• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I cant stop thinking that the bear and the dogs were on the same logic. Like those Idogs went too far because the society created them as companion pets , the hurry to get the bear just seems like a hint about it. But you are probably right.
I think the dogs are based off of the modern-day Big Dog robots.
bigdog_climbrubble-100336035-orig.png

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
San junipero not as good as hyped up to be. The first half is a hallmark movie and the second half is kind of retreading on an earlier episode.

I mean it makes you think about shit we all think about, scary fucking shit.

If your option is eternity in heaven ... Well even heaven becomes a nightmare when you spend eternity there, but what if the other option is just nothingness.

Still didn't hit me like my top 3 or 4 episodes did.

The entire history of you hit me in a place that I always knew existed deep down but never talk about.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
My interpretation of it is that she only cared about herself. Her family is just one thing she doesn't want to lose, like her career and her reputation. She'd probably kill them, too, if she felt she needed to.

This.

She wasn't killing to protect her family, she was killing to protect herself and the life she built. I thought her motives were clear when she begged and pleaded for her ex boyfriend to not write a letter to the victim's family.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I cant stop thinking that the bear and the dogs were on the same logic. Like those Idogs went too far because the society created them as companion pets , the hurry to get the bear just seems like a hint about it. But you are probably right.
I saw the episode as a message of dehumanization with the dogs as an extreme case of robots as security.

The place with the bears was just an Amazon-style warehouse. She wanted a toy for a kid out of love, but the robots wouldn't have it because she wasn't the "owner" of the bears and was stealing them. Society fell, but the robots were still functioning on the basis of capitalism.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Black Mirror is I recommend the show to someone they watch episode 1 and it's about fucking a pig and they get turned off it. So now I just say watch San Junipero to start with and pick a random episode after that.

It made me think what episode would you recommend to newcomers to start with?

Entire History of You.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually payed this show any attention but thought I wanted to check it out hearing it's a sci-fi show and how the episodes aren't related. That seemed very interesting.

So I've now started up Season 1 and look and behold I'm starting up my Saturday watching the Prime Minister fuck a pig.

That sets the mood for the day.

Btw, that ending was actually hard punching when his wife gives him that stare as being disappointed in him and I suspect they aren't getting along well. That hurt.

Now I've started up Episode 2 and noticed Daniel Kaluuya? Holy shit, didn't expect an actor of this caliber to turn up on this show. I guess this was before he got all famous.

Oct 28, 2017
I've never actually payed this show any attention but thought I wanted to check it out hearing it's a sci-fi show and how the episodes aren't related. That seemed very interesting.

So I've now started up Season 1 and look and behold I'm starting up my Saturday watching the Prime Minister fuck a pig.

That sets the mood for the day.

Btw, that ending was actually hard punching when his wife gives him that stare as being disappointed in him and I suspect they aren't getting along well. That hurt.

Now I've started up Episode 2 and noticed Daniel Kaluuya? Holy shit, didn't expect an actor of this caliber to turn up on this show. I guess this was before he got all famous.

He will forever be TeaLeaf from Psychoville for me.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
  1. Hang The DJ
  2. Black Museum
  3. USS Callister
  4. Crocodile
  5. Arkangel
  6. Metalhead
Ranking of this season's episodes for me.
Overall i thought it was the worst season, less crazy debates to be had, still some interesting stuff on most of them.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch this season, It was fantastic. Binged them all in the past 12 hours. Overal I liked all the episodes and didn't think there was a single stinker. I'd rank them like this.

1. USS Calister
2. Hang the DJ
3. Arkangel
4. MetalHead
5. Black Museum
6. Crocodile

USS was really fun and had some great production values. It was 75 mins long but didn't even feel that length.

Hang the DJ was a bit slow at first but once I realized what was going on I really got into. The two leads had excellent chemistry as well.

I guess I'm weird because I really enjoyed this episode. Most of the complaints I've read seem to be about how this episode doesn't do enough with it's concept but I think it's perfectly fine that it took a limited grounded approach. This episode also elicited the strongest emotional reaction out of me this season, with how much It made me despise the mother.

Metalhead was just a pretty cool post apocalyptic film. Nothing special but I enjoyed it.

IDK this episode was kind of hokey to me. All the performances in this episode seemed a bit off. Overall I still enjoyed it but not nearly as much as most others.

Crocodile, I really liked this episode as well it's just that there was nothing that really stood out about it compared to the other ones.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm weird because I really enjoyed this episode. Most of the complaints I've read seem to be about how this episode doesn't do enough with it's concept but I think it's perfectly fine that it took a limited grounded approach. This episode also elicited the strongest emotional reaction out of me this season, with how much It made me despise the mother.
Interesting that you despised the mother. I found that I actually empathized with her, but I wonder if it's because I have a young child.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that you despised the mother. I found that I actually empathized with her, but I wonder if it's because I have a young child.

I am childless so maybe that's valid. It wasn't so much her reactions to things that bothered me, it was the massive breach of privacy and the unconsenting nature behind it that really rubbed me the wrong way. Hopefully you won't give your child an implant that lets you monitor their actions.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Hey all, sorry for the bump, but I figured this is the most appropriate place to ask: I'm starting a new unit with my 7th graders on dystopian fiction. Can you recommend any good episodes that are classroom-appropriate? If any exist? Many thanks.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"nosedive" season 3 is very memorable.

It also has quite a lot of swearing. Not sure I'd call that suitable 7th grade classroom material.

With that said I love that episode and I think it's a subject matter that is very relevant for kids that age as they start getting into social media. However, their parents might not agree.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, sorry for the bump, but I figured this is the most appropriate place to ask: I'm starting a new unit with my 7th graders on dystopian fiction. Can you recommend any good episodes that are classroom-appropriate? If any exist? Many thanks.
The Waldo Moment and then ask them if they see any parallels to modern society.