• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
You heard of that infamous American town where that KKK leader chills at?

Well, here's some viral content for you that "proves" it aint that bad.....

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The point really isn't to talk about the dude who made this video (I dont think this is the right space to have that convo anyways). Im not particularly bothered by a dumb Youtube video but its the comment section that bothers me. The "See? They're not that bad" and "Thanks for this important conversation" shit that pops up when a Black person or a POC in general "reaches across the isle" and shows that racists can be "civil". In a time like this where white people jerk off to the idea of having the right to get rid of POC its really disappointing that there's still some coddling and "civil debating" going on.

What's the point of this thread? Idk. It's just...when you think back to the white supremacist supermarket shooting that happened days ago, its awful to think that we're not doing enough shaming racism full-stop.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, I've seen that video in my suggestions but I've never clicked on it. It always felt off to me. Now I see why.

Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck is this coon?

And can we delete him from the Black Delegation?

I can't fucking stand other Black folk, who tap dance for their White faves, ugh

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh, wow...

It's about time we had a new "Black Guy makes friends with a racist" video.

This should have its own TV Tropes page, at this point.

Last edited:

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking lame as if half the people in that town wouldn't murder him in cold blood if they could get away with it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"I found common ground with the member of the KKK. He wants black people out of this country and I talked about it with him!"

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, I've seen that video in my suggestions but I've never clicked on it. It always felt off to me. Now I see why.
Who the fuck is this coon?

And can we delete him from the Black Delegation?

I can't fucking stand other Black folk, who tap dance for their White faves, ugh
Oh, wow...

It's about time we had a new "Black Guy makes friends with a racist" video.

This should have it's own TV Tropes page, at this point.
all i needed to see, im good on that video OP
no clicking today

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Jideon is a piece of shit.

Dude is one of those assholes who has a large following that's he's gained through doing really annoying shit that only his fanbase would think is funny.

old.reddit.com

JiDion at Uh? Prank

Posted in r/UniversityOfHouston by u/Pretty_Sir_8388 • 102 points and 34 comments

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
He elaborates some of his thoughts on the video, this him reacting to Hasan reacting to his video. I don't think he's trying to downplay racism, but that probably doesn't come through in what is mostly a video for entertainment.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am seeing comments pointing out that it's what they say when he's not around, plus... He has a camera.

Of course, I'm also seeing people cheering him on, so.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He elaborates some of his thoughts on the video, this him reacting to Hasan reacting to his video. I don't think he's trying to downplay racism, but that probably doesn't come through in what is mostly a video for entertainment.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch this video because really, I'm not watching hour+ videos willy nilly. Instead, I went straight to the comments. And I'll say this and leave it hanging...

I find identity as argument super amusing. Because anyone can use it for any purpose as long as they have that identity.

Hasan is evidently wrong because "as a black man," Jideon knows better. Even though Jideon's identity doesn't change that he doesn't seem to understand what racism is, and Hasan appears to understand it better in this particular case.

It mainly reiterates to me that identity as argument is very prevalent online and has always been insufficient. And eeeevvvverrryyyooonnneee loves to use it.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Lol man they would hang Clarence Thomas if he rolled through there without cameras

Dude can fuck off with that bulljive

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
Disclaimer: I didn't watch this video because really, I'm not watching hour+ videos willy nilly. Instead, I went straight to the comments. And I'll say this and leave it hanging...

I find identity as argument super amusing. Because anyone can use it for any purpose as long as they have that identity.

Hasan is evidently wrong because "as a black man," Jideon knows better. Even though Jideon's identity doesn't change that he doesn't seem to understand what racism is, and Hasan appears to understand it better in this particular case.

It mainly reiterates to me that identity as argument is very prevalent online and has always been insufficient. And eeeevvvverrryyyooonnneee loves to use it.
I mean, I appreciate that you said that you didn't watch the video, but I really don't think Jidion comes off as not understanding what racism is, especially when he goes into this like conservative racism versus white liberal racism. He comes off as having at least some awareness and experience of it, from multiple facets. He said he wasn't trying to bait some hate speech just by being black there.

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I dont recall if its the same place, but I remember there being a video with a few asian guys going to a "most racist place" video. I regret watching it, it was so stupid. And the comments were insane. I recall they went to a Chinese restaurant I believe it was and asked them if people in the city were racist. And of course the employees said theyd never seen any racism there. Because no shit a business there wouldnt want to piss off their customers.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I appreciate that you said that you didn't watch the video, but I really don't think Jidion comes off as not understanding what racism is, especially when he goes into this like conservative racism versus white liberal racism. He comes off as having at least some awareness and experience of it.

Yeah, I tried to make my post more about the comments than anything since I read those & less about Jideon's direct response to Hasan.

And don't get me wrong -- I don't think he doesn't have awareness or experience with racism. Just that his definition of it (as per the supportive and not so supportive comments + what I watched of the video in the OP) appears off.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I mean, I appreciate that you said that you didn't watch the video, but I really don't think Jidion comes off as not understanding what racism is, especially when he goes into this like conservative racism versus white liberal racism. He comes off as having at least some awareness and experience of it.

A part of me can understand perhaps the 'let me make some money off these racist white people' and see where the ball bounces. I don't think he's a Candace Owens type, but at the same time at best its 'Will I see racism, I dunno?" for clicks is disheartening.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I saw this in my recommendations and could just feel it was either gonna be coonery and buffoonery or trying to make something "humorous" out of the situation.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
give those "civil" racists actual power no strings attached, and they'd take away all of your rights in an instant with a proverbial boot on your neck.

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is the guy is Conservative/Libertarian, right? The KKK guy is less racist than Liberals because he's honest about his feelings and isn't trying to be a White Savior. To each their own, but I won't give him any clicks.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I dunno...

I also didn't watch the full video, but I did just watch a snippet of it, and it's not so much that Jideon is saying his identity gives him more knowledge of racism than Hasan than it is him being peeved that Hasan, a non-Black person, is trying to tell him how to feel and/or how to respond to racism. Things get a little murkier there, when one tries to substitute acquired knowledge for another's lived experience. I think Jideon is...ummm, well, he has a lot of growing to do. But he is Black, and he has a right to respond to and perceive anti-Black racism how he wants.

Also, in the bit I watched he went into a mini rant about how conservative racism don't look much different from liberal racism in the day-to-day and...I mean...

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
My guess is the guy is Conservative/Libertarian, right? The KKK guy is less racist than Liberals because he's honest about his feelings and isn't trying to be a White Savior. To each their own, but I won't give him any clicks.
Don't watch the video, then make an incredibly wild and off base accusation.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
There are a lot of people to whom "civil" means "not allowed to criticize or hold accountable."

A lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot lot of people.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
oh it's 'women only get twitch views because of horny lonely guys online' Jidion. That 'hey viewers go hateraid this woman who objected to my shitty sexism' guy. Right. I wonder why he attracts the comments section he gets.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It really isn't, and if you look at Jidion's reaction to Hasan, it really comes off as Hasan assuming some childlike naiveity of Jidion, and is incredibly condescending.

I mean, if you make a video and your conclusion is " oh there was no racism here, i met a KKK member but he was polite!, cool man, time to bridge the gap with the racists" then yeah, he deserves to be called out like Hasan did.

Jidion's understanding of racism, judging only by that video, seems childish at best. I'm surprised actually, because as he says in his response, he has experienced racism on his everyday life, so then why make this video with that awful thesis? Are the clicks worthy?

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, every race is gonna have motherfuckers like this and it's maddening the embarrassment and shame you feel watching them pandering to the hopelessly ignorant and misinformed.

Only reason I would make a video of that town would be if I were carpet-bombing Main St.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
my friend sent this to me a couple days ago. Jideon? Is like "weird how I have to look for the racism". Well yea? Obviously most people, even racists generally don't go out of their way to start confrontations with random people completely unprompted. That's what the BLM sign was in the preceding video, it's bait around something that shouldn't be controversial to expose them lol. I agree that generally you don't just see tons of racism amongst normal populations, even in a place like that. Which is what makes it insidious, because those people vote for, enact policies and the like in ways that are racist. Then pretend like racism isn't a big deal.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I mean, if you make a video and your conclusion is " oh there was no racism here, i met a KKK member but he was polite!, cool man, time to bridge the gap with the racists" then yeah, he deserves to be called out like Hasan did.

Jidion's understanding of racism, judging only by that video, seems childish at best. I'm surprised actually, because as he says in his response, he has experienced racism on his everyday life, so then why make this video with that awful thesis? Are the clicks worthy?
I don't think the conclusion was "the town isn't racist", he was trying to see if that town deserved the moniker of "the most racist town in America". Judging from his interactions with the locals, on and off video, and with other minorities in that town itself, maybe it isn't. It's a shame that it once housed a KKK member, but after his lease to his land expired he was effectively kicked out. You can have problems with the whole reaching out to racists thing, sure, but he wasn't there just to bait racists, he was trying get a first hand impression of the entire town.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I watched his reaction to Hasan, and I think I remember him saying something like that. That's why I was asking if he is Libertarian. I'm not going to click through all of his videos to find out.
He told the KKK guy he was an anarchist. I'm pretty sure being an anarchist means the opposite of giving racists a civil talk.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
oh it's 'women only get twitch views because of horny lonely guys online' Jidion. That 'hey viewers go hateraid this woman who objected to my shitty sexism' guy. Right. I wonder why he attracts the comments section he gets.
I was wondering where i heard his name before. This all makes sense now.