• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im glad they've not announced a date, i does look like it needs more time. The main thing that feels off is the size of the arena's, theres lots of empty space, i understand if your on wheels you can zip through, but it looks really clunky on foot, almost like your penalised. Also traversal animations are not great, would be good to get better feedback on clambering off items. As much as Anthem is failure of a game, the animations and movement are some of the best i've seen this gen, hope they take inspiration from it.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The newer footage looks really good, but I maintain the arenas/stagss look far too big for 4v4.

Almost feels like they were designed with a bigger playercount in mind.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Remember the gameplay is also on control. Think more straight forward mode like payload will make it more compact.

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer only game has to be really special to stand a chance, I'm not seeing it here.
Not sure arena melee is a genre that has any good chance of succeeding no matter the quality of execution.
How well is For Honor doing btw, I expect not to well compared to other multiplayer genres out there.
For Honor is actually doing quite well. The problem is, it took them a long long time to fix the game and it still has issues, so I have no faith in a much smaller team balancing a competitive melee game.
There's also this strange notion with some western developers that everybody loves wacky-punky characters. This reminds me so much of SO in that regard.
Sadly, this has "only saved by gamepass" written all over it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
End of round screen. Highlights at the left top?

D835KQ7VsAAPwLC.jpg:large

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely in love with the character designs. Don't know if I'm just not looking in the right places but I'm surprised this isn't getting more play. This and Roller Champions are among the top 10 things that really grabbed my attention this E3

I miss this game so much 😭
Right? Sad I didn't pick it up at launch.

Oct 27, 2017
As this is first party, then it should be 100% dedicated servers on azure right? If so, region lock it and it should be tight as fuck.

Can't wait to try it

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019
At first I didn't liked the visuals so much, but now with the gameplay footage I just saw how beautiful it is.
This game has so much potential.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
For Honor is actually doing quite well. The problem is, it took them a long long time to fix the game and it still has issues, so I have no faith in a much smaller team balancing a competitive melee game.
There's also this strange notion with some western developers that everybody loves wacky-punky characters. This reminds me so much of SO in that regard.
Sadly, this has "only saved by gamepass" written all over it.
Lol, how is this a bad thing? If it succeeds because of Game Pass it means it's a good game that people got to discover and enjoy because of the service.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The animations are great and the overall look is very nice, and it looks very polished, but the gameplay doesn't look as fast and fluid as I hoped it would.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
alpha sign up survey, "which is your 3 favorite pvp games?", list of dozens of titles but no halo :(

Feb 10, 2018
Looks more like a Nintendo game, like a mix between Arms and sunset overdrive.
I wouldn't buy it, but thanks to gamepass I can give it a go.
It so cool having gamepass and being able to play exclusives day one.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think we need to wait how fast it plays and how he synergy all works when we get full hands on on the game.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Is the dude in the hover bike actually a paraplegic? Thats awesome

Don't think so. Buttercup is the one who lost her legs in a crash:
As Angelica Butters soared through gridlock atop her motorcycle, the sassy Cajun knew she had found her calling. It was her 19th birthday, life was good, and also the last day she would walk again.

After the crash, life would change for the one they called Buttercup, but love would rule. The religious community that raised her, the biking community, and friends and family would rally around her. But she still couldn't ride.

So when she learned of black market augmentations that could put her atop a chopper once again, she moved fast. But such augments were not accepted in the religious community, and so she fled atop her rubber wheel.

She would live life on the southern road, doing crime to survive, fighting the foolish to make money to advance her makeshift augments. When the Skeleton Key was released, her modifications blossomed, and she knew she had to meet the stranger in New York City who had released it.

Oct 29, 2017
Likely been said before but this seems like a good game pass game . Will likely have a decent player base since it's on game pass now it just has to be good .

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Not a fan of the art style, but the game looks good. I wonder if it'll be playable with randoms, if combos are necessary you'll needs friends and voice chat.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually quite excited for a new multiplayer pvp. It actually gives me vibes of Gigantic (miss that game so much, RIP). But I only wish the team sizes were bigger. The maps looks huge and 4x4 doesn't allow for more interesting team compositions, and less friends to play with. Signed up for the Alpha and I hope it comes out on PC close to the Xbox version.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
All the info on the characters with bio and abilities in one handy vid
Bastardo is pretty intresting if you see his abilities.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some nice impressions from Goldenboy. Really liked the different characters are they are unique. He talked also about the control game mode. That if one is captured it more moves up.
Also liked they took the mount for Paladin you get you abit quicker back in the game.

Smutpeddler

Jan 11, 2018
I'm normally not into pvp brawler type games, but this one just oozes personality and quality. In day one on GamePass

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, theorizing about the two mystery characters:

There are 4 Assassins, 2 ranged and 2 melee. There are 3 heavies, all melee. There are 3 support characters, 2 ranged and one melee.

I predict another melee support and one more heavy, leaving us with 4 assassins, 4 supports, and 4 heavies.

But will/should the heavy be ranged? The heavy class is the only one without a ranged option, but that seems like a good design decision. Maybe one more melee heavy?

Looking at the sillhouettes, I would say robot person is the 4th tank and spike girl (?) is the 4th support, probably melee.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I was not expecting good vs evil in a multiplayer game with those character designs :^P
It wont. Bleeding Edge is the group name. Founded by Daemon (the ninja kind of character)
All of them are quite obsessed with body modifications and use this as some fighting circuit.

Daemon his bio.

Life packs punches. And native New Yorker Damon John Banks took a lot of hits.

Raised alone by a loving and artistic mom, Damon's childhood would abandon him, when his mother died from corporate complications.

Under the new name Daemon, graffiti would be his guide, while the system would relentlessly oppose him. But the fight would give him purpose. He would become a gifted coder, a master of martial arts, and would seek redemption against a system and corporate society that failed him.

He would form a gang of digital misfits called the Bleeding Edge, and unleash the biggest corporate data breach in history. He had his taste of revenge, and now seeks redemption, as he builds an army of the augmented amidst the underworld fighting circuits.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
I dig the character designs and overall aesthetic. This game gives me Overwatch and Sunset Overdrive vibes. I'm not sitting here expecting the next big esport, but it looks like a fun multiplayer game. What impresses me most is just how small the team working on this game is, like 15 people? I think Ninja Theory is something like 100-200 people large. Even the Hellblade team was about 20 people as well if I recall correctly. I can't imagine just how many cool projects they have in the works over there.