• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Blizzard? The team that cant come up with a second face for their female characters?

You are telling me that Ana looks like Widow looks like Tracer looks like Brig looks like D.va looks like moira?

Sure Ash looked like Widow, other than that they all look totally different, and they stated that they start design with one particular face structure and work on them from there.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Thats good to hear. Yeah its gets intresting when there is gonna be synergy. Also how does that hoverboard work? Did all characters who walk have it?

Sorry, just saw this. Yes, every character has a faster-walk mode, enabled by holding down right on the d-pad for roughly one full second. You start each match in this mode so that you can more quickly zip towards any of the map's live control points. (It's a control-point game for now, unsure if other modes will eventually launch, with different zones "live" at any given time.)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gifs incoming. Ripped from the stream so not the best quality. But awell

SimilarObviousLeopardseal-size_restricted.gif

DevotedSoulfulLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

BelatedThirdFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

ThoroughDamagedAmethystsunbird-size_restricted.gif

OddFrigidCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

PastelPaltryBluebottlejellyfish-size_restricted.gif

May 18, 2018
This seems like the kind of game that you need to play in a home setting and playing it at e3 would be the absolute worst, I'd imagine impressions will be bleh.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, the only character I want to play as so far is the samurai dude. I was imagining this game like DmC online but it looks slower and weirder with all the gun stuff and the slow ass big wheel lady. I'll still participate in the alpha if they choose me though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The mod talk was intresting. You earn mods to make the character more your own. The samurai has a default well balanced starting mods then you can unlock mods to focus more on stealth if you want etc.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks good, but seriously this gameplay and Gears 5 gameplay highlights the major issue I had with MS's press conference, hardly any gameplay for their games. This would have been sweet to we during the show.

Ryosha

Nov 16, 2017
Don't know why, but feels like "mature" Splatoon for Xbox...
I love splatoon, so will try this one too.

Oct 26, 2017
The mod talk was intresting. You earn mods to make the character more your own. The samurai has a default well balanced starting mods then you can unlock mods to focus more on stealth if you want etc.

Ah, so there are ways to specialize your character? This is sounding more and more like Gigantic as time goes on.

Now I'm really hoping I get into the Alpha. I need to feel this game firsthand.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some info posted by darthpaxton

"
Talked to a couple of the Bleeding Edge devs at Fanfest and got some details you guys might like.

-They only had 10-20 people on the project for most of development. That number jumped to 30 as they got closer to launching the Alpha. He said they have a ton of other projects in the works.

-Launching with ten characters across three classes. He was pretty cagey on support, but said they were open to adding characters and maps after launch, but for now they're focused on balancing and getting the ten characters perfect.

-No word on release date other than they're going to focus on the alpha and how feedback goes will dictate full release. I compared it to the early alpha stuff with Sea of Thieves and he said exactly.

-They wouldn't comment on cosmetics, but they gave us a "fast pass" alpha access and the card mentions the code includes an exclusive hoverboard. Every character has a hoverboard, but they vary a bit from character to character based on design. I'm not sure how the board cosmetics will work, but I think it's safe to assume there'll be cosmetics.

-The game is not based on Project Razer, but is instead based on prototyping they did after doing DmC, imaging what a multiplayer version of that game might be.

-Like DMC, you can knock enemies into the air and attack them in air as part of combos, but they toned it down a ton, because during development, it was really frustrating when you were getting battered in the air for thirty seconds.

-There's a ton of combos in the game and each character has two choices of ultimates, committing to one at the beginning of the match.

- I asked what games on the market they thought would be competitors. They said Overwatch, obviously. They also said they weirdly thought it might attract MOBA fans. It's got a ton more action, obviously, but the way the abilities regenerate and the emphasis on tactics (I'll touch more on this later.) might sway people who are getting a bit tired with traditional MOBAs.

I got to play a tutorial of the game and extended demo and it greatly exceeded my expectations. I thought it was a really nice mix of precision and arcade while looking really nice and committing to the style.

It is very heavy on strategy. The maps are designed with lanes like a MOBA and the abilities regenerate on a timer. The characters are pretty different. I played the same character the whole time to really do a bit of a deep dive. For example, most characters dodge with RT, but my character changed stances with RT. He had two stances, one focused on speed that made him faster and one focused on healing that regenerated health faster. One of my abilities was also dependent on which stance I was in. We got wiped at one point and the developer on our team basically told us to wait for everyone to respawn, because it would be impossible to go 1 vs. 4. It's absolutely a team game. "

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer only game has to be really special to stand a chance, I'm not seeing it here.
Not sure arena melee is a genre that has any good chance of succeeding no matter the quality of execution.
How well is For Honor doing btw, I expect not to well compared to other multiplayer genres out there.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the Miko game play. =(

Game is looking like a lot of fun and I ca'nt wait for the technical test later.

Oct 26, 2017
-Launching with ten characters across three classes. He was pretty cagey on support, but said they were open to adding characters and maps after launch, but for now they're focused on balancing and getting the ten characters perfect.

While I really want to play this game, I feel that just ten characters is an unfortunately small roster to have at launch. Gigantic had 15 characters through their long beta period, and even launched with 16 characters. Even Anarchy Reigns had 16 at launch(or 18 if you count Gargoyle and Bayonetta), and that was a Platinum game.

I will say that it's admirable that they want to keep the roster small at first, so that they can balance the roster out. That's more than what Anarchy Reigns did with balance.

The wording of that could mean that the alpha is launching with 10 characters, but still; I strongly feel this game needs 14-16 characters at launch, and pad more out as you go. At least there are two more coming, via the website's character select.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Really can't wait to try this out, I love team based arena games and so does my group.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome. I can't see how the art style isn't loved.

A really cool mix of Sunset Overdrive and OW.

Sosukae

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that they are able to work on something like this and that it will be on game pass. Really looking forward to this. Gameplay looks fun and Xbox need their own brawler type.