• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Free-to-play MMO published by Bandai Namco but developed by Round 8 Studio/Neowiz.

Video description:
Bless Unleashed is the premier next-generation MMORPG, coming first to XBOX.

Built for mature audiences, Bless Unleashed takes players on an epic multiplayer journey across a vibrant persistent world, and tasks the brave with battling – and surviving – vicious, lethal monsters that inhabit this untamed landscape.

The most visually stunning MMORPG for console. Unparalleled graphics made possible by Unreal 4.

Deeply rewarding combo-driven gameplay mechanics and persistent progression book-end an experience handcrafted for online play.

An open persistent world challenges players to survive a menagerie of mythical beasts… and each other. Integrated PVP provides danger at every turn.

Gifs from the trailer:

I4V830o.gif

1SdAiS3.gif

For the difference between the already existing mmo "Bless Online" and this game, here's info on the differences/similarities from the Xbox Wire post. Link: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/28/how-bless-unleashed-is-different-from-bless-online/

We recently debuted Bless Unleashed at PAX West, where we showed off the game for the first time to the public. It was so exciting to see first impressions of our upcoming free-to-play MMORPG! While we were at PAX, we noticed some confusion between Bless Unleashed and an existing game Bless Online. We're here to explain what's different!
To learn more, check out this video from PAX West of Jason Park, Head of Development at Round 8 Studio. Round 8's goal was to make a fantastic console MMO built in the same universe as Bless Online. To do this, they took some key elements but completely re-worked the game systems from the ground up.

One of the most significant differences is that the core gameplay is entirely new. Bless Unleashed uses a dynamic skill combo system with blocking and dodging mechanics. When you're in combat, it plays out like an action game where you must be aware of your positioning and react accordingly. It's both engaging and fun. Bless Online uses a traditional MMORPG hot bar combat system with built-in combos and tab-targeting.
Our game exists in the same universe as Bless Online and uses some of the base art assets, but we've incorporated a ton of changes so that it feels totally brand-new.

But wait, there's more! Bless Unleashed features visually stunning graphics since it's built using Unreal Engine 4 and supports 4K HDR displays. This is fully taken advantage of by the powerful Xbox One X. Bless Online was built on Unreal Engine 3.
We are so excited that Bless Unleashed will release next year first on Xbox One. Become an Xbox Insider for a chance to play in the upcoming betas
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09...ferent-from-bless-online/#xswYeQauTfRqE4dU.99

Last edited:

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
This looks so much like those crappy auto-play mobile MMOs. The menus and character creation in particular look exactly the same.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, Neowiz / Round 8 Studios is developing. Bandai Namco is just publishing.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
That... Looks pretty good actually. The magic combat looks decently varied and...
Was that a fat Dark Souls roll right in the middle?

I'm interested, tell me more...

Edit: thread title should probably mention platform...

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this related to Bless Online?

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/28/how-bless-unleashed-is-different-from-bless-online/

Xbox Wire said:
We noticed some confusion between Bless Unleashed and an existing game Bless Online. We're here to explain what's different!

[...]

Round 8's goal was to make a fantastic console MMO built in the same universe as Bless Online. To do this, they took some key elements but completely re-worked the game systems from the ground up.

One of the most significant differences is that the core gameplay is entirely new. Bless Unleashed uses a dynamic skill combo system with blocking and dodging mechanics. When you're in combat, it plays out like an action game where you must be aware of your positioning and react accordingly. It's both engaging and fun. Bless Online uses a traditional MMORPG hot bar combat system with built-in combos and tab-targeting.

Our game exists in the same universe as Bless Online and uses some of the base art assets, but we've incorporated a ton of changes so that it feels totally brand-new.

But wait, there's more! Bless Unleashed features visually stunning graphics since it's built using Unreal Engine 4 and supports 4K HDR displays. This is fully taken advantage of by the powerful Xbox One X. Bless Online was built on Unreal Engine 3.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they intended to make the most generic-looking MMO they could come up with or that happened by accident.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Releasing free-to-play Eastern MMOs as launch exclusives to the Xbox platform always seems like a mistake to me, given the size and history of software consumption for the audience and the fact that they aren't actually free to play.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So goddamn upset that they released a half-finished game that had already bombed in every market it had launched for PC, but are only launching this game on X1. The PC version of Bless didn't even run on UE4. Hell, the combat system they spoke about was practically beta tested in the PC game.

Get fucked, Neowiz. I wouldn't trust this game or it's developers.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So goddamn upset that they released a half-finished game that had already bombed in every market it had launched for PC, but are only launching this game on X1. The PC version of Bless didn't even run on UE4. Hell, the combat system they spoke about was practically beta tested in the PC game.

Get fucked, Neowiz. I wouldn't trust this game or it's developers.
Yup. Came here to warn people about this scummy developer. Don't waste your money on anything coming from the studio.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have no idea what the hell this is but I got a beta key for XBOX in my email so here it is:

GVW3P-M7379-G7YRH-G9M6G-GFFXZ

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Well its okay so far...I decided to do the Prologue also and my god,those cut scenes where good but it was a slideshow...I just started the actual starting area and even with everyone running around and all,it looks like its running much smoother now...did not venture further in the world yet though so I hope the FR stays steady...graphics are nice on the 1X.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Is Neowiz behind this iteration too? They completely botched and burned good will from PC players. I liked Bless enough for what it was but it was a dumpster fire.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I think I'm gonna try a different class because the warrior is rather slow with the combat moves. I need something more fast. It looks good though, except for cutscenes and framerate at times isn't too great. When it comes to quests so far it's exactly what you would expect.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Bless was a disaster, but this is worth checking out for the action combat alone. Old-fashioned MMO combat just bores the hell out of me and has for a while.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Oh, I have a beta key. I didn't know it was exclusive to xbox one, thought it was going to be on PC too.

So if anyone wants a beta key, just quote this post.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled upon this thread yesterday and managed to get a key from another site. So today been playing it and despite being very rough and needing a lot of polish I'm beginning to warm to it.

Definitely got a dark souls vibe to some gameplay elements. If they sort out the frame rate and price is right this could be on my radar when it releases.

m6y56jS.gif

YHMPUv4.gif

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I wish people would make more singleplayer third person action RPGs with character customization so I wouldn't have to keep playing MMOs.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Really wish they had a beta with EU servers. NA feels terrible from my end, anything outside of moving the sticks has a 1-2 second delay, combat is pretty much impossible :/

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
And another connection to the server lost error, I think I'm pretty much done to be honest.

It looks good but the combat is too slow for a action combat system. This is what I like in that other MMO on Xbox, the combat is fast and fun. Forgot the name.

Jun 14, 2019
The thing is this is the 3rd re release of bless and everytime its the same bugs over n over. Even here its got bugs from pc release they were there for over a year n has now since closed.

Bare also in mind they put the pc release in early access n just after official launch announced servers shut down n then announced this release

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Why are some of these systems so bullshit?

What a unnecessary hassle to have to press a button and then wait a few seconds to get healed. Or the gathering of simple things like plants takes ages. I can't see myself playing this much like this.

Also, right now I need to fight some spectral assassin. He's nowhere to be found where it shows on the map, highly annoying. And then he finally shows up and after having hit him a few times he's gone again. Yeah fuck this.

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Stumbled upon this thread yesterday and managed to get a key from another site. So today been playing it and despite being very rough and needing a lot of polish I'm beginning to warm to it.

Definitely got a dark souls vibe to some gameplay elements. If they sort out the frame rate and price is right this could be on my radar when it releases.

m6y56jS.gif

YHMPUv4.gif

Just met that Giant this afternoon...it was pretty awesome.The game is not so bad at all so far,I like it,did an Arena and the quick matchmaking with another player took like 40 seconds and that was fun also...pleasently surprised so far.

Why are some of these systems so bullshit?

What a unnecessary hassle to have to press a button and then wait a few seconds to get healed. Or the gathering of simple things like plants takes ages. I can't see myself playing this much like this.

Also, right now I need to fight some spectral assassin. He's nowhere to be found where it shows on the map, highly annoying. And then he finally shows up and after having hit him a few times he's gone again. Yeah fuck this.

Yeah,they have a respawn problem,even regular NPC sometimes take a while to pop on...and that bandit quest,only one pops and there is 15 people waiting to kill the 2 you need...maybe the fact that there is only one server(in North America anyway)

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
servers been really bad today and lots of forced game exits/restarts and for a while items were not dropping.

yes some elements need a lot of re-tweaking and sad this will end soon. According to the GMs none of our progress will carry on when the final game publishes.
znh8sPc.gif

5uYj4GB.gif

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Damn i like the look of this game and the animations are really nice. Too bad its xbox only first :(

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing the beta ? Now level 10 as a ranger and I've really been enjoying the game so far. It does feel very free to play, Like issues with storage and how much gear you can carry but combat is combo based and easy to get new gear and upgrade. very interested to know what others think of their experience so far.