• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
5276~v~birds-of-prey.jpg

87% RT
Currently 144 reviews (Certified Fresh)

61% Metacritic
Currently 48 reviews

tumblr_ostyikpmWO1rcn1qfo6_400.gif

I'll edit the OP just at work

Last edited:

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Once again points to Critic Impressions being accurate just like in the TROS critic impression thread where you could tell it would get bad reviews. Super excited to see this film now.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
So will the regular posters who love shitting up DC threads hop in here?

Suspect itll be a short thread.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
So this is good, good. I wasn't all that interested but with good reviews and good social media impressions I'm sold.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Thats because MC gives bigger site higher weighted scores the average score on RT is 7.13/10

Actually, that's because MC gives a rating while Rotten Tomatoes give's a percentage of how many critics are overall positive. They are two completely different statistics. The "Average Rating" on Rotten Tomatoes is 7.13 now, which is way more similiar to MC's score because...well...they're actually trying to show the same thing.

Youre pretty much screwed on MC if one reputable site panned your movie. MC uses a non transparent weighing system for each individual score.

This has nothing to do with this. You can just calculate the average yourself if you want. The unweighted Average of all scores on MC right now is 66%. The difference to the weighted score is tiny.

The "issue" here is simply that, while most outlets are overall positive, they aren't ecstatic but rather saying that it's OK.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC Movies Taking "Good Steps" For 2, Maybe 3 Years In A Row - Video Game Forum "ResetEra" Shocked, Recovering

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
As I said in the other thread, all the rotten reviews are from male critics. lmao
I'm glad it's getting good reviews.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to hear it's reviewing well. I really want it to crack a billion like Aquaman. That would be such a gamechanger.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the WB checks are starting to clear!

But seriously, I'm really glad that this ended up being good. The more female-led superhero movies we get, and the higher the quality, the better.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Glad to have an actual review thread for this. Great scores so far!

Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Strange how the removal of Zach Snyder and David Ayers has drastically improved their film output.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
DC is so much better now that Synder hasn't touched shit
Strange how the removal of Zach Snyder and David Ayers has drastically improved their film output.
The further we move away from Snyder, the better the DC movies get. What a surprise.

Can't wait to see this.

replace misogynist with women, start earning critical acclaim

easy solution

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Wooooooo! Suicide Squad straight up broke me but this seems to be what I wanted all this time.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'll probably see it eventually, the trailers never really got me hype. Think I saw the final one before seeing Knives out yesterday, still was meh. Glad it's getting reviewed well, maybe now we won't ever see this shitty Joker from the squad.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lmao so basically every non-Snyder DC movie with the exception of Suicide Squad is a fresh scoring movie.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
That happens a lot, especially with blockbusters/tentpole flicks. Avengers: Endgame has a 94% on RT and a 78% on MC.
Those scores are literally not comparable. MC is a score aggregate; you'd compare to the review average on RT (8.24/10). The 94% just means that 94% of reviews were positive, whether that means "it was okay" to "it was a masterpiece"

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
To be fair, Deadpool, for which this is being compared, has a 65 on metacritic so it's averaging nearly the same.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
You guys
The further we move away from Snyder, the better the DC movies get. What a surprise.

Can't wait to see this.
I don't know why it needs to be said, but if you're gonna mention him, might as well mention Chris Terrio... the writer of BvS... Justice League... and The Rise of Skywalker. Tsujihara is gone as well and then we have Walter Hamada, who knows what the fuck he's doing, as President of DC Films now.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Man I remember when "Margot Robbie had to do a lot of exercise and specific diet to fit in those booty shorts" was like, the selling point of Suicide Squad in some puff pieces on Entertainment Weekly and whatnot.

Glad things changed for the better for DC.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember when "Margot Robbie had to do a lot of exercise and specific diet to fit in those booty shorts" was like, the selling point of Suicide Squad in some puff pieces on Entertainment Weekly and whatnot.

Glad things changed for the better for DC.

I thought the story was they made her butt bigger in post?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
to be honest mid 60s metacritic is what i think most comic movies of the last decade except the really shit ones deserve

Will check this out next week with my girl who wants to see it. Otherwise was gonna wait til VOD.

Hopefully its a success tho. WB pushing female cape flicks pretty hard and it would suck if in a genre full of easy money makers this is the one that flops