• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
4gamer interview, Via Siliconera:
4Gamer: You said in a previous interview that you'd like to do a collaboration with a Nitroplus title.

Toshimichi Mori, Producer: "… I still want to do one. If we could make it with no restrictions, I'd like to have characters from Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa."
271707.jpg

You also mentioned Muv-Luv in the interview

Toshimichi Mori: "I really want a collaboration. It's an old title so I thought it would be difficult, but I heard its anime adaptation got announced the other day [laughs]."

If you could choose right now to add anyone based on your own interests, which character from what title would you pick?

Toshimichi Mori: "That would be Miyamoto Musashi from Fate/Grand Order. Easy choice. She's why I started Fate/Grand Order, but I fell in love the moment I saw the visuals."
MusashiStage01.png

Full interview in Japanese here.
Some bits through google translate:
- A lot of the staff wanted Blitztank
- they thought that wouldn't be fun if Blitztank was weak
- Senran Kagura is in because Takaki (the game producer, now working at Cygames) is a friend
- They weren't sure whether to use Asuka or Yumi, but Yumi was decided after talking with Marvelous
- Neopolitan was requested by Rooster Teeth. Not a well-known character in Japan
- Other characters chosen because there weren't many villains and boss-like characters
- Ishikawa thinks a new collaboration has more chances than a new character from those new franchises they've just added (not sure if the translation is correct there)
- "The avatar is cute and the story is also interesting, so the fighting game part is secondary, I think that it is okay with a stance that you can move your favorite character and feel fun, and if you get interested you will play in battle ."

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that Neo was an RT request. Would have figured Cinder or someone from JNPR.

Or Penny given she's relevant again.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Why not make an entirely seperate Fate Fighting Game, would be extremely popular. You could go 2D Sprites of 3D Models

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many characters do they plan on having altogether before we get BBCTB2!?
I think they consider 2.0 basically that as it's the first new character DLC (at a price of $25) since the game's launch that you need to pay for if you picked up the original season pass.

OG Morrigan sprite would be absolutely perfect.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure what a 16-18 Fate Fighting Game Charctet Roster that covers all versions and includes some fan-favourites would look like so, i decided to make a rough potential roster. You are free to add your own ones as well as remove some charcters :D
sdaw.png

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Not sure what a 16-18 Fate Fighting Game Charctet Roster that covers all versions and includes some fan-favourites would look like so, i decided to make a rough potential roster. You are free to add your own ones as well as remove some charcters :D
sdaw.png
Needs some Musashi and Ishtar, potentially Nitocris, and you've got something going for a Fate: Fighting Order.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mori is a man of culture so this is no surprise, especially with Musashi.

Add Scathach too if you get a chance.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Needs some Musashi and Ishtar, potentially Nitocris, and you've got something going for a Fate: Fighting Order.
In my opinion these are the charcters that would definetly be included in an ASW Fate game

Definites:
Saber
Shirou
Rin
Gilgamesh
Cu Cuchulainn
Scathach
BB
Mordred
Saber Nero
Jeanne D' Arc

Though it's likely i forgot some charcters that definetly would be added

I included Elizabeth,Alexander and Tammo because they are highly liked within the Fate Series and i think Kitsurya and Kirei would be included as well

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
In my opinion these are the charcters that would definetly be included in an ASW Fate game

Definites:
Saber
Shirou
Rin
Gilgamesh
Cu Cuchulainn
Scathach
BB
Mordred
Saber Nero
Jeanne D' Arc

Though it's likely i forgot some charcters that definetly would be added

I included Elizabeth,Alexander and Tammo because they are highly liked within the Fate Series and i think Kitsurya and Kirei would be included as well
Going by this being an FGO and not just Fate in general, there's no way Musashi and Ishtar would be left out. You could probably also say MHX, but how many Sabers do we really need until we're just repeating DBFZ's Goku-fest, in the end?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Going by this being an FGO and not just Fate in general, there's no way Musashi and Ishtar would be left out. You could probably also say MHX, but how many Sabers do we really need until we're just repeating DBFZ's Goku-fest, in the end?
True, Which is why i went with Saber Nero as the other Saber face rep since she would likely play different from Saber. Mordred to me is not a Saber Face Charcter.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
The game being filled with Saberfaces and with MHX as a fighter would be hilarously on point

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The game being filled with Saberfaces and with MHX as a fighter would be hilarously on point
I feel there is enough distinctive about Nero that she could make her own fighter and still be very unquie from Saber. But i don't want too many charcters looking the same so no Saber Alter. MHX has a differrent fighting style to Saber/Nero so she could be in. Also Alters at alts and not seperate charcters please

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
Has any franchise ever done a collab with FGO? I'm not talking about F/Z or F/SN.
Considering its popularity, there should have been plenty by now but nothing comes to mind.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Guys you're forgetting the bigger picture

If they get FGO then there exist a possible reality where we can have GBF vs FGO O_O

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Has any franchise ever done a collab with FGO? I'm not talking about F/Z or F/SN.
Considering its popularity, there should have been plenty by now but nothing comes to mind.
No, Nasu has stated he doesn't want any collaboration with other series, despite wanting the Hunter from Bloodborne in FGO, as he doesn't want them to intrude with the main story happening right now.

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
No, Nasu has stated he doesn't want any collaboration with other series, despite wanting the Hunter from Bloodborne in FGO, as he doesn't want them to intrude with the main story happening right now.
If that's his excuse, then he should at least allow FGO characters to appear in other series. But I guess that's not happening any soon.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
" They weren't sure whether to use Asuka or Yumi, but Yumi was decided after talking with Marvelous "
More like they felt it had to be Yumi because she has to be picked whenever possible.
At least she's fun to play.