• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for the greatest DCEU film to hit the big screen.

For firefox users:

Last edited:

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Lol imagine walking in the city and all the screens would show that.. Would get me pretty hyped tbh

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I won't believe this movie is actually done until I'm in a theater watching it.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I swear it was talked about with The Rock prior to MoS being announced.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like this has been a long time coming. I'm hyped-but yeah it is weird Shazam isn't in it.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
I love the Rock, but I don't know much about this character. Can someone explain Black Addam to me? Can you recommend some media where I can know better the character?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
LightheartedGlassBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

Can't wait for the rock to tear shit up!

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Too far away for me to care right now, but I hope it ends up being pretty good and that The Rock's involvement doesn't force the film to adhere too much to his wants or needs first and the story second.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is he? They just cast Helen Mirren as the villain.

EDIT - Also, Shazam 2 starts filming in a few months even though it's not out until 2023 only due to trying to keep the kids as kids, lol.
Ah, maybe plans changed. I know a while back, it was reported that Black Adam would make his debut as the antagonist in Shazam 2. Then plans changed, and Warner decided to give Black Adam his own movie first. Maybe plans changed yet again.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I swear it was talked about with The Rock prior to MoS being announced.
I would not be surprised at this. Johnson has been pushing for this movie for years. It's been a personal thing for him. He wants this movie to happen lol.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I love the Rock, but I don't know much about this character. Can someone explain Black Addam to me? Can you recommend some media where I can know better the character?
He's basically the ancient Egyptian equivalent of Shazam/Captain Marvel and was one of his villains for a long long time but more recently has been turned a bit more into more of an anti-hero. I have no clue what he's been in recently but he was one of the main characters in 52, which I'd highly recommend reading.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Ancient Egyptian Shazam (later changed to a fictional nation called Kahndaq which had close ties to ancient Egypt) who originally decided that the country would be better off with him ruling it, but then he ended up sealed away for that, only waking up in the modern era, where he clashed with the modern Shazam. Ever since the early 00s though he once in a while gets a push as an anti-hero rather than outright villain, genuinely fighting to protect his people and trying to make up for his past.

None of his stories have been directly adapted to animation or anything. He appears in one Batman: the Brave and the Bold episode as an antagonist for Shazam with this backstory getting explained there too, a couple of JL Action episodes, alongside one Young Justice episode (this last one doesn't go into his history at all).

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Think Steve Austin antihero/villain with a lot of pathos.

He's basically the ancient Egyptian equivalent of Shazam/Captain Marvel and was one of his villains for a long long time but more recently has been turned a bit more into more of an anti-hero. I have no clue what he's been in recently but he was one of the main characters in 52, which I'd highly recommend reading.

Ancient Egyptian Shazam (later changed to a fictional nation called Kahndaq which had close ties to ancient Egypt) who originally decided that the country would be better off with him ruling it, but then he ended up sealed away for that, only waking up in the modern era, where he clashed with the modern Shazam. Ever since the early 00s though he once in a while gets a push as an anti-hero rather than outright villain, genuinely fighting to protect his people and trying to make up for his past.

None of his stories have been directly adapted to animation or anything. He appears in one Batman: the Brave and the Bold episode as an antagonist for Shazam with this backstory getting explained there too, a couple of JL Action episodes, alongside one Young Justice episode (this last one doesn't go into his history at all).

Thank you all!!

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate how they are advertising this. The Rock has been annoying with this "hierarchy is about to change" shit and then they said it over speakers at Time Square lol

I love The Rock but this just seems super corny so far.

Oct 28, 2017
I know little about comics but another lightning bolt logo (this is third after Flash and Shazam right?) is kinda hard to follow...

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is supposed to double as a Justice Society movie too, right?
They are introducing the Justice Society characters in this movie, but we don't know how much screentime they will have. I bet that there will be a standalone Justice Society movie later on.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Black Adam a reboot of SHazaam? (Looks like same costume)
Black Adam is his own character. In the comics, he often appears alongside Shazam, either as an ally or antagonist.

This movie is his origin story in the DCEU. He will likely appear in a future Shazam movie.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna correct people by saying that a Black Adam story was adapted into animated form as Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam.

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
It's finally coming out!

I really want some kind of continuation or mention to this deleted scene from Shazam. Hope they crossover soon in shazam 2 and not on 3 or BA2

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I refuse to believe this movie and The Flash exist until I actually watch them.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
How many wins does Superman have over Shazam and Black Adam? I thought with the latter two being adept at magic would give them a slight lead over Supes who has no magical resistance whatsoever.
Superman has handed Billy his ass plenty, but Superman and Black Adam either get interrupted or one side gives up for reasons unrelated to being punched.

Them being able to hit Superman with magic lightning doesn't really mean much, either. They're magic powered, but their punches aren't magic, which means they would've had to rely on summoning their lightning to hit him, and that's not something they've historically been able to control the direction of like characters who use energy blasts, or people like Thor or Storm, who can call lightning from the sky or shoot it from their hands.

It wasn't until relatively recently that lightning projection from hands has been a thing with the Shazam based characters, and in that time, they haven't traded blows in any sort of capacity where it would've been a factor.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
These guys just seem to want to get famous actors to siphon mcu money instead of building a better product

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
www.giantbomb.com

Black Adam (Character) - Giant Bomb

Black Adam is an antihero in the DC universe.

He was the previous champion of the wizard Shazam, in any timeline.
In what existence is he called Khem-Adam? He's Teth-Adam everywhere.

dc.fandom.com

Teth-Adam (Prime Earth)

Black Adam was an ancient Egyptian slave who received the powers of the Wizard Shazam. However, he was imprisoned for millennia by the Wizard after he misused his powers. He was eventually freed in the modern day where he went on to battle the Wizard's new champion Billy Batson many times...

dc.fandom.com

Teth-Adam (New Earth)

Black Adam, real name Teth-Adam is the former champion of Shazam. After his fall from grace, he became the archenemy of the next champion, Captain Marvel. He has since worked to redeem himself with the Justice Society of America, but his path is long and troubled. Circa 1200 BC, Shazam became a...

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
These guys just seem to want to get famous actors to siphon mcu money instead of building a better product

Dwayne Johnson has be considered for either Captain Marvel or Black Adam for many, many, MANY years. Fans specifically wanted him for Black Adam (or at least, that's the impression I've gotten).