• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They've just confirmed it:

This game looks so goddamn good. Between this and Death's Gambit, the 2D souls-like genre is taking off.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Seems like the direct had a typo lol. Will wait for impressions. I suck at souls-like games but somehow this got my interest haha

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Please be good, it's one of my most anticipated game this year.
And september is packed for me, god damnit.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really interesting but that month is too packed on Switch for me - hopefully down the line i can give it a shot.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Backed this and hopefully the Switch performance will be good. They said it was their priority running up to the end of development getting it running well.

Oct 26, 2017
So many damn games I want all coming out at the same time, I could really have done with either this or The Surge 2 coming out a month early.
Ah well, it is what it is, glad they got it finished, looking forward to it.

Dec 6, 2017
US

We're hugely excited to announce the punishing and dark world of Blasphemous will be enveloping PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on September 10th 2019 for $24.99/ā‚¬24.99/Ā£19.99 and is currently available to Wishlist on Steam

Brace for a descent into a dangerous world where fast-paced, skilled combat combines with a deep and evocative narrative core. You will play as The Penitent One, a sole survivor of the massacre of the 'Silent Sorrow'. Exploring the nightmarish world of Cvstodia and unlocking the hellish secrets within, only you can free it from a twisted fate and reach the origin of your torment.

Explore a non-linear world: Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes and search for redemption.

Brutal combat: Release the power of the Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt, to slaughter your foes. Acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge those who stand in your path.

Executions: Unleash your wrath and relish in the gory dismemberment of your adversaries ā€“ all in beautifully rendered, pixel-perfect animations

Customise your build: Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers and Sword Hearts to give you new abilities and stat boosts to help you survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.

Intense Boss Battles: Hordes of gigantic, twisted creates stand between you and your goal. Learn their attack patterns, strike them down and more importantly, survive.

Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia: The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid but may ask you for something in return. Uncover their stories to gain rewards and delve into the deep lore of the land.

Source

Yes, please.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Coming over here to say how fucking hyped I am for this since my own thread was LTTP.

Game looks amazing, I REALLY hope they don't shit the bed like Death's Gambit.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the highlights of a super-packed showcase. Have been champing at the bit for this one since it was announced.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Patched Death's Gambit is actually pretty good I'd say. It's only going to get better with the DLC

I only played it around when it came out at my friend's place who kind of ranted to me that it sucked. I'd be willing to give it another shot on deep sale and patched etc. at a later time. What I played felt truly terrible to me unfortunately. Was really hyped for that game too.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yessss. Finally. I've been waiting so long for this. I was afraid it was going to turn into another Eitr situation. Very glad to see it coming so soon!

As others have said, I really hope the Switch version is up to snuff.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Quietly confident about this one. Having a nice level of varied level and monster design is gonna be the real test of course but they at least got the basic movement down and feeling lovely in all the betas I've taken part in.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I only played it around when it came out at my friend's place who kind of ranted to me that it sucked. I'd be willing to give it another shot on deep sale and patched etc. at a later time. What I played felt truly terrible to me unfortunately. Was really hyped for that game too.
Death's Gambit is good right now. I played it after it had been patched up several times. They've got a *huge* update in the works that'll make the game even better, and in addition to the stuff being added described in the link below, they're also adding in a parry system inspired by Sekiro:

Blasphemous looks really good. It looks like the game I wanted Dark Devotion (which is still good) to be.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Quietly confident about this one. Having a nice level of varied level and monster design is gonna be the real test of course but they at least got the basic movement down and feeling lovely in all the betas I've taken part in.

Oh I didn't realize there were betas etc.

Movement and combat felt good when you tried it out? Would love some impressions if you don't mind.

Death's Gambit is good right now. I played it after it had been patched up several times. They've got a *huge* update in the works that'll make the game even better, and in addition to the stuff being added described in the link below, they're also adding in a parry system inspired by Sekiro:

Blasphemous looks really good. It looks like the game I wanted Dark Devotion (which is still good) to be.

I'm trying not to be too down about the positive comments regarding Death's Gambit but man, that would have to be a serious 180 for me to consider that game good. It does sound like they put a lot of work into it post-release though so I'm sure it's greatly improved.

Last edited:

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll probably have to wait until release to know for sure

Everything about the game is created around that. Your character go to his own hell, and been that I believe the character had something to do with the church is trying to get absolved. Your powers are called miracles the sword name is chatolic etc.

Oh I didn't realize there were betas etc.

Movement and combat felt good when you tried it out? Would love some impressions if you don't mind.

The combat is really good, think hollow knight levels of tightness and responsiveness, or better. They created the world around the penitent so every movement and jump and dodge feel organic natural fluid, the character too feels super fluid and traversal feels good.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the game is created around that. Your character go to his own hell, and been that I believe the character had something to do with the church is trying to get absolved. Your powers are called miracles the sword name is chatolic etc.
Yea but that's not really what blasphemy is, I don't have any problem with what you described

Dec 6, 2017
US
The combat is really good, think hollow knight levels of tightness and responsiveness, or better. They created the world around the penitent so every movement and jump and dodge feel organic natural fluid, the character too feels super fluid and traversal feels good.

Excuse me???

giphy.gif

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Is this rogue and/or souls-like? If so, I'm going to have to pass :(

Also, all that blood and dismemberment made me really uncomfortable.