• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
kfor.com

Caught on Camera: Delivery driver blocked into neighborhood by HOA president

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) — A viral video shows a furniture and home appliance delivery driver being held against his will in a neighborhood, blocked in by a HOA president who demanded information…

A viral video shows a delivery driver being held against his will in an Oklahoma City area neighborhood Monday, blocked in by a man who identified himself as the homeowners association president.

Travis Miller, a home appliance and furniture delivery driver, captured the encounter on Facebook Live while driving through the neighborhood of Ashford Hills.

"I want to know where you're going," says the resident whose car is blocking Miller's way.

"It's none of your business. I'm going out, that's where I'm going," Miller replies.

"Got me blocked in so I can't leave," Miller says to the camera, showing the man's white Subaru blocking the road out of the gated community.

"My name is David Stewart," the man blocking him says, adding that he is the homeowners association president.

"I don't care what your name is, move out the way," Miller says.

About thirty minutes in, another homeowner joins Stewart.

"All we want to know is why you're in here and who gave you the gate code. That's all we need to know," the man says.

Miller told sister station KFOR he did not want to share his customer's personal information.

While he waited for Stewart to move his car, Miller said Stewart told him he was calling the police. Officers never showed up, and, about an hour later, Stewart moved his car.

"They must have contacted the customer because the customer came around and (Stewart) moved out the way," Miller said.

Miller is seen on the video with tears streaming down his face calling the police himself.

"He said that he called the cops back and let them know that everything was clear but I didn't want to leave and have it seem like I was fleeing the scene or anything like that," Miller said to dispatch.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Fucking hell man, being a black person in the US sometimes sounds like hell on Earth, like you can't walk freely without having assholes judging your every step.
Edit: And he got emotional while calling the police in order to make sure they knew he wasn't feeling. FOR FUCK'S SAKE MAN! That's depressing as fuck that this shit happens.

NoneLikeAlex

Oct 27, 2017
*sigh* Jesus Christ.

If there's one common thing about being black, it's that I'm constantly reminded that I'm black by dumb bullshit out and about.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
good god, i bet theres so many calls being made to change the gate code now. a black person knows it!!!

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Every day I'm glad I wasn't born in America. Racists exist everywhere but at least I know that I can come home alive in Canada most of the time.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
The only rest they'll allow us to have is the eternal one, and even then, they'll use you as a prop.

I'm so glad he wasn't fucking killed.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck, they're going to citizens arrest some black dude in a Domino's uniform after he drops off some pizzas.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
him having to call the police himself, just to make sure he isn't arrested later for fleeing the scene

fuck man

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The more stuff like this that I read, the more it makes me want to buy a gun.

I hope those fuckers lose their jobs and get their names dragged through the mud for this shit.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
We tried calling Stewart. The only number we could find for him was disconnected.

We stopped by his house too, and no one came to the door.
News 4 also tried to reach Stewart on Facebook but he never got back to us.
as soon as this hit the news he went hard out, disconnecting his phone number

what a coward

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
FYI: This has been happening forever. Ppl only have portable cameras now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
These white people not able to even see a black person without trying to assert their bigoted dominance are some of the most pathetic creatures on the planet. I cannot imagine what it must be like to live with such a hateful mind and heart.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
HOA president called the driver boss demanding he take the Facebook video down. that guy a true asshole.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
tzmxm6bhjjfcbimff8lz.png

NRoULAf.png

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
This is absolutely terrifying.
I feel for the deliveryman. It kills me to read that he had two deaths in his family recently and in this situation, he's just trying not to make it worse.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
The South really is a shithole isn't it? I'm Hispanic and you couldn't pay me enough to live anywhere in the south.

Jibberhack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Think of how many of these instances go unreported because there was no video, or the victim is fearful of retaliation.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if only this truly existed....

My mom looks white, despite being fully hispanic, and she's seen white people tell other hispanic people to "speak english" in stores before, which causes my mom to start speaking spanish loudly in response. It makes white people's minds explode, like spanish is a virus that's spreading lmao.