• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
DC finally figured it out, only took the complete destruction of their two most famous characters. 😛

Excited to go see this.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's interesting in how I can never judge a DC movie by it's trailers and pre-hype. It's pretty much impossible for me to know if it's something I'm actually interested in since I can never be sure if they slipped back to the start of the DCEU or if it's a competent movie.

So this one turned out great - nice! I'm gonna watch it next week, I love the cast and it's great to see them succeed!

Next stop are the Batman movies. They still have to show that they can nail them again.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Well I'll be damned.

I think DC has strung together enough solid to great films for me to give them the benefit of the doubt now.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Glad this is turning out good, DC has really stepped up their game and i'm excited to watch this on HBO max (I'm assuming it will be there only exclusively)

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'll be damned.

I think DC has strung together enough solid to great films for me to give them the benefit of the doubt now.

See, I like a good chunk of the Marble movies, but I feel it goes to show some damage it's kind of done by being a homogenized brand to the point where people look to the name at the top of the logo first versus people, like, looking to judge each movie on it's own merit. I get that brand familiarity is powerful and sometimes useful, but, tons of different people make these movies, y'know? If the MCU gets like 3 critically bad movies, that doesn't undo everything else they've accomplished.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about something for awhile and thought about making it a thread, but I'm too shy (never made one), so I'll ask here: Does anyone think Marvel movies are going to become less popular this decade? DC has been hitting it out of the park, and I feel like the general public may start to prefer this approach to comic book movies.

Marvel should start making R-Rated films.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Color me impressed, I'll definitely need to see this. I'm glad that DC is finally getting into the swing of things regarding their movies.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A lot of the positive reviews are more lukewarm than anything. This is a perfect film for RT because it's unobjectionable, forgettable, fun.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So happy this is good, DC has so many good female characters besides Harley. This needed to do well to help them be confident in taking risks with more obscure properties. Avatar bets on this making more than JL?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Excited for it per usual. But damn, some reviewers type a lot of words that just drone on and on when they could easily summarize those thoughts in half the time. And ending your review with this...yikes....
As a final act of desperation, "Birds of Prey" decides, about three-quarters in, that it's a feminist film. Oh! Sorry! Didn't realize! So now we have to like it. Except it's not. Not even close. And we don't

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
After Shazam I was very willing to believe they figured it out, and quite glad they did. My hype for The Batman is gonna be through the roof.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The reviews make it seem like it's fun but nothing special. Which is fine cause most superhero films are nothing special imo. I go for fun.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This is why it dropped so much over the last few minutes

VSVihff.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't really like Robbie's Quinn in Suicide Squad but these reviews seem good, maybe going to see this in the theatre rather than waiting.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief at the SF Chronicle's review. What happened to that guy, I wonder?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very pleasant surprise after the trailers which I absolutely didn't enjoy.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The marketing had me concerned at first, but I'm so glad to see this movie doing well from a critical standpoint.

DC is so much better now that Synder hasn't touched shit

Strange how the removal of Zack Snyder and David Ayers has drastically improved their film output.

The further we move away from Snyder, the better the DC movies get. What a surprise.

Can't wait to see this.

Kind of embarrassing how Margot Robbie has more respect for the DC Comics source material than Zack Snyder does.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Something traumatic must've happened to that San Francisco reviewers life. He doesn't seem very friendly.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what changed at DC to have this kind of turnaround? I suppose getting rid of the shared universe?