• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
This is nice, but has Bowser announced any kind of reforms with DC police? I'm also wondering, does she have any kind of unique limitations in what she can propose do to DC's connection to the federal government?

Every law passed in DC has to go through Congress.

MPD certainly aren't perfect though.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is nice, but has Bowser announced any kind of reforms with DC police? I'm also wondering, does she have any kind of unique limitations in what she can propose do to DC's connection to the federal government?

She does which is also why it's important to get DC statehood even though that wouldnt help with the remaining federal area

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Considering D.C. has such a large black community yet so many monuments were made by slaves this feels long overdue.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is something George Floyd might actually look down and be happy to see

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
oEcAYOU.gif

MorganFreakman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The equivalent of clapping for health and essential workers instead of giving them PPE and hazard pay. Symbolic and doesn't address any real problems

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I need an aerial shot without cars on the streets. Could be a fantastic painting

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would take 16th to work every day before Covid. I hope this is still there when I make my trip to the office next week because this amazing.ural

edit: I see this was done by Mayor Bowser. I thought this was done by protesters. The mural is nice, but actual systematic changes is defintily more important than gestures like this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

While policing jurisdiction in DC is really complex (given that there's the metro police, park police, federal land administered separately, etc.) the regulations for the police are wholly governed by city codes. Even if theoretically Congress can override all home rule whenever they want, the mayor is in charge.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Now do more. I won't criticize the gesture because it's a good one and important. It'd be cool to see how much leverage the mayor has to do anything to the DC police force to weaken them.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can the Mayor change the street address of the White House? I would love it if they rename it to Black Lives Matter Ave.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Man, that's pretty awesome. I wish Denver would do something like this. Also, is BLM Plaza a permanent name, or is it like when Google renamed Topeka, KS into Google, KS for a month?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even a gesture.

It's a ploy to make people think this is progress and is solely for liberals.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We can both defund police and paint the streets.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't we do both? Certainly keep pushing for real changes. Those are what will mater. But what I like about this beyond showing potential support, is it will piss off Trump and make him annoyed.