• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
This man shot 3 MCU movies back to back to back? With colon cancer?!

That's what makes this so shocking. I didn't even know he was sick.

This...this hit me really hard. Black Panther was really special to me, as a son of African immigrants used to seeing Hollywood treat the continent like a joke--or an basket case--and nothing else. He pulled off T'Challa with aplomb and had such a bright future ahead of him.

A heavy, heavy loss.

RIP.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Unbelievable so sad. My father in law has colon cancer and has been getting treatments too I've been praying every breaking second that he pulls through. This year is so rough for me and my wife who can't even visit family because I myself am at high risk...

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I almost through there was some other actor named Chadwick who worked on Black Panther, I was too stunned to believe it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that "wakanda sometimes" meme, makes so much sense now, he probably was really exhausted from fighting this fucking sickness.

RIP Chadwick, Wakanda Forever

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
I'm sad and shocked. His death has hit me as hard as Robin Williams.

So young, and such a tragedy.

Rest in Power. Wakanda forever.

Oct 29, 2017
Chadwick Boseman is an hero! History will shine as bright on his legacy as the beautiful scenery he devoured as he looked Cancer in its face and said fuck you. As sad as I am, I am grateful that he graced us with his presence and inspiration. I will never forget him. R.I.P king, enjoy your dance with our ancestors.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he was sick when he made all those Marvel movies, bringing to life a timeless hero for black kids to look up to, makes him a greater hero than the character he played.

I'm really broken up about this. He was only going to get bigger and bigger.

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
im a white rando with no college degree from the rural south so the amount of personal empathy for this will not be as intimate as a black person's but this still seems so cripplingly sad to me; my fiance is black and this is gonna fucking destroy her when she wakes up though

he seemed like a wonderful man that meant a lot to a lot of people and especially to black culture and im not normally effected by celebrity deaths but this is a real weight on me right now

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Also realized today was Jack Kirby's birthday. As if this could somehow be more tragic.

Fuck cancer

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk, is 2020 disproportionately awful to the last few years or are we just noticing it more because of COVID? Because it feels like it never ends.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
just heartbroken.

He leaves behind an amazing legacy, and has helped pushed the ya for forward for diversity

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not the kind of person to get star struck, or worship celebrities. But this one hurts.

Black Panther was such a powerful movie for me. It's not often I get to see my people portrayed with such strength, dignity, and power, and in a modern setting, not some Oscar bait period piece, and then to see how well the movie performed worldwide, and how many people fell in love with the Black Panther character in large part to his portrayal of T'Challa. Like I said in my earlier post, he's already put in some excellent performances, but for me, his Black Panther performance meant the most.

I'm heartbroken.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I don't want to reduce his life or work as just Black Panther but fuck his role as T'challa means so fuckin' much. Fuckin' icon shit. And he was doing all of these fighting the cancer? RIP KING.

FUCK CANCER. AND FUCK 2020.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing spirit to keep something like that private and still do all that he did.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Fuck I can't believe this shit. I spent my entire childhood reading comics and seeing Chadwick bring King T'Challa to life with such grace and power was like seeing him being lifted off the page onto the big screen.

I can't. Power to his family.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wtf, I can't believe this. absolutely devastating

Like everyone else apparently, had no idea he was sick (and apparently working through it all)