• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
ACLU saved this country when Trump tried to ban Muslims. I'll never stop donating to them. I hope they tear him a new asshole once again.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
Now this is a Trump legacy I can get behind. Imagine them winning this when he gets out and it's the last thing we ever hear from him politically. Under the heel of this movement? I'd be so fucking happy.

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for someone to do this. It was pretty cut and dry violation of 1st amendment rights. Trump's stupid photo-shoot sealed any plausible deniability it was defense-based.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As president, is he still on the hook for all expenses incurred? The protesters should get every dime they can get but it'd be even better if it hit Trump's personal finances.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Been donating to the ACLU monthly since the day after Trump got elected, always glad to see the good work they do.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If Barr and the other criminals (Stephen Miller, Kavanaugh, Kushner, Carson among others) who are being protected by him are not investigated heavily if Democrats win Senate and White House in November I will be disappointed.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Good, I hope they win.
Very unlikely to even go to trial.

The Nixon vs Fitzgerald Supreme Court ruling made it very hard to sue the President.

The President can be sued for criminal acts while in office but has absolute immunity to civil liabilities.

Violating civil rights can be a criminal act but to prove that Trump himself was responsible for it in a court of law will be near impossible.

But, at the very least, anything so that Trump can't sweep it under the rug or have his press secretary say it never happened is a good thing.