• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
would this be the first ever creature collecting MMO?

since I knew what an MMO was I always wondered why Pokemon/GF never tried to do it. It would have been the next WoW.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how P2W it will be going by Black Desert.

since I knew what an MMO was I always wondered why Pokemon/GF never tried to do it. It would have been the next WoW.
Well Pokemon isn't a traditional MMO in a way but it's MMO. I don't know much about how people play, if they fight each other or team up but I'm guessing it's a MMO.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's something weirdly offputting about the human designs / animations.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Looks awesome as with all Korean games.

it's the gameplay that needs to be checked. I don't want it to be a typical grindy mmo.

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

There was a korean (I think?) F2P one I played at least 10 years ago that was actually pretty enjoyable, I can't remember the name at the moment though. Was a turn-based RPG with up to 3 players in a party.

EDIT: It was called Fairyland Online and I guess it's not exactly like Pokemon considering you fought the monsters yourself, with your pets as party members.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Really nice environment work ngl

I like the art style they're going for here, very appealing, though I can't say I'm a fan of those creature designs lol

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
mmo = awful monitization-based gameplay and also all the creatures look like dudes in costumes because they're using mo-cap and they all seem to be bipedal.
saying that, graphics look amazing and the designs themselves seem cute.

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
People saying TemTem was the first creature collection MMO have clearly never played MixMaster or any of the Digimon MMOs

Nurovek

Dec 26, 2018
France
In what we can guess from the trailer, combats seem to be more Spectrobes than Pokémon (which, if it's the case, is totally fine IMO, I miss Spectrobes)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seems cute from the trailer but I bounced off hard from BDO thanks to the microtransactions and incredibly bad localization. Doubt much will have changed here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Why people talk about uncanny valley or off putting chara? To me they look like generic child chara from cg childs movie number 2827475, nothing really strange about them...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The problem there are not the character designs, is the animation, you can clealry see this with the monsters than dont look lile humans but still are anaimted like a human in a suit. Or the animation there was completely motion captured with very little to not keyretouching, and thats why it makes everything uncanny valley and imo trash, or it was keyframed animation but the animators are modelling it off overacted human references (so like disney snow white just with terrible overacting).

Cartoon media and graphic styles die or live for thei animation. Not a good look if thats the same they are going to look in the game (and it says it ingame footage, so even if its nt going to be bombastic trailer animition, is very probably they used the same method of animation or same anmators in the game).

Grahic style lools nice, love the city. Too bad i dont give a fuck about mmo, try to do the same for a single player rpg to compete directly against gamefreak and then we can talk.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just stumbled upon this today and it looks like a stunning Pokemon type game that would be a good gift to someone without a Nintendo console. Hopefully the game itself has graphics close to this trailer and the gameplay fun.

Would be cool if you could also traverse the world on your skateboard or bike.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The monsters look a billion times better than TemTem's because they aren't actually copying directly the design and feel. That raid boss one look amazing with its amalgamation of construction parts.