• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The Majora's Mask items are wild. Like this is neat...

phi-2021.08.1912820.jpg

But then!

phi-2021.08.1912852.jpg
Omg this is like the "The Last of Us" branded clothing.

Why ruin it with stupid name logos and these hideous anime wallpapers on the back?

Why why why why why!

I cannot think the though of ruining these nice looking pieces of clothing. For instance the front looks ok but the back kills it. This is what it portrays to me..."Hey so in case you didn't know....this is FROM A VIDEO GAME!"

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
God, I need to get a DBZ Hawaiian shirt one of these days.
I literally saw an adult wearing one of those in a restaurant a few weeks ago. It got a slight chuckle out of me.
Had to double check that I didn't accidentally time travel back to the early 2000s.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Some of those are pretty cool but I don't think I could pull any of them off. This just screams "I expected X and got Y" wish memes to me, especially with that model having legs for days and a perfect figure. She probably looks great in everything lol.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
This is SOOOO good omg CART CART CART

phi-2021.08.1912228.jpg

phi-2021.08.1912243.jpg

RUINED. 😭 ⛈️
I'm slightly exaggerating. But a giant elf woman printed on the back of my clothes is just.....eeeh.
I like my "geek chicness" to be kinda more subtle, I don't want people to ask why a praying cartoon elf is on my jacket, I just wanna wear it. lol
And I really love this collection...but some of it just a bit too much for my tastes (if you feel similarly then I reallyrecommend SuperGroupies; which is the same idea but features a lot more accessories and they're a lot more discreet with how the fashion references its source).

Like.... this too:
twilight_princess_bomber_jacket_1.jpg
Feels too much like
72-3309-hoodie-sweatshirt-model-front__83718.1498053499.jpg

Yeah. I hate the big prints/artwork slapped on fabric. A wavy skirt especially is gonna lose Link in the ruffles. :/

The normal patterned prints are fine enough... The lobster one is fun, and I like almost all the Majora-related stuff (great colours).

Yeah I hate this when I'm shopping clothes in general. See the front of a piece of clothing "Wow, I need this". Then I check the back and it's a large print or brand logo. Such a joy killer, haha

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I watch with increasing concern this growing trend of apparently neat pieces of clothing that then have huge, horrible pictures on the back.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful women can wear everything: the thread.

A gorgeous woman could wear a DBZ Hawaiian shirt and it would be a game changer.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I've always enjoyed game related clothing that is subtle, as such, some of that stuff is really nice and some of it is downright awful! lol

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Not gonna lie, those massive prints on the back got a laugh out of me irl. I'm a massive nerd but even I wouldn't wear those shirts and jackets.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
There was a thread a while back about gaming clothing and while I would never judge anyone for what they wear I was so baffled at people who were convinced shit like that DBZ shirt was actually trendy and fashionable. Wear what you want but don't delude yourself like. It's possible to have both fun and formal clothes without mixing up which is which.
It's in style right now. Anime and vintage graphic shirts is all the rage in streetwear. We laughed at that DBZ Hawaiian shirt, but now you put that on with some cargos and Jordan 1s and you're flexing on the Zoomers.

Jul 1, 2020
First time buying blackmilk for some of you in this thread? :p

gaudy printed designs on stretchy fabric is the brand
I'm glad someone said this. I wouldn't necessarily say that they are necessarily gaudy, just hard to wear.
The Majora's Mask items are wild. Like this is neat...

phi-2021.08.1912820.jpg

But then!

phi-2021.08.1912852.jpg
I get why people think this is cringe but if you like the front, layering something on top of it can tone out the 'business in the front, party in the back' vibes. I think the Wind Waker dress is probably the best one.

eoinmoners

Oct 1, 2018
It's in style right now. Anime and vintage graphic shirts is all the rage in streetwear. We laughed at that DBZ Hawaiian shirt, but now you put that on with some cargos and Jordan 1s and you're flexing on the Zoomers.

Maybe in the States but you wear that in Europe and you're not going far without a snarky comment. I live in Asia and there's definitely a push towards classic and Scandinavian fashion here too.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Never, ever put full graphic on anything, who the hell designed half of those.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
phi-2021.08.1911353.jpg

I really like this one for its delicate simplicity, the tone is very beautiful too.

The rest of the clothes are quite tacky, typical Gamer® attire.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I got all of those the exact moment it was released:

BlackMilk Clothing

BlackMilk Clothing

BlackMilk Clothing

BlackMilk Clothing

Imagine being in my position: a Black Milk fan, a big Zelda fan, and a girl who realized she was trans like two months ago and started to build a female wardrobe.
I can confirm you, this feels really great, and I'm glad I passed on the Switch OLED for the time being.

I could have spent much more on this collection actually, but tried to be quite reasonable.
Let's hope the - inevitable - custom charges won't be too high (the order itself is about 208€ in total)!

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned this to some of my friends but I quite like the ones that aren't so in your face...AKA the ones that aren't using key art from one game and plastering that on clothes XD

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I need those divine beast tights

also i kinda like the cargo pants

EDIT: also omg the Student Dressssssss

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Do they have the absolutely ridiculous writing around these like they do for their other collections?

I think the Mario one didn't and it was cowardly

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could get this stuff but the ones I want are sold out or so damn expensive ahhh. The pokemon collection has some fire stuff too FYI, those mimikyu shorts *drool*

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017
This is SOOOO good omg CART CART CART

phi-2021.08.1912228.jpg

phi-2021.08.1912243.jpg

RUINED. 😭 ⛈️
I'm slightly exaggerating. But a giant elf woman printed on the back of my clothes is just.....eeeh.
I like my "geek chicness" to be kinda more subtle, I don't want people to ask why a praying cartoon elf is on my jacket, I just wanna wear it. lol

I'm actually on board with the ruined judgement. They got something nice and subtle going with that, and then ... yeesh!