• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody can write stuff like this without proof

I mean hes correct that it installs a kernel based anti cheat but every AC at this point that is good uses a kernel based anti cheat because otherwise they're capable of being avoided by embedding a cheat deep in your OS where the AC literally cant check.

It's easy to uninstall it manually when you're done with the game too.

Griever

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I thought it was free forever when I claimed it :( I really need to read the fine print carefully!

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks OP! I was thinking about buying this awhile ago, I'm glad I didn't because I got it for free!

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Game apparently installs some annoying anti cheat software for anyone considering downloading it:

vAp8343.jpg
Shoot, I downloaded it but didnt do any setup/first boot yet. Can I safely just delete this?

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Downloaded and logged in. Soon time for bed now and the character creator is going to take a while... But have been interested to try this for a while so will check it out during the weekend.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have this on its own PC client. Can I just install the steam version and log in with my current account so i can keep it?

Edit: oh it looks like I cannot do that. I am forced to make a new steam version account. I just want to add this to my account on steam. I don't want to make a new account right now. sheez.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am trying this on geforce now, but all it does is load up screen with info about events in game. Am I missing the play button?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I have bdo for ps4 and it's a fun quest fetch time killer with an amazing character creator, best I've seen. There is a lot of stuff to do like tradeskills, pvp etc.

But no dungeons, so take that for what you will.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I am trying this on geforce now, but all it does is load up screen with info about events in game. Am I missing the play button?
it's been a while since I played, and I've never tried geforce now, but I believe you have to log in with your account before the play button appears.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Are you on mobile or are you on the windows 10 app?

On mobile, it cuts off the bottom of the loading page that's needed to press play. On the windows 10 app, under those messages there's a massive button saying play.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I would say this game is pretty fun for about 3-6 months. The end game is atrocious. I played it for about a year and a half and just couldn't take it any longer and quit. Did enjoy a lot of my time though, I'd say it's worth a short period of play if you don't take it seriously.

Also, you will eventually absolutely need the monthly subscription, when you reach that point it's a good time to quit.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
couldnt use my email as I played a trial a few years back. Looks like I have to contact support to delete my account before I can login on steam lol

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Its free to own as long as you install and play it for a bit.
It's really a sale that ends on March 2nd. Not just a free to play window until the 2nd
You guys don't need to play it at all. Just clicking "Install Game" on the Steam Store page is enough to tie it to your account permanently.
Read the first line of the result page after you click.
If you don't believe me, just go back to the store page and refresh and it'll say you now own it.

OP
OP
zulux21

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
You guys don't need to play it at all. Just clicking "Install Game" on the Steam Store page is enough to tie it to your account permanently.
Read the first line of the result page after you click.
If you don't believe me, just go back to the store page and refresh and it'll say you now own it.
their announcement says you have to log in to keep it. makes it sound that if you don't log in it will work like a free weekend instead and vanish at the end.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I played this game for ages. Almost every complaint I had heard about it is valid, but I still managed to have a lot of fun with just power leveling my characters and seeing what each class plays like. I never got far into PvP.

The latest barbarian class with axe/shield looks pretty cool. I almost want to give it a quick power grind.

The character creator is fun. The best part of about the value pack (subscription) for me, is not the exp bonus, carry weight or storage bonus but the free access to character editor and dye rental.

Some screens. Don't mind my character names.
Halloween... I think.
obvMLAa.png

bj1HGu3.jpg

qpXZCmy.jpg

rNkLPFp.jpg

pQZ0icg.jpg

Last edited:

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Game apparently installs some annoying anti cheat software for anyone considering downloading it:

vAp8343.jpg

The devs posted how to remove this when it first came up. You just delete a single file and a registry string after uninstalling the game.

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Black Desert :: Xigncode Developer Q&A

Greetings Adventurers, Last week we issued a response regarding your concerns with Xigncode. Within the article, we covered the basic functions of Xigncode and why it is a necessary component of our anti-cheat system, helping to ensure our service remains a fair playing field for all users. As...

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm using Geforce Now to skip downloading and installing. How exactly do I login to an existing account? Starting the game seems to force me to create a new account, but IIRC I've played the game before already and created an account with my email address. Even the account creation page says my email is already been taken.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Mad I have to install this to really claim it, but its free so how mad can I be?

...I'm probably gonna end up not getting it because I either forgot or was too lazy to install.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
If you are in SEA, currently there is a problem with the game

steamcommunity.com

[SEA] [Resolved] Black Desert Abnormal Steam Login Issue :: Black Desert (Retired) News&Notice

Greetings, Adventurers, We have currently resolved the issue where your connection to the game was abnormal when launching Black Desert for the very first time. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will work harder to provide a more stable service. For those affected by this issue where you...

And people are saying that the game is not free anymore

steamcommunity.com

I'm from SEA(Philippines) can't get BDO for free though. :: Black Desert (Retired) SEA

It says: There was a problem adding this product to your Steam account.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So did we ever come to a consensus on how to keep the game on our account? I redeemed it and loaded it up via Geforce Now just to launch it once (as that's that the requirements said on Steam), but haven't made an account or anything.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Is Steam version same as stand alone? By that I mean I downloaded the standalone long ago and created some characters but uninstalled the game. Does that account still exist in Steam version?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The best part of about the value pack (subscription) for me, is not the exp bonus, carry weight or storage bonus but the free access to character editor and dye rental.

Wait what?
I only want to download it for the character creator. Does that mean that you can only use the creator once or something?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Wait what?
I only want to download it for the character creator. Does that mean that you can only use the creator once or something?

You can create characters until you run out of character slots (buy more via cash shop tickets or during promo events with In game currency).
Once you're in the game world you can enter character editor but you either need to use a character edit ticket or have a value pack active to "apply" the changes. You can save changes to "save slots".

Value Packs are pretty common in the in game market but are also hotly contested. It is has been a while since I played but I think there were some changes to the market to make pre-ordering value packs possible. Maybe Biestmann can chime in.

The game also awards value packs sometimes. Log in bonuses, events etc.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what?
You can create characters until you run out of character slots (buy more via cash shop tickets or during promo events with In game currency).
Once you're in the game world you can enter character editor but you either need to use a character edit ticket or have a value pack active to "apply" the changes. You can save changes to "save slots".

Value Packs are pretty common in the in game market but are also hotly contested. It is has been a while since I played but I think there were some changes to the market to make pre-ordering value packs possible. Maybe Biestmann can chime in.

The player market was overhauled last year to make pre-ordering premium items possible. It will take a bit of patience, but you will receive a value pack using this method eventually. That aside, though, the game gives out enough 1 day or 7 day value packs to make use of throughout login rewards and events. From personal experience, I've rarely felt the urge to change my character without having been able to.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

Mmm yeah, I dont think im downloading it then, just wanted to use the character createor, but then seeing you need to install 34 gb and the anti cheat installation you need to get rid off after install, im out.
Thanks for the info though.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Mmm yeah, I dont think im downloading it then, just wanted to use the character createor, but then seeing you need to install 34 gb and the anti cheat installation you need to get rid off after install, im out.
Thanks for the info though.
You could always use Nvidia Geforce Now to play it.
No need to install it on your local machine, just install it on Nvidia's machine, lol.

You just need a decent internet connection.