• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Looks cool but aside from the themes, it doesn't look all that exciting or new. I'm definitely not seeing the "next-gen" visual showcase that others seem to be.

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah, about that... The reason a Chinese studio can make gorgeous graphics like this, seemingly out of nowhere, is because western studios have been outsourcing about 50% of the graphics work to China. There probably is still catching up to do in terms of game design, controls, and so on, but the graphics should not be a problem.

Take a look at the credits of the next AAA game you play. You can see clusters of dozens of Chinese names. These represent outsourced work to Chinese studios.
Dang! Never knew this

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
They already have a lot work to show in the trailer so I'm not sure why people are being so sceptical. Could be a new studio of professionals who are making something original for the first time.

When it comes to Korean and Chinese games, my level of skepticism for their release is tripled.

NC's next-generation Lineage game has been 9 years in the making.

Like I said, it's very unfair to the devs, because I'm bucketing them as instead of treating them for what their output is.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
This looks great but there's a significant focus on big enemies and bosses. I'm hoping this has more "game" between each boss than the footage leads me to believe. If not, that's also totally fine. In that case it just wouldn't be my cup of tea.

souppboy

Oct 25, 2017
To me, this shows what PC first development looks like. Its been a while since I feel we've seen games thay are aggressively high end and so obviously built with a focus on pushing PC specs (this is not to say a console version is not likely or whatever. But personally i don't see the XSX OR PS5 version looking this good) definitely interested in this even if not for the tech power crysis vibe.

Feb 15, 2019
If this game ends up looking (both visually and from a gameplay perspective) half as good as it does in this trailer. This shit is gonna be wild. But I'm not really convinced that it will be. Unless it ends up being a really short game or like 6 years out.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, this actually looks super impressive. Especially impressed by the animations in general, top notch stuff.

Let's hope it releases this lifetime, and in the West too.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking crap! I really haven't been too impressed with anything that Sony or Microsoft have shown so far from their next generation showcases, but this...this is the first gameplay footage that truly looks next gen to me. I'm blown away! But we'll see if this game ever does materialize in the future and if it does, will the visuals look like this in the finished product?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To say that looked amazing would be an understatement. Will definitely be keeping my eye on this game.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
tenor.gif

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely keeping an eye on this.

When it comes to Korean and Chinese games, my level of skepticism for their release is tripled.

NC's next-generation Lineage game has been 9 years in the making.

Like I said, it's very unfair to the devs, because I'm bucketing them as instead of treating them for what their output is.

I'm also skeptical, I seriously doubt they can replicate the level of quality of this short demo throughout the entire game.

This really feels like it's too good to be true, though it'll be incredible if they can actually pull it off.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
some concept arts, gives me hard fromsoftware and god of war vibe
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4flsl2bj31cf0u0x33.jpg

006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fjonbnj31cf0u01kx.jpg

006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4flgccjj31hc0u0h7e.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4flwmljj31hc0u0h97.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fk8j1mj30u012pkjl.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fltkgaj31hc0u04mx.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fk44fjj31hc0u0hdt.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fkjnd0j31o00u01ky.jpg
006h-YGk-Fly1ghx4fkntnzj31o00u07wi.jpg
ebdba569ly1ghx47nl4zpj21o00u0x6s.jpg
ebdba569ly1ghx47kfb5pj21o00u0x6s.jpg
ebdba569ly1ghx47t8rd9j21hc0u0u10.jpg
ebdba569ly1ghx47qb0zsj21o00u04qt.jpg
ebdba569ly1ghx47dpkpxj21hc0u0qv8.jpg

I was thinking that Journey to the West would be a perfect setting and cast for a God of War game when playing the reboot. Will be perfectly happy to have this instead. The art direction is better than the numerous Wukong shows/movies coming out of China in recent years.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Drive-By Posting
Will this game allow me to play as a small yellow bear in a red shirt?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, nice object density. It does look like an early next gen game to me, and a nice looking one. However, given they say it is a way off, a lot of this may just be proof of concept. Hoping it is actually fairly representative gameplay, because it looks interesting.

Zojirushi: Yeah, that is because pretty much all PC games outside Star Citizens are current gen console ports. Saying this looks better than all of the next gen footage seems off base to me though. It holds up, but Horizon 2 for instance looks a good deal more impressive.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
This game screams with high dev talent, holy shit. That trailer was as impressive to me if not more so than what I've seen from TLOU2, Cyberpunk, RDR2, etc. Please be real and actually release.
Yes!!
but let's be honest, if it was a demo with this level of fidelity but with janky gameplay and camera work, we could even have some hope!!
but man!! This level Of fidelity with this impressive animations, physics, Effects and fluidity and transitioning this smooth??
i really don't think it's possible!!
a incredible talented dev like sucker punch, with impressive amount of time and money couldn't make a game Like ghost of Tsushima this smooth!!!
a ultra budget project like halo infinite with 5 years development can't reach a fraction of this tech on screen.
i don't know, maybe I am to skeptical in this industry but that demo doesnt seem to be possible to be achievable to a complete new developer team without to much experience and huge budget!

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
There are 2 Wu Kong and Guanyin apparently is a fox, heaven soldiers are in animal forms.
This maybe not a straight up adaptation, I expect some time travel fuckary.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, out of nowhere. This looks awesome but I'm kind of skeptical it'll look this good when/if it ever comes out.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

Looks absolutely stunning, loving the animation work! And is supposed to have 72 different transformations wtf? This is kinda ambitious for such a small team.
There is still work to do - improving some of the hit reactions, but with that said, it's possibly most impressive next-gen footage so far, at least for me.
I hope this doesn't end up being vaporware lol.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
It's always struck me as odd that China doesn't really have any studios producing AAA Console games that top the global charts. Their games industry seems to be based on (admittedly popular and profitable) phone games and PC games.

(Im probably about to get completely corrected on that latter sentence)

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Looks cool! The monkey king is such an enduring figure in Chinese mythology and culture. It's great to see him represented in a video game. Between games like this and the recently released Raji, I'm glad to see more Asian perspectives being represented in video game development.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Just to be the debbie downer in this thread-

It being a Chinese-developed game without any sort of huge publisher backing or studio track record of proven AAA output, I wouldn't put my money on this game materializing.

It's not fair to the devs, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Backed by ByteDance, yes THAT ByteDance which owns Tiktok.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Literally the only thing I could see is missing is hit reactions for bosses but other than that, holy shit. This looks way too impressive. There has to be a catch, right?

Dec 12, 2019
Looks very good, but the release date it probably far away. I think 2-3 years at least.

Take a look Granblue Relink and Project Awakening. CyGames showed first gameplay from Relink in 2017/2018 and still is nowhere close to release.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Impressed by the art style and overall presentation. Would like to see environmental attacks and more verticality, i.e. not fighting on a flat plain most of the time. As the Monkey King I'd expect to be jumping on poles and flipping off walls Prince of Persia style.