• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Any exchange where I can register without waiting for 15 days before being able to buy? I want to gamble some money.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
I've got on the train. The train I almost got back on in 2013 but didn't because back then it was a little harder to buy some BTC and couldn't be bothered, I was going to drop £200 back then....

I've spent some money that I can afford to lose but it doesn't really feel like a gamble, in terms of the feeling. I might add more more cash and invest in some other cryptos like Eth or Lite, while they are cheap and sit back and see what happens in the long run.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, seriously? I've been avoiding this thread because I don't know anything about stocks or bitcoins, but bitcoin was $12,000 yesterday, and I just checked a minute ago and it's now $16,000. That seems like a lot of money for a stock to go up in less than 24 hours.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, seriously? I've been avoiding this thread because I don't know anything about stocks or bitcoins, but bitcoin was $12,000 yesterday, and I just checked a minute ago and it's now $16,000. That seems like a lot of money for a stock to go up in less than 24 hours.

That's because it's not a stock.

It's going up because it's going up. Everyone wants to get on the rocket. Just have to get out before it blows up.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at this. It's like a wall shooting straight up over the past 2 days.

YGVbW84G

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
Really want to figure out when to jump off, I wish I had invested a little earlier or a little more because then I'd be satisfied already but now this thing is either going to the moon or it's going to crash for a while before climbing back up. Selling and rebuying now already doesn't really feel like an option for me another, going down with the ship or flying to the moon with it? Futures being traded on Monday will be the make or break for this boom I feel like

DarkJak101

Oct 27, 2017
Really want to figure out when to jump off, I wish I had invested a little earlier or a little more because then I'd be satisfied already but now this thing is either going to the moon or it's going to crash for a while before climbing back up. Selling and rebuying now already doesn't really feel like an option for me another, going down with the ship or flying to the moon with it? Futures being traded on Monday will be the make or break for this boom I feel like
Futures?

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck , Its going up too fast. Not sure if i should purchase in another $100 worth of BTC or not.

My investment amount is low but that is all i can afford lol.

Well, whatever it is, good luck to you all. I don't have any bitcoin, but I think I'm going to stay that way. I'm not sure I could handle the stress.

Its basically a Realtime AR game now if you don't put in a lot of money. A trip to a Theme park with express pass cost about as much so i am getting my worth lol.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's something called travel and online shopping.

Some inflation but if someone tried selling a 55 inch oled for say 200,000 good luck with that.

Look,

I believe more in monero. But there are things like the loss of wallets basically destroying an already finite supply. As I said previously running asics generates more entropy than having them shut down, they say civilization is a heat engine, and the tendency from physics is for processes that increase entropy production to be favored.

Ive hypothesized that there may be some mechanism that causes societies to favor cryptos, as it should be favored by the laws of this world.

That said I wouldn't go all out. Invest what you can afford to lose as others have said. I think building a mining rig is a worthy investment. Worse case sell cards at a loss, but most likely at a profit.
Ok, I am not trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to see if you were one of the Winklevoss twins, a CPA, the Wolf of Wall Street or a money manager.

As I now understand your prediction that bit coin will hit $1,000,000 for 1 bit coin is based off your HYPOTHESY that there MAY be SOME mechanism that causes societies to favor cryptos, as it SHOULD be favored by the laws of this world.

That doesn't feel like a very strong statement to me. I am not trying beat on you or anything. Here is why I think it will not be favored by the laws of the WORLD in my life time. Today, in the year 2017, when everything feels connected to everything, the world (your word) is still only about 50% connected to the Internet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Internet_usage

again sorry if the tone of this is off. I am really not trying to sound mean or harsh. When I see an opportunity to grow my wealth 1000x I need to know the risks. I don't know about heat engines though.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically going to keep rising until around Sunday. Then it's could take a dive because of nervous investors?

D.A.

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Edit corrected
iirc ether coin was like 8$ near january. It is now at 400+$.

Had you invested 20,000 youd have like a million now in less than a year.

Ok, I am not trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to see if you were one of the Winklevoss twins, a CPA, the Wolf of Wall Street or a money manager.

As I now understand your prediction that bit coin will hit $1,000,000 for 1 bit coin is based off your HYPOTHESY that there MAY be SOME mechanism that causes societies to favor cryptos, as it SHOULD be favored by the laws of this world.

That doesn't feel like a very strong statement to me. I am not trying beat on you or anything. Here is why I think it will not be favored by the laws of the WORLD in my life time. Today, in the year 2017, when everything feels connected to everything, the world (your word) is still only about 50% connected to the Internet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Internet_usage

again sorry if the tone of this is off. I am really not trying to sound mean or harsh. When I see an opportunity to grow my wealth 1000x I need to know the risks. I don't know about heat engines though.

Well life itself exists because it generates more entropy by existing than not. The fact is you hear the massive energy consumption of cryptos. That produces more entropy than if there were no cryptos.

If u want me to hypothesize cryptos growth in value gives more power to those invested and attracts further investment from others. That can result in promotions, laws, etc being favored by society. It can also result in enemies of cryptos being punished.

Last edited:

DarkJak101

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Holy moly guacamole

Mod, update thread title. Its about to hit $17k

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
My purchase of 1 BTC back when it was just under $4k is paying off big time.

For those who are worried about jumping in right now because of the price, at least consider investing a set dollar amount each week/month/etc. That way you'll get some returns and continue building consistently. I've been doing this since September (investing $250 a month) and just those investments alone (which are conservative tbh) have netted me $1.3k. Close to double what I invested. Will continue buying like this. (No way I can afford another whole bitcoin lol)

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
People need to stop wishing so hard. I bought $50 when it was $11K which has turned into around $80. It's just fun to see and if I lose $50 I lose $50.

I know mod colors are usually restricted but it can't be stated enough. Do not buy what you can't afford to lose

EDIT: $17K on GDAX goodness.
EDIT 2: 17.5 this shit is rocketing.

PBY

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not day trading then just hold. For all you know it could hit $20K by years end. Just enjoy the ride. Hopefully you didn't drop more than you can afford to lose into this.
I'm not day trading, but I put in a decent chunk very late (around 10k). I can easily stand to lose it, but shit lol. My rational brain tells me this isn't real/sustainable. Reddit bitcoin section is just all memes. I don't know of anyone who is speaking from a place of knowledge on this.

Deleted member 33057

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Litecoin usually goes up with BTC but now it's been going down. Wondering if I should even bother with it at this point. I have a pretty decent investment into it too.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Litecoin usually goes up with BTC but now it's been going down. Wondering if I should even bother with it at this point. I have a pretty decent investment into it too.
I wouldn't take anything that's happened in the last 24h to be a long term indicator of anything. Everything that's not BTC is tanking right now.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not day trading, but I put in a decent chunk very late (around 10k). I can easily stand to lose it, but shit lol. My rational brain tells me this isn't real/sustainable. Reddit bitcoin section is just all memes. I don't know of anyone who is speaking from a place of knowledge on this.
I wish i have 10 K (Hi 10 K , hope this don't trigger you) that i can afford to lose. The most i can lose is around $300 lol and i already have the same thought as yours.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
I'll second and third it. Do not try to gamble money you can't afford to lose on something that can easily backfire.

What's the easiest way to get some IOTA? I've opened an account with Binance but might as well check if anyone knows a better way?

Deleted member 7777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So here's my advice based on my experiences trading some volatile stocks.

Have a goal in mind.

You want to make 1k? 2k? 3k? 5k? 10k? Whatever your number is, keep it in mind, and when you hit it, bail.

Sure you may lose some upside, but there's nothing wrong with hitting your goal and being happy.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Put in $750 earlier today. Wooo. Wish I took more of a risk when it was $8k.

....$19k

Just made 120 in 30min....