• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Litecoin usually goes up with BTC but now it's been going down. Wondering if I should even bother with it at this point. I have a pretty decent investment into it too.

I have some too. I am holding, bought it at 85 and to be honest, it's getting to a point where its easier to go up than down.

Same thing for Ethereum.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While this is great for investors, I don't think bitcoin can ever achieve its ultimate goal of becoming a global decentralized currency simply because it has a fixed amount. That always leads to deflation and people holding onto their money, honestly wish it was a different cryptocurrency that caught on with a better system.

The most bitcoin will ever do is replace gold and silver IMO.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
a8c.jpg

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
made 20$ with some shitcoin, i just bought it one week ago because it wasnt even worth 1 cent lol

Oct 27, 2017
This is insane. Play safe everyone. As insane as these jumps are, there is still a very good chance that bitcoin with crash in the near future.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2017-12-04/bitcoin-futures-may-be-the-next-big-short-video. Not a big fan of the video but the basic idea is that Wall Street is going to get in on futures trading on Bitcoin and might try to short and crash the market.
The question with regards to bit coin, a bubble and a crash is not if, it's when. It will crash it has to. I know everyone is riding high and will think I am foolish and that's fine. Many in the mortgage industry thought that too. History will prove me right. The real question is, what is the floor for bit coin, that is what I have no earthly idea about. Maybe it is $20k, maybe it is $50k. But if the floor is $50k and it hits $65k and corrects, that will be a pretty lousy day for investors. These are all hypothetical numbers of course.

DarkJak101

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao this is insane Only have about $950 in this right now, but wow, growth has been amazing. Anyone think this could 10x in a year?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I got $5 on Bitcoin for free a while ago with an app and a few hours ago when i looked it was 30€, who knows how much it is now lol. Should I sell?

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
Massive selloffs don't seem to make much sense since it seems like nobody has very attractive limits for withdrawing to fiat money.

D.A.

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
While this is great for investors, I don't think bitcoin can ever achieve its ultimate goal of becoming a global decentralized currency simply because it has a fixed amount. That always leads to deflation and people holding onto their money, honestly wish it was a different cryptocurrency that caught on with a better system.

The most bitcoin will ever do is replace gold and silver IMO.

Finite is not the same when it comes to digital coins. I believe with a fork they could increase coin divisibility arbitrarily.

Gold can only be divided so finely. A digital coin could theoretically divide into quintillions without difficulting exchange.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
People need to stop wishing so hard. I bought $50 when it was $11K which has turned into around $80. It's just fun to see and if I lose $50 I lose $50.

I know mod colors are usually restricted but it can't be stated enough. Do not buy what you can't afford to lose.

Yep. Don't be dumb people. If you can't afford to lose it, you cannot afford to gamble it on cryptocurrencies.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Finite is not the same when it comes to digital coins. I believe with a fork they could increase coin divisibility arbitrarily.

Gold can only be divided so finely. A digital coin could theoretically divide into quintillions without difficulting exchange.
There's actually a lower limit on how much you can divide BTC of 1/100000000. Not sure what kind of limits are on alts.