• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
[edit]

Bad news : delayed to early 2019

Good news : coming to Switch and PS4

[/edit]

By Joymasher, the creators of Oniken and Odallus

Announcement trailer, but if you follow the devs on twitter is not like they were secretive about it =P

More development stuff by follwing the hashtag
https://twitter.com/hashtag/blazingchrome?src=hash

y3zryFL.jpg

Explode me into nuclear fire if old

Last edited:

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Onion and Odallus are super faithful reimaginings of 8-bit video games. I have high hopes for them too pull of run-and-gun and 16-bit era graphics.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this. Looks great, even though some of it is ripped right out of Contra III.

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! Odallus was one of the best games this gen - and this looks just as good. Day zero for sure.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Hm, doesn't seem to have the slope firing that Super C had (shooting diagonally on a slope made you shoot at the slope's angle instead of the regular diagonals), that seems like it's a real PITA in the current This Is The Run on Giant Bomb (Contra Hard Corps).

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
It looks interesting for sure, but
y3zryFL.jpg

1)the 5xbr... yeah no
2)this goes directly in those threads were we list sprites that look like something else, i thought it was a sort humanoid bird(especially the 5xbr version), the black pixel being the eye and the silver thing being the beak.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
JoyMasher are truly amazing brazilian developers, really liked everything they have done so far so I'm super hyped for this!

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Looks like it's coming along very nicely, as expected by these devs :o)

Funny they include that 5xBR thing, I wish that filtering had never been a thing in emulators, it's become so ingrained for some people, lol.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sign me the hell up for this, been wanting to play something like Contra for some time now.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
y3zryFL.jpg

1)the 5xbr... yeah no
2)this goes directly in those threads were we list sprites that look like something else, i thought it was a sort humanoid bird(especially the 5xbr version), the black pixel being the eye and the silver thing being the beak.

I mean why would you do that to your own artists :(

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
There was a time when I was younger and discovering emulation that I thought something like the 5XBR option looked cool.

Luckily, age has given me wisdom.

OP
OP
Platy

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Asked one of the devs if the partnership with The Arcade Crew means there was a chance of this game releasing on consoles and he answered me this:

Knowing him on twitter it either means that there is a chance or that he is drunk =P

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Odallus was awesome. Didn't like Oniken but Blazing Chrome doesn't look like my cup of tea. Not really into arcade-type games these days.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
From sprites to animations to sound effects and abilities to monsters and level design everything they closely copied Konami's Contra very well

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I love indies and retro looking games but I prefer when they apply more modern game design. This is too old school for me but they really captured the Contra look.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
y3zryFL.jpg

1)the 5xbr... yeah no

But these are optional.. so what is the harm?

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Wow that looks nice. It's great that they offer all those filters, even that 5CBR one. Either as a jab, or as a legit option to people that LIKE that look, it's good to have the bases covered.

The little partner robot reminds me of Shatterhand:

gfs_39766_2_8.jpg

It's surprising how many modern (S)NES style games seem to be inspired by it, lol.

I'm really starting to love the games that DON'T use all the obnoxious pixel lighting tricks and unfitting particles more and more, lately. Their proliferation is leading to sprite games with less consistent styles across characters, backgrounds, and effects. This here has a FEW things that are a bit more advanced than on older consoles, going by eye, but overall, it looks fantastic.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
just saw the trailer for this. indie developers are really crushing it with 16 bit development now. ODALLUS was so good, and i am very much looking forward to this homage. i do hope they shake it up with the setting/color palette a bit, and that they don't do any overhead sequences, unless those are radically revamped.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this game for quite a while, my best friend is making the OST for it and I'm super pumped.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Can I even imagine a more hype thread title than this one? Hot damn. This is exciting.

I adore the Game Boy filter. GBC is more my thing, but I'll take it!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa waitaminute...that looks like the robots from Shatterhand! Sold.

Oct 27, 2017
These developers are one of the only indie developers that makes retro games actually look and feel like the system they are trying to emulate.

They are so good.