• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Desplat is writing the score? Neat.

Looks better than the first trailer and Taskmaster's bits were pretty good.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's Melina flipping Taskmaster.

"Is she Taskmaster?" Linking a gif of her fighting Taskmaster.

I can't.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good catch.

No need for the snippiness.

Eh, I guess, but it's irritating. Iron Maiden is a pretty important character to the Black Widow mythos, so it's irritating to me how eager people are to throw that away for a really pointless twist. I want to see Maiden -and- Taskmaster, they both deserve good screentime.

Sorry to be snippy, but theories like that set me off, especially when they marginalize female characters.

Oct 25, 2017
He looks about 2-3 inches shorter, which matches up with my Fagbenle theory, since he's 6' and Harbour is 6'3".

I dunno why people keep saying it's Weisz. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I don't think they'll combine Iron Maiden, who she's already known to be, with Taskmaster, and we haven't seen O-T even ONCE yet in any trailer or poster. He's Taskmaster.
While it would be a waste they might just use him for red herring if they decide to do some taskmaster identity sleuthing. Other than that, of course they would be real willing to mix villains. Iron Man 3 effectively did just that.

Dec 12, 2017
TWS is damn near unlistenable and Civil War is the most genericly average score in existence. Jackman can be great with the right material, but his MCU work leaves a lot to be desired.
I patently disagree that it is "damn near unlistenable". Leumerian Star, The Winter Solider and the excellent Captain America are tracks I am still in love with.

And Taking A Stand...holy fuck.

But we all have our tastes so I won't disparage you over it. 🙂

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While it would be a waste they might just use him for red herring if they decide to do some taskmaster identity sleuthing. Other than that, of course they would be real willing to mix villains. Iron Man 3 effectively did just that.

You're not wrong, but I think him being Fagbenle makes perfect sense. He's the only character to be totally MIA in the marketing so far. Not on the posters, not in the trailers, not a single look at him yet. Plus, his bio basically reeks of Tasky's "Tony Masters" identity.

Also, they might BE mixing character. Mason is likely a reference to Rick Mason, so they may be combining Rick Mason and Taskmaster.

Dec 12, 2017
Eh, I guess, but it's irritating. Iron Maiden is a pretty important character to the Black Widow mythos, so it's irritating to me how eager people are to throw that away for a really pointless twist. I want to see Maiden -and- Taskmaster, they both deserve good screentime.

Sorry to be snippy, but theories like that set me off, especially when they marginalize female characters.
It wouldn't be the first time they did something like that.

Mask Of The Phantasm

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than Morbius at least?

tenor.gif

Both look pretty awful to me. I still legit cannot see what in this is reminding people of Winter Soldier.

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong, but I think him being Fagbenle makes perfect sense. He's the only character to be totally MIA in the marketing so far. Not on the posters, not in the trailers, not a single look at him yet. Plus, his bio basically reeks of Tasky's "Tony Masters" identity.

Also, they might BE mixing character. Mason is likely a reference to Rick Mason, so they may be combining Rick Mason and Taskmaster.
You mentioned it earlier but if they actually have a thunderbolts movie on the slate then no matter who it ends up being Taskmaster is definitely surviving. Long-standing fan-favorite character like that with a somewhat malleable design and personality with that powerset is money.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"Who is that guy" does sound like a classic bait and switch when it's a woman but I do often overthink things.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Taskmaster is good at copying moves so he copies Weisz character moves when he fought her, making Natasha to suspect her or something.
There, clever twist of a no-twist.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mentioned it earlier but if they actually have a thunderbolts movie on the slate then no matter who it ends up being Taskmaster is definitely surviving. Long-standing fan-favorite character like that with a somewhat malleable design and personality with that powerset is money.

This is another reason I think Fagbenle's a solid pick, actually. If they do want someone to play Taskmaster for the next Phase 4/5 stuff, Fagbenle hits a lot of desirable marks:

-Not too well-known, so he isn't expensive
-Relatively young compared to many MCU actors
-Not likely to have a lot of scheduling conflicts

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Looks good. The white widow suit is popping, and I'm getting some Winter Soldier vibes. I think people are underestimating this movie

Though I do wish Tasmaster looked a little closer to his comic counterpart

Oct 25, 2017
This is another reason I think Fagbenle's a solid pick, actually. If they do want someone to play Taskmaster for the next Phase 4/5 stuff, Fagbenle hits a lot of desirable marks:

-Not too well-known, so he isn't expensive
-Relatively young compared to many MCU actors
-Not likely to have a lot of scheduling conflicts
That's kind of what I was thinking if you're planning on bringing a character back he would be the most obvious choice for someone you can lock in

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Why can't they just cast some people with russian accents for these roles?
Yeah 90% of the time I prefer actors to use their own accent or something close to it. Even if it doesn't make sense for their character. A bad put on accent is way more off-putting than an accent that isn't consistent with the character's nationality. But best would be Russian actors for Russian characters etc.

The 10% is actors who can deliver accents naturally.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buttzerker am I the only one that would have LOVED a Black Ops series or movie with Ghost, Killmonger, Bucky and Taskmaster?

Man, that'd be cool. I'm crossing my fingers for a Thunderbolts team including Ghost and Tasky, though I don't expect the former.

If it happens, it'll probably be, like...Zemo, Taskmaster, maybe Batroc? Bullseye would be a fun pick if they felt like acknowledging the shows for once. I feel like I remember there being some characters coming in the Disney+ shows that are obvious shoo-ins for the team, but I'm blanking on who they were.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good but yeah, Tasky looks like a GI Joe Film Reject and man, this really should have been in P3.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take about 20% off of that there squirrley dan.
Oh look a Rami Spider-Man thread or a Joker

What did they say that was incorrect

that is indeed a Marvel movie
Depends on how it was meant and that is seen in every thread related to Marvel

Huh? Didn't mean anything by it lol.
If you really didn't then my bad but lots of people just like saying that as meaning the same instead of giving actual reasons for disliking something or even constructive criticism just saying it to shit on said brand product/film

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's fun to see some people get butthurt over the slightest criticism over their favorite franchise, but either way this still doesn't look like anything to be made after Endgame. I love Scarlett and she deserved this waaay back in phase 2. If this was a Disney + movie then I could see the logistics behind it, but for now that's exactly I'm gonna do, wait until it's on D+

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh look a Rami Spider-Man thread or a Joker

Depends on how it was meant and that is seen in every thread related to Marvel

If you really didn't then my bad but lots of people just like saying that as meaning the same instead of giving actual reasons for disliking something or even constructive criticism just saying it to shit on said brand product/film

I think you're looking a bit too deep into what amounts to be a puddle.

Marvel films have a very distinct look, formula, and style, I don't think he meant it as a dig at all, but you're matter-of-factly calling him out on nothing at all.

Hell, you dismissed my letterkenny reference/joke by invoking spider-man or joker? I don't even understand what connection you were trying to make there.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're looking a bit too deep into what amounts to be a puddle.

Marvel films have a very distinct look, formula, and style, I don't think he meant it as a dig at all, but you're matter-of-factly calling him out on nothing at all.

Hell, you dismissed my letterkenny reference/joke by invoking spider-man or joker? I don't even understand what connection you were trying to make there.

WAT! Dan always responds to the squirrelly comment by saying something like oh look the ground which is what I was going for like "oh look a different thread"except I realize now my dumbass phone didn't type out what I fully wanted. Wish it weren't so fucking awkward bud.

While you're absolutely right he could me nothing I've seen far far too many threads and posts blatantly shitting on Marvel and even other popular things with that same excuse "looks like Marvel", Looks like a Sony hero movie, etc.

Dec 12, 2017
Man, that'd be cool. I'm crossing my fingers for a Thunderbolts team including Ghost and Tasky, though I don't expect the former.

If it happens, it'll probably be, like...Zemo, Taskmaster, maybe Batroc? Bullseye would be a fun pick if they felt like acknowledging the shows for once. I feel like I remember there being some characters coming in the Disney+ shows that are obvious shoo-ins for the team, but I'm blanking on who they were.
Yeah, I always thought the dark years of Bucky/Ghost/Taskmaster under Hydra control plus Killmonger's massive kill count could have made for a really cool anti-hero story/movie.

Hell, throw Frank Castle in there for good measure and extra grey area.

Make it tonally like Predator.

We win.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
WAT! Dan always responds to the squirrelly comment by saying something like oh look the ground which is what I was going for like "oh look a different thread"except I realize now my dumbass phone didn't type out what I fully wanted. Wish it weren't so fucking awkward bud.

While you're absolutely right he could me nothing I've seen far far too many threads and posts blatantly shitting on Marvel and even other popular things with that same excuse "looks like Marvel", Looks like a Sony hero movie, etc.

All good, and that's what I appreciate's about you.