• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

How is it weird? Streaming numbers give us an instant and fluid snapshot of how well a game is engaging with its fanbase. You don't seem to have a problem talking about Twitch figures when it's good news, though. You bring that up quite a bit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ge...-10am-pst-5pm-bst.128819/page-4#post-22727361
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...need-a-bigger-boat.18210/page-14#post-3708600
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...-sold-off-by-now.75600/page-350#post-16548068
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...need-a-bigger-boat.18210/page-12#post-3704599
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...need-a-bigger-boat.18210/page-14#post-3708600

Or are you just gonna post passive aggressive bullshit whenever someone talks about anything remotely negative about an Xbox game? oke i guess
Talking about agressive. All these link you posts arent even threads. Never say they arent important as i think they tell something. But seems more intresting to check the most played part then at a random time checking Bleeding Edge stream numbers.

For example Dreams is engaging great with the fanbase yet it has now 28 viewers on Twitch.
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

But like i said seems to weird to focus on that then other things.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sad thing is that BE is, together with DmC, the only game developed by NT with a good gameplay. Bleeding Edge definitely deserves better fate...

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

How is it weird? Streaming numbers give us an instant and fluid snapshot of how well a game is engaging with its fanbase. You don't seem to have a problem talking about Twitch figures when it's good news, though. You bring that up quite a bit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ge...-10am-pst-5pm-bst.128819/page-4#post-22727361
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...-sold-off-by-now.75600/page-350#post-16548068
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...need-a-bigger-boat.18210/page-12#post-3704599

Or are you just gonna post passive aggressive bullshit whenever someone talks about anything remotely negative about an Xbox game? oke i guess

On point OP!

From my perspective at least, it was a pretty bad time to launch. Though not necessarily competing in the same spaces, other games took large priority over considering purchasing Bleeding Edge, including Half Life: Alyx, Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing.
Each of these has also occupied all of the time I would have spent having a glance at game streams

So yeah, it seems pretty relevant both from this perspective, and for a multiplayer shooter of all things, quite a critical metric that indicates it's current state

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that several people in this thread think Bleeding Edge is a multiplayer shooter is disturbing.

Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing is that BE is, together with DmC, the only game developed by NT with a good gameplay. Bleeding Edge definitely deserves better fate...

Yeah, it's one of their best games. Hopefully they keep supporting it and create a strong community around the game.

The fact that several people in this thread think Bleeding Edge is a multiplayer shooter is disturbing.

I think it's pretty clear that most people don't even know the game and are not interested in actually talking about it. Just want to point out that it's a failure, for some reason.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's completely weird to compare Dreams with other games for pretty much any conversation worth having.

Bleeding Edge is in the category of games which do well on Twitch. That it isn't is clearly a bad sign for its popularity, as if we didn't have enough already.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
C'mon, twitch metrics is Bs, we have gone to the same shit with bl3. Let's stop this jump to conclusions pls.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun game to play. Definitely needs more content and support. I don't think any of us expected it to be a streaming gangbuster

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
User Warned: Hostility
MS didnt give a shit about the game. They should have cancelled it from the get go as soon as they bought Ninja Theory, but they wanted marketing material for gamepass. Very bad time to come out as well, few game modes... and I think its an example that character designs that are super crazy just do not sell and people arent interested in them at all.

what a joke this is. Maybe you should do a little reading on the development and come back with a brain.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
What you should take from this is that Lightning Returns is pretty fun imo.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't of mattered as we wouldn't of even heard about it after their scalebound and fable debacle
The game was pretty far in development already and rumours were about a Coop game called a Bleeding Edge.
Would be a nice introduction also if MS came in and cancelled the game right away. Wich has been a passion project. Good start to a relationship.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have game pass and I haven't even thought about downloading it. It's just not appealing to me due to the characters.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I definitely forgot this game was even a thing. Never saw or heard anything about it after the reveal. If Ninja Theory is just going to be dollar store Platinum, how do we get on the timeline where we get an Anarchy Reigns online release instead. It'd probably still fail, but at least we'd get a game with good charcter designs onto PC. I'm sure someone could extract those charcter models to use elsewhere at least.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I actually played the game about a month ago and thought today it was a shooter. It's that forgettable.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the reveal trailer thinking "this looks very derivative and samey in an already flooded market, this will be doa" and looked looked what happened.

Valorant is only popular and will be around for years is cause riot will pump infinite money into it like blizzard did with overwatch. Actual good games like Siege or others are nearly impossible to replicate.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Eh from what I played. I'm not really surprised. My one gripe with Bleeding Edge that what consistently in my head is that it lacks combat depth.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
the art direction is bloody disgusting, environments have cool textures/materials but that is the only good thing I have to say about the game. In all honesty, I don't know why Microsoft wanted to publish it as a first party game lol

Oct 29, 2017
I was interested in it prior to release, and played day 1 using game pass, almost have all the (easy) achievements for it.

To me, it's biggest problem is unless you have 3 friends to play with, your game will be a cluster, and its 50-50 what side you end up on. A VAST majority of the games I've played are absolute stompings, one way or the other. I can count on one hand how many even games Ive played.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Forgot this game even existed.

Looked pretty uninspiring when I watched gameplay videos back in the day.

Not surprised at all.

edit : Oh my god it's not F2P????? Why would they do that?????

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
I feel for the devs. Me and my friends have played a few matches a night since launch. Its pretty damn fun when playing qith a team of 4 but it lacks content and progression, and with such a small dev team who made it (12-20) i cant see it getting any post launch support.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Since the announcement I never thought of this game doing well as a possibility. Even with all the marketing in the world.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Ninja Theory and I was excited to try the game since the first alpha, but it's just not a good game. Combat doesn't feel that good. While the animations are top-notch, hit detection and netcode are atrocious, so it doesn't feel fun. Hit feedback, movement speed, a lot of issues with it other than the connection. Balance is bad, half the characters are straight up unfun to use (aside from being very generic), and the game does not have the depth or variety for people to stick around. The good thing is that this was a small project, far from the ambition, scope, budget or workhours of something like Hellblade 2 is taking. A side-project, if you will. But if their plans extended beyond 2020, they should have listened to feedback more from alphas and betas, as NONE of the big issues the community was talking about were even acknowledged.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Marketing for the game was trash just like every other MS game outside of their major franchises.

Damn shame too, game was honestly pretty decent. At least this wasn't a make or break game for Ninja Theory.

Oct 27, 2017
Sometime people on this site can be mean spirited. It's a passion project that they wanted to make. Developers don't always have to do what you want

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Some choice quotes in here.

Bleeding Edge was a pet project at Ninja Theory made by a few people that MS supported them releasing. People are treating it like it was a tentpole release. It's pretty awesome that a group of devs inside NT can put together a cool game and get it released and when you look back through the interviews about the game, you can see that those devs were excited about their accomplishment.

It's a very competitive genre. Wish it could catch fire just for the small group of devs who made it.
This. It's basically the equivalent of one of those Game Jam projects that got made into a full game. See also: Grounded from Obsidian which is also going to come out and die instantly. Neither of these games are the main focus at their studios.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Sometime people on this site can be mean spirited. It's a passion project that they wanted to make. Developers don't always have to do what you want

I think the thing that bumbs me out, is lack of promotion for this game, and within it's modes lack of originality. Characters are cool as fuck, I love the designs reminds me of Anarchy Reigns, but it being a hero team game with a focus of teamplay for the modes is something thats been played out.

Hero games are played out, I mean look we already got another overwatch type game with better shooting called Valarant. It's a super crowded market. They were better off making this a campaign co-op game with unlock-able characters as you progress and meet other characters throughout the game.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Eh, there's just too many great games right now that came out so close together, and this one looked very bland and boring. Not surprising at all.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Marketing for the game was trash just like every other MS game outside of their major franchises.

Damn shame too, game was honestly pretty decent. At least this wasn't a make or break game for Ninja Theory.

Ori and Cuphead got tons of good marketing from MS. Those aren't major franchises.

Bleeding edge had its time in the sun with an E3 showcase and multiple open betas. Much more exposure than many successful games have received. it's also available for immediate play for a Gamepass user base that numbers in the millions across PC and Xbox.

It all came down to the quality of the game and the content. Both of which have some issues as reviewers rightly note.

I wish people didn't cite 'marketing' as the answer to everything.