorne the "32-bit" version like the 32X never existed.
Also, it'd be cool if we could combine the 32X graphics with the SNES soundtrack.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
adds actual recordings of songs from the game's classic soundtrack

I glossed over this, but this means they have studio recordings of some pretty massive classic rock songs in here (which only play in R&R Racing's "definitive" mode). "Bad To The Bone," "Breaking The Law," "Radar Love," "Born To Be Wild"... and then they went and added Rush's "Red Baretta" for some reason (it wasn't in the SNES or Genesis originals). I tip my hat to ActiBlizz for that one, that sure is one way to get past the whole "whoopsie, we used songs without permission" allure of the original ROMs. Part of what this package's $20 price pays for, I suppose!

Oh, but also, R&R Racing's definitive mode doesn't support save states, unlike other games, sigh.

Last edited:

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Booo no lost viking 2, Justice League Task force (Licensing issue I am guess) and the ability to play the 32x version of Black Throne. I'll probably still buy and play :)

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty expensive for a three-game ROM collection.

edit: Oh, they added some minor stuff. Meh, my point still stands.
If by minor stuff, you mean new versions of the games merged version exclusive content in the case of Lost Vikings and a new mode and music (including the actual songs themselves) for R&RR, sure.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I had seen the announcement for the collection but didn't see the games included. After seeing that Rock n' Roll racing is in the collection, I'm definitely picking it up. I played that game SOOOO much as a kid. Jake Badlands & Tarquinn were my favorites. Olaf was pretty damn good as well.

1646311-jakebadlands.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Great! Looks good to me.

Hey, people, don't like the price, don't buy it. Maybe I should go into every topic complaining about fucking game prices, because i sure don't buy games for $60.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is Blackthorne playable for someone with no nostalgia for it? I always wanted to play it when I was younger but never got the chance.
Yes, I messed around with it a couple of years ago for the very first time and it's a really interesting cinematic platformer but with a shotgun game.

Are these playable with the SNES controller on Switch?
All games that support a pro controller (which is basically all of them) can be played with the SNES pads to the extent that they don't use more buttons or sticks, obviously. And since those games clearly don't ... :D

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Rock n Roll Racing is still a lot of fun. Man I would love a modern version

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty weird how Blizzard ignores the existence of Lost Vikings 2, there's probably some copyright issue going on and no one cares enough to go after it.

Or they don't want to offer SNES version but lost code/assets for PC/PSX one? Latter had different graphics, better music and voice acting.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This feels pretty disappointing given the price and number of games. It really needed to have at least Lost Vikings 2 and maybe RPM Racing if there are no crazy rights issues.

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
Anyone getting bad audio delay? Playing Lost Vikings and Rock N Roll Racing Snes versions on the PS5.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The Blackthorne article is sadly laden with PR-speak and spends just as much time talking about modern Blizzard and the Blizzard aesthetic as it does the game. Shame. And what's going on in this picture?
SvLVnge.jpg

Are the consoles on the right papercraft or are those just like, some kind of dust covers?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I messed around with it a couple of years ago for the very first time and it's a really interesting cinematic platformer but with a shotgun game.

All games that support a pro controller (which is basically all of them) can be played with the SNES pads to the extent that they don't use more buttons or sticks, obviously. And since those games clearly don't ... :D

Good to know thanks

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at the achievement list for rock n roll racing and one of them is to beat the game without using the rewind feature and according someone the LT is the rewind button and who's idea was that?