• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have a quick question, seeing the movie tomorrow with my 16 year old sister, is this R due to violence alone? Dad's tagging along and I wouldn't want him to freak out afterwards

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I have a quick question, seeing the movie tomorrow with my 16 year old sister, is this R due to violence alone? Dad's tagging along and I wouldn't want him to freak out afterwards
Lots of swearing, but no nudity (except for some art on a wall). There's a few uncomfortable scenes with Black Mask, but nothing a 16 yr old can't handle.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it. That's what I expected from a Harley Quinn movie. Not sure what they could've done to make it better even with a pg13 rating. I will say that from an action standpoint this is one of the best films to come out of Hollywood. This does action how it should be done. No shaky cam, quick cutting crap. It has a flow to it that outside of a few don't have.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Best DCEU movie and best DCEU/MCU action scenes. It just tips over Aquaman for me.

Wonder Woman had better overall writing and the story was better structured but the ending and most of the action scenes weren't good.

Margot was Harley Quinn come to life on the big screen. Perfect performance from her.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The movie does such a great job subtly reminding you that Harley has a PHD... and I mean that seriously I'm not talking about the moments where she reminds people directly she has a PHD. There's just a lot of moments where she puts her education to work without the movie going look at her she's being a shrink!!!!
It's subtle. There are moments where she talks about other people like it's a miniature therapy session.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
No. Suicide Squad was offensively bad. I quite liked Birds of Prey (especially the action sequences). If we count Joker as a DC movie, this was #2 of the DCEU.

Better than Shazam, WW and the rest.

Better than a bunch of decent-to-bad DC movies but not better than the worst DC movie of the century/worst film I saw last year.

Man, DC movie opinions are a trip, every damn time. I'll see BoP. I see all of them just because there's no way to gauge what I'll think about any of them based on what anyone else says. Every DC movie has to basically start over from a standing start at this point.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Man the clips they released really did not do the film justice is way better than I thought it would be and I was pretty hyped. Ewan is GOAT DCEU villain. He's fantastic in every scene.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished. Was overall, meh.
Jokes weren't super funny, action was fine, story was fine, everything was just....fine? I felt no type of emotion when the credits roll. Perfectly serviceable yet forgettable film.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed it! I was really excited to see Black Canary done justice (screw you Arrow) but while I really liked her in the movie, Huntress was actually a standout for me. I hope this ends up getting good word of month / has nice legs, would really like a proper BoP sequel.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ewan McGregor acted his ass off on this movie. Just completely chewing scenery. Best part of the movie.

Mar 22, 2019
Saw it yesterday with my wife who LOVED it. I thought it was fine - Ewan McGregor was the absolute runaway reason to see this. Margot at HQ is fine but dominated the entire thing - so not really an 'ensamble' movie as it was perhaps marketed.

I'd say if you're on the fence its a Netflix or BluRay film vs paying for a movie seat.

Pixels

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the violence really horrific? I didn't like Deadpool because of the gore humor.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Disliked the first half because of the jumbled timeline storytelling. But once everyone was introduced and the plot was set up I enjoyed it, particularly from the cocaine gag onwards.

Oct 28, 2017
This was really enjoyable, very much an origin to the Birds of Prey told by Harley as the main character. I do wish the team was formed before the climax as their chemistry really worked once they were together. My other gripes were that Hunteress could've gotten more scenes and the non-linear narrative of the first half went a little overboard with flashbacks. It made sense with Harley as narrator but it could've been done better.

If I had to rank it, I'd put it as my second favorite DCEU movie, right under Shazam.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about it a couple days. Birds of Prey is in my top 3 for DCEU films

1. Wonder Woman
2. Aquaman
3. Birds of Prey
4. Shazam
5. Man of Steel
6. Suicide Squad
7. Batman V Superman
8. Justice Leauge

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back, it was enjoyable, kinda ham and cheesy like the old Batman movies but that was to be expected.

The action looked goofy and choreographed idk how you can say it has the best action...

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from seeing it. I didn't like all of the exposition and flashbacks. Didn't like the pacing. Didn't like the over-choreographed fight scenes against rock songs. Didn't like the locations, either. A lot of it was filmed in downtown LA. It just doesn't look anything like Gotham.

Did like Margot Robbie and Rosie Perez. Did like the visuals, the color work and lighting were amazing. I'd say it's worth a Netflix viewing, but not a full price ticket.

I spent a lot of the time thinking about the Wonder Woman 84 trailer.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are a few pics I took last April. Now I know what the wheelchair guy was about. And the green van.

cb2da988-060c-467f-bfvkp3.jpeg

1675ae5d-3817-4740-9uuj30.jpeg

966ab1b5-7b62-4c2d-an0k7c.jpeg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just got home from seeing it. B+ I really think the genericifing of Cass is a waste for what her character could be but besides that I had a good ride. It did get slow in places, but it was worth it.

Shout out the Ewan McGregor for being both silly and creepy in ways I never thought Black Mask could be.

And also a cute little thing for us broke ass drinkers. Both Harley and Montoya have bottom shelf booze in their places, no major brands cause they can't afford it.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this while on a date and this movie had the Best action I've seen in a superhero movie.

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Stupid as fuck but enjoyable. Audience had a great time and flipped out at the grenade kill.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished watching it. Pretty good movie! I was pleasantly surprised!

Ewan just stole everything as Black Mask. Also, I LOVED Zsasz in the show Gotham so I really felt this version lacking. It wasn't bad but definitely not my favorite interpretation of him.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I really liked this interpetation of Zasz. Granted I've only known the one from the Arkham games. But I liked his quiet subtle creepiness. Made him more real than the cartoon-like appearance in Arkham.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Just got back from seeing it. I didn't like all of the exposition and flashbacks. Didn't like the pacing. Didn't like the over-choreographed fight scenes against rock songs. Didn't like the locations, either. A lot of it was filmed in downtown LA. It just doesn't look anything like Gotham.

Did like Margot Robbie and Rosie Perez. Did like the visuals, the color work and lighting were amazing. I'd say it's worth a Netflix viewing, but not a full price ticket.

I spent a lot of the time thinking about the Wonder Woman 84 trailer.

Why? That movie looks terrible

Movie was solid. The choreography during the roller skate car chase was really impressive stuff.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Harley has been buffed so much she could probably hold her own against Batman.

There, I said it.

Pattinson and Margot together would be fucking fire too and I want it to happen.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just got home from seeing this on a whim. Was a good, fun time. Laughed a good bit, liked the fight scenes and the characters. I'm not a DC guy really so that doesn't factor in (I do love the Marvel flicks though). I'll be more interested in seeing Gunn's Suicide Squad now.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
It was a fun movie if a bit disposable. I really liked some of the stylistic choices the movie took such as telling things out of order and overall it nails that pop punk aesthetic much better than Suicide Squad did. The performances across the board were great and all the characters were fun to watch.

I had a big issue though and that was that Cassandra and Harley's relationship feels half-baked. I have no attachment to Cassandra from the comics so I didn't go in to the movie as a purist and I still found Cassandra to be kind of a lame character. She doesn't really have a strong arc and the movie devoted way too little time to develop the bond between her and Harley. They should have met much earlier on in the film in my opinion.

I like Black Canary and Huntress but once again they were heavily underutilized Huntress straight up feels like an extended cameo until the end. Felt like the movie should have just been a straight Harley film that focuses more on her relationship with Cain or a BoP movie.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed this. The cinematography and fight choreography were top notch, and it easily has personality to spare.

From a business standpoint, this definitely shouldn't have been rated R. But, as a consumer, I liked their boldness to go in this direction and make the film they actually wanted to make. It certainly stands out from the rest of the CBMs these days, and it does so with style. I'd definitely watch it again - as well as any sequels/spin-offs.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I adored this movie. Exactly what it needed to be. I'll watch this many times.

Just adored the set design and fashion.

Apr 19, 2018
I was dying with laughter when.....

Harley was coming out of her drugged tranq-dart state and started tap-punching dead Zsasz. xD

Just a fine little bit of physical comedy acting from Robbie there.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
So this and wonder woman are the best dc movies. Incredible.

Honestly I might rank as one of the best super hero movies I've seen in a long long time.

Amazing.