• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Wow. If this is really true, it means microsoft, netflix, and black mirror are hand in hand breaching people's privacy. That's just wow

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck you OP, you shouldn't need Era to do your job. How else are you supposed to find out if people who own a kinect still can verify this? Twitter?

/s

Maybe ask someone he knows with the equipment from his network of contacts or acquire a Kinect to try it out himself. Plenty of ways apart from blatantly asking Era for someone to verify a shitty tweet, which is not a good look.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ lol. How many are there and why do I feel like I've seen them all but can't remember anything? lol.

Five mainline movies and one spin-off movie. The last movie is almost insulting. I had liked the entire franchise to some extent before that, apart from the spin-off, and to have that be the end was unbelievable. It should be a lesson for Hollywood that if your idea for the ending of a beloved franchise is shit, just don't end it. Eventually, someone more creative could come along and do it right.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
"I hooked up this camera, turned it on, and then it took pictures of me. Huh! Must be illegal!"

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Afaik there's really nothing illegal about this (as some are claiming in this thread). As long as the photos are only used locally by your device there's nothing troubling about it at all. Sony's The Playroom VR similarly took photos that it then displayed on your console with naught but a three second timer alerting you the photo was being taken.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod change the title to reflect that this is clearly not true?

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix be crazy with this episode, but not "lets devote a ton of time to put ourselves in hot water for the 1% of users that have this ancient tech still hooked up lol" crazy

Oct 29, 2017
Black Mirror wouldn't be the first to do this trick; Wario Ware Snapped did the same thing.

There's no issue with it if it's only being stored locally. Would actually be a really cool use of the Kinect/Playstation camera/USB camera and very much in keeping with the show!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Yeah, no Kinect shenanigans. Thread wound up being a great ad though, lol.

I was initially disappointed at how non-reactive the branches were to the fact that you've seen them before, but I was intentionally obtuse on this second playthrough, and there are a few more fun beats to find. "Skip to the next bit." "What?" "Oh for fuck's sake, I'll skip it for you." Still, I think it fails to deliver on its main idea beyond being a neat "just for the sake of it" gimmick that happens to be new for this platform. It's like a song that fades out instead of finding an ending.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I dont understand this
Yes. Yes it is illegal if this is not written anywhere in the description of the product.

It's not in the terms because it doesn't happen.

The Kinect doesn't take pictures of you during the interactive movie.

Bandersnatch doesn't mention using the camera. This is because the camera is never used.

Status
Not open for further replies.