• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Why is there such a huge gap between RT and Meta? I've seen gaps before but don't remember any this big. Sometimes movies are higher in metacritic or about even.

Oct 28, 2017
Happily surprised this is getting better reception than Suicide Squad, that movie had a lot of wasted potential. It's nice that it's being put to good use. Might check it out this weekend

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What world is that? The movie has great reviews everywhere. If you want to ignore those to handpick the ones that agree with you, I could see how you'd think that's worldwide.
There's been a major backlash against the movie, mostly because of its overly simplistic depiction of race and racism.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already at 77 reviews and still at 90%. Very nice, DC. I'm happy Margot Robbie getting her own movie wasn't a mistake. I love her.

So now Crash is a bad movie because you said it is? Joker's winning and getting all these nominations because it's a great movie and you seem upset about that. It's gonna be ok.
Its tearing him in the inside!!

652310990041645067.png

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
It starts a bit slow and with an annoying style (to me) but it finds it footing later and I really liked it! The action scenes were really fun and there were a lot of them. Fun movie.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Why is there such a huge gap between RT and Meta? I've seen gaps before but don't remember any this big. Sometimes movies are higher in metacritic or about even.
Again... RT score is just how many critics said, "Yeah, this movie is good enough to go see" where as the Meta is the actual (weighted) score of the those reviews. As of now, the RT score is 87%, but the average score is 6.92, while the MC is at 61. So they're not that far off.

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
RT - percentage of critics who gave the film a generally agreeable review
MC - how good critics think the film is out of 100

So if every critic who sees a film gives it a 3/5 or a 6/10, all of those will be considered positive reviews, and thus it'll be a 100% on RT and a 60 on MC.

Likewise, if half of all critics that see a film give it a 10/10, and half give it a 4/10, it'll be 50% on RT, and 70 on MC.

I've never really liked RT but it makes more sense for big, mainstream movies, where the average person would rather know how likely it is they'll enjoy a movie, rather than smaller or artsier movies where it's more useful to tell the difference between whether something is fine or whether it's great.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
On way to theater now, I had a gut feeling this movie would get good reviews for months, glad it happened