• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Did you also try other classes? Some of them start off a bit less fluid and powerful but every class I've used have been pretty fun in their own way. Wizards are very strong, great pick!
Not really just the Wizard since it's my play-style in every game with classes. What do you recommend? I'm feeling a bit lost while playing

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Not really just the Wizard since it's my play-style in every game with classes. What do you recommend? I'm feeling a bit lost while playing
My recommendation is to play what you like except Maehwa unless you really, really like her. Even then, consider Musa instead.
:(

All the classes are pretty fun and play a little differently. Witch and Wizard are massive nukers, they have great damage and large aoe making quite in almost all areas.

If you want a newbie guide maybe Biestmann can give you some advice. I think my knowledge is a bit dated at this point.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I feel so lost. All I'm doing is quests and nothing else

Help :(
It's a sandbox game, so it depends what you want to get out of the game.

If you want to level quickly and get all your powers, kill lots and lots of monsters fast as you can.

If you want the best gear, grind silver as fast as you can from Suasans then buy it from auction.

If you want to craft stuff and make things google the crafting and go do that.

If you want to ride a unicorn start working on horses.

It's like Minecraft in that way. The quests are literally a side note except the main quest line and give very little xp or silver. Everything else depends on what you want to do. It's mostly deciding what group of monsters you want to kill and dojng that for hours.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
If you join our Discord, I'll do my best to ease you in!
Thank you I appreciate it. Can I get an invite link please?
It's a sandbox game, so it depends what you want to get out of the game.

If you want to level quickly and get all your powers, kill lots and lots of monsters fast as you can.

If you want the best gear, grind silver as fast as you can from Suasans then buy it from auction.

If you want to craft stuff and make things google the crafting and go do that.

If you want to ride a unicorn start working on horses.

It's like Minecraft in that way. The quests are literally a side note except the main quest line and give very little xp or silver. Everything else depends on what you want to do. It's mostly deciding what group of monsters you want to kill and dojng that for hours.
I want to reach max level for now and btw I'm on Xbox so I assume it's vanilla BDO?

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you I appreciate it. Can I get an invite link please?

I want to reach max level for now and btw I'm on Xbox so I assume it's vanilla BDO?
It's the same tho in that aspect. Do the main quest line as you go (the black spirit stuff) but most importantly find the monsters closest to your level in each area, and kill large groups of them as fast as you can. You will level up incredibly fast and get your powers fastest that way.

Edit: try to fight monsters with white or green colored tags. If you can manage red do that. Greyed out tags means you out leveled them.

Questing is the slowest way to do anything

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
What are the differences between XBO version and PC anyway? Are they a bit behind?

I feel so lost. All I'm doing is quests and nothing else

Help :(

I think the best approach is to think about some goals you want to achieve. If all you want to do is level at the moment there are guides for that and it is incredibly easy to do. However the main story quests are worth slogging through once or twice if only because it gives you some enhancing materials and some other nice items such as the roaring chest armor. Sure, the armor is not going to last and doesn't upgrade through normal means but it is quite decent for beginners and allows you to invest in other armor slots first.

I recommend doing the black spirit quests for now and breaking away once you complete the quest for level 50 (there is a specific quest for it). Then you can look to moving on for more grinding or pursing some other activities such as exploration, cooking, fishing etc. Do note however that there is no real instant fast travel so if you setup a home for cooking in Velia but you're adventuring in Valencia (you don't know where this is but it is quite far) then it will take a while to get back to cooking. For this reason many players make secondary cooking characters who just chill in a specific city to do various tasks.

How far along in the quests are you? The first set of main quests are quite lengthy but the others are less drawn out but might be a little more challenging.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Started it through Xbox Game Pass, I just got to level 50. It has the best combat I have ever seen of a game of its kind. The multiple menus and subsystems have been overwhelming for a while, but I found the game to be extremely enjoyable, particularly in coop.

My Striker looks and fights exactly like a long-haired Ryu (from Street Fighter). I don´t intend to put premium currency into Black Desert but I do believe it can become one of my main games for some months.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Started it through Xbox Game Pass, I just got to level 50. It has the best combat I have ever seen of a game of its kind. The multiple menus and subsystems have been overwhelming for a while, but I found the game to be extremely enjoyable, particularly in coop.

My Striker looks and fights exactly like a long-haired Ryu (from Street Fighter). I don´t intend to put premium currency into Black Desert but I do believe it can become one of my main games for some months.

I don't know if XBO game has the same packs but I'm happy with the money I spent on value packs. The boost in weight, inventory slots, exps and free dye+character customisation changes are just easy fun. Making my character look awesome while fighting and trying out new costumes is part of my enjoyment of the game and access to node investment from map menu is much better than having to trek out to each node you want to link up. It can be a bit of a trap though, if you have workers bringing in heaps of resources (often which contains some junk items as well) your city storage will fill quickly. This also means once the value pack lapse and the space gets reduced your workers might not be able to work.

Striker and Mystic are probably top 3 for me in terms of leveling them and just stomping on mobs. Their speed and power feels incredible.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
What are the differences between XBO version and PC anyway? Are they a bit behind?

I think the best approach is to think about some goals you want to achieve. If all you want to do is level at the moment there are guides for that and it is incredibly easy to do. However the main story quests are worth slogging through once or twice if only because it gives you some enhancing materials and some other nice items such as the roaring chest armor. Sure, the armor is not going to last and doesn't upgrade through normal means but it is quite decent for beginners and allows you to invest in other armor slots first.

I recommend doing the black spirit quests for now and breaking away once you complete the quest for level 50 (there is a specific quest for it). Then you can look to moving on for more grinding or pursing some other activities such as exploration, cooking, fishing etc. Do note however that there is no real instant fast travel so if you setup a home for cooking in Velia but you're adventuring in Valencia (you don't know where this is but it is quite far) then it will take a while to get back to cooking. For this reason many players make secondary cooking characters who just chill in a specific city to do various tasks.

How far along in the quests are you? The first set of main quests are quite lengthy but the others are less drawn out but might be a little more challenging.
Yeah I'm focusing for now to reach max level but have yet to discover how to fish or make a ship..etc

Right now I'm at Trina Fort, just defeated the boss and now pursuing Belmorn

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm focusing for now to reach max level but have yet to discover how to fish or make a ship..etc

You should definitely finish the black spirit quests up untill the end of Valencia part 1. Part 1 of Valencia has rewards that any new player shouldn't be passing up.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017

Will do. Thank you
Any other tip?
Menu>Profile>Quest Settings. Check all of the boxes. This will let you see all of the quests in the game that might be invisible to you.

I wouldn't worry about hitting Max lvl. Players have been grinding since kr release on PC and no one has even hit lvl 65 yet(which isn't even the max lvl)

Xbox is taking a slightly different approach compared to how the PC version released their updates. Xbox just got absolute skills before awakenings with the Valencia update. I would focus on just hitting lvl 60 in order to unlock them all. You'll need a nice chunk of skill points for all of your absolute skills so you'll want to farm plenty of them. Soldiers graveyard is considered a good sp grind.

You can also look up the king of fighters side questline in mediah. It will give you a black abyssal mainhand weapon comparable to a duo mainhand.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Xbox is taking a slightly different approach compared to how the PC version released their updates. Xbox just got absolute skills before awakenings with the Valencia update. I would focus on just hitting lvl 60 in order to unlock them all. You'll need a nice chunk of skill points for all of your absolute skills so you'll want to farm plenty of them. Soldiers graveyard is considered a good sp grind.

You can also look up the king of fighters side questline in mediah. It will give you a black abyssal mainhand weapon comparable to a duo mainhand.
Yeah I'm on Xbox and I read that this is the vanilla BDO? I'm doing all BS quests now. Just reached 50

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Also I'm having too much weight on me and it isn't reducing. Stored my silver, sold plenty of stuff and still

Weight is often a problem. A wagon or horse goes a long way. What is weighing you down? Over time you can spend loyalty credits on weight expansion, highly worth it. On pc it costs 2500, 100 per day. You get 50 weight but limited to 4 per character.

Grunil armor is incredibly heavy. The ap is good but oof it was rough early on.

Getting a good belt will help too. If the Asula accessory set is available definite try to get that (and the rest of the set) as it is relatively easy and goes a long way. Otherwise some magic crystals could be some nice qol weight expansion.

Last edited:

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's really been vanilla at all. Xbox had the reworked start of the story and the brand new pc Central market since day 1 plus a ton of other qol changes. Now we have Tet/pen plus absolutes before awakenings. They've also given us striker,lahn and dk before valk,tamer,maewha and so on. Our node and siege wars are still preawakened so the few players that have made the grind to lvl 60 for their absolutes are just deleting people because of the damage scaling and certain classes not having key skills tied to their awakenings in order to deal with it.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
Awakenings on Xbox are coming out May 29th. I wonder if they'll throw us another class as well.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
In celebration of the Heidel Ball, all NA/EU Adventurers received a Wizard Gosphy pet today! 📷 Please claim the coupon on your Account page after logging on the website before Aug 31!

Steam Players: Esc > Info/Function tab > Redeem Button.

Website users: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/myinfo/#coupon (https://i.imgur.com/IwAMOOt.png)

Steam as mentioned click ESC -> Info/Function tab -> Redeem button.

Make sure you redeem it before August 31 since coupon seems to expire on the 1st of September.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
In celebration of the Heidel Ball, all NA/EU Adventurers received a Wizard Gosphy pet today! 📷 Please claim the coupon on your Account page after logging on the website before Aug 31!

Steam Players: Esc > Info/Function tab > Redeem Button.

Website users: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/myinfo/#coupon (https://i.imgur.com/IwAMOOt.png)

Steam as mentioned click ESC -> Info/Function tab -> Redeem button.

Make sure you redeem it before August 31 since coupon seems to expire on the 1st of September.

Checked it.
Wizard Gosphy
  • Talent: Skill EXP Boost & Better chance to gain Higher-grade Knowledge

I suppose this is good for new comers but it doesn't really entice me to come back. You would think given all the cool and cute pets giving us a coupon for a free pet of choice as celebration would be neat. But nah, just take this kinda cute wizard who frequently appears in packs and rewards any way. I already have more pets than I can field at once, some of them are pretty high tiers. Would have been neat to get some of the ones I actually want off the shop but Wizzy isn't it.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopping in this tomorrow--seems a little intimidating at first. I'll probably spend an hour in the character creator.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I think most things can be re-edited if you have a value pack active. I think only voice is not an option unless that was changed.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
repatching this after basically more than a year and i see a 32gb download....

well, this is a tomorrow thing

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the game for preregistering for BDO Mobile. Is there a PC ERA guild around, I'd love to get a hang of the game and group up.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I just got the game for preregistering for BDO Mobile. Is there a PC ERA guild around, I'd love to get a hang of the game and group up.

We aren't very active. Our members come and go as updates and interest changes. I myself haven't touched the game for quite some time but I think Biestmann is still playing. He still updates the discord and help with questions and quests I'm sure. Most of us still logging on can probably help, time zone permitting.

I am mildly interested in BDO mobile too but I have too much on my plate for now. I can only imagine the battery drain 😹

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Game is out, i mean, to download and create the account, actual gaming its in 38h.
Anyone still up for this?
Any feedbacks?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm still tied up by other mobile games at the moment. Mostly Epic7 with a side of KoF All Stars. I don't think I can fit BDOM in it. Does my account carry over? That would be something at least.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still tied up by other mobile games at the moment. Mostly Epic7 with a side of KoF All Stars. I don't think I can fit BDOM in it. Does my account carry over? That would be something at least.

No, your account doesn't carry over. It's virtually another game despite all of the similarities. In a sense, the game seems to offer more variety than even the desktop version, as it has both openworld and dungeons for example. Even the variety of bosses seems higher than on PC. Armor design is better across the board as well. I'd say it's worth trying at least, since it's a really good effort on their part.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfectly soloable. The vast majority of PvE content in BDO is designed for solo play. BDO is somewhat infamous for this, being an MMO.

You were not wrong. It is as you say perfectly soloable. Maybe it's a consequence of the Olvia server buff but its fairly boring at the moment. None of the enemies are really a challenge and you level so quickly that its hard to keep track of skills. The story is, well, barely there. The choice to have NPC's respond to your character as if you said something, and then not display what you said, is bizarre. It makes every interaction needlessly obtuse. Might try a few different classes and see if others are more engaging but spin to win with the Lahn or "I'm just pressing buttons" with the Mystic hasnt really grabbed me.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed the game is typical Kmmo fare. So while it is easy sailing and fairly tedious to get through main story, the difficulty spikes and it does become a different beast past level 54.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
You were not wrong. It is as you say perfectly soloable. Maybe it's a consequence of the Olvia server buff but its fairly boring at the moment. None of the enemies are really a challenge and you level so quickly that its hard to keep track of skills. The story is, well, barely there. The choice to have NPC's respond to your character as if you said something, and then not display what you said, is bizarre. It makes every interaction needlessly obtuse. Might try a few different classes and see if others are more engaging but spin to win with the Lahn or "I'm just pressing buttons" with the Mystic hasnt really grabbed me.
Make a few trial characters that are lvl 60 to mess around with at the dummies. You'll be able to mess around with your main hand and awakening skills. It should give you a good idea of what class might be for you.

Looks like the crossplay update for xbox and playstation is coming on March 4th. That's much sooner then I expected but i'm looking forward to the chaos. Playstation will finally be getting Kama and archer with this update as well. Xbox has been grinding Kama region for 6 months now I believe.

Last edited:

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Indeed the game is typical Kmmo fare. So while it is easy sailing and fairly tedious to get through main story, the difficulty spikes and it does become a different beast past level 54.
I'm actually glad top hear this been playing since the free release and about level 35 and wondering why they made this super cool combat system but everything dies in one or two hits.

I'm surprised this game isn't more popular, seem pretty polished and has high production values, feels like a Tolkien- esque phantsy star online in terms of combat which I like. just wish it was'nt....so easy. can I skip all this grind when I make an alt?

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually glad top hear this been playing since the free release and about level 35 and wondering why they made this super cool combat system but everything dies in one or two hits.

I'm surprised this game isn't more popular, seem pretty polished and has high production values, feels like a Tolkien- esque phantsy star online in terms of combat which I like. just wish it was'nt....so easy. can I skip all this grind when I make an alt?

I don't really see the similarity of the combat between PSO or even PSO2 and BDO, but they're all pretty good anyhow.

If you make a new character, you'll have to level from scratch, however, can have your new character use all armor and accessories of your first character. That means you will be considerably stronger from the get-go, and can skip a multitude of grinding spots altogether. Doing the story isn't required of you, so many players skip it on subsequent playthroughs. To give you an idea of how fast things can go, it's not unusual for people to reach level 56 within 4 hours of play if they grind efficiently. After that, the exp required to level increases dramatically, but they recently have introduced new methods of leveling through questing or afk grinding to alleviate the burden.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
the comparrison to phantasy star comes more from non tab targeting action combat that is over the top and controlling hordes of enermies. I'm glad I can skip the story on alts, while it's not back it's very padded a lot of "sauron is comign back maybe we should prepare for that" 2 cities later " we are still preparing for that"

I love the more sandboxy stuff but I'm still getting my feet wet in the exploration and unlocking mechanics and the only thing letting me down is the lack of challenge. it was harder to figure out the fishing and horse taming then fighting 20 mobs at once.

OP
OP
Biestmann

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Did they take the inventory upgrade from the story? Cause you get pretty limited amounts, doubly so if you don't have a value pack. It pretty much prohibits you from properly fishing, gathering etc. Even grinding is a bit of a chore.

I am not sure, but if memory serves me right, there are a couple more inventory expansion quests now outside of the story. But honestly, I don't think you need to increase inventory on every single character. It's best to fish on your main imo.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
is there a reset guild?

Start to reach the end game and figuring out the nodes, remarkably soloable this game. still haveing fun just exploring and figuring out its very abtuse crafting system.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Game on sale for PS4 and thinking about jumping into it.

If I don't care about PVE, will I still have a great time?