• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Still on the fence, if only because I'm not the biggest Quinn fan and this is looking like a solo film under the guise of an ensemble. But this looks great for fans of the character.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer looks good, but I am hesitant after thinking the same thing with Suicide Squad's trailers.

Hopefully this is good. Kind of disappointed Renee Montoya is being played by a much older actor than expected. It would be nice to some day (in my dreams) have a movie about The Question. I'd even settle for a Question/Batwoman movie or Gotham Central movie.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Batgirl isn't in this. She's getting her own movie. Which is being written by Christina Hodson who wrote this movie.

Well, there is "a" Batgirl in this movie. It just depends which version of her superhero alias she is actually representing in this movie. But I doubt she wears the cowl.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks serviceable. Black mask with no black mask is kind of pissing me off. Especially since he'll probably have it on for the last 10min of the movie.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's been a mistake this is the Harley Quinn trailer not the Birds of Prey trailer

Come on OP

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
220px-Hawkeye_%28Clinton_Barton%29.png

Hawkeye-1.png

Scarlet_Witch.jpg

avengers-2-scarlet-witch-teaser-1-med.jpg

I mean... fans have been complaining for years about Hawkeye's look. That's not a really good example to use.

Wanda still looks like Wanda to me. There are obviously some alterations, but the character looks recognizable.

Oct 27, 2017
Not my thing but it seems to be doing it well.
Still don't understand why they included Cassandra Cain in this movie when she looks to absolutely nothing in common with her comic counterpart.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Wait, is the asian girl at the end of the trailer suppose to be Cassandra Cain?
Again, if the leaks are to be believed:

It's her in name only. She's the "street kid with attitude" working for Black Mask who steals something (dick pics hidden in a diamond) from him and becomes a target Harley Quinn decides to protect/mentor in her post- Mistah J breakup epiphany. Zero resemblance to the actual character who bears that name.

Nov 30, 2017

It's her in name only. She's the "street kid with attitude" working for Black Mask who steals something from him and becomes a target Harley Quinn decides to protect.

Now you just ruined my only excitement for this movie.

Man what a waisted opportunity to make a story about her. Have Lady Shiva as the villain and revolve the story around her redemption.

But nah we gotta have sympathy for a mass murdering crazy psycho

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... fans have been complaining for years about Hawkeye's look. That's not a really good example to use.

Wanda still looks like Wanda to me. There are obviously some alterations, but the character looks recognizable.
I'm in the same boat with Wanda, I'm fine her current look. I'm sure after WandaVision or in Doctor Strange 2 we might get her to fully realize her powers and to obtain her original look.

And or maybe she becomes a wizard/witch with Doctor Strange as a mentor and gets an outfit of magical artifacts.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Rosie Perez is an amazing actress so her take on Renee will definitely be interesting.

Margot is one of the biggest names in the industry right now I don't know why people are acting surprised that marketing materials would be stressing her across the board. It is just how it works. Harley is one of those characters that has universal appeal beyond the enthusiast demo. The same goes for the title.

I was at Arclight a couple of years ago and a Nielsen Surveyor was giving out a survey where one of the questions was which title do you like more Gotham City Sirens, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad: Get Harley!, and a few others I can't remember. Birds of Prey was one of them so I'm assuming that was the most popular.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Undermining Cassandra's strengths as a character by making her generic comic relief child just so they can push boring ass Barbara for the eventual Batgirl movie.

FUCK DC

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017

It's her in name only. She's the "street kid with attitude" working for Black Mask who steals something from him and becomes a target Harley Quinn decides to protect/mentor in her post- Mistah J breakup epiphany. Zero resemblance to the actual character who bears that name.

These are sad news.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'll wait for the next trailer before making up my mind

It's her in name only. She's the "street kid with attitude" working for Black Mask who steals something (dick pics hidden in a diamond) from him and becomes a target Harley Quinn decides to protect/mentor in her post- Mistah J breakup epiphany. Zero resemblance to the actual character who bears that name.
Also if the leaks are true

What's even the point then

Aug 28, 2018
Margot Robbie's accent is still so fucking bad, the whole character is like nails on a chalkboard anyway but that just pushes it over the edge. I don't get it, she sounded fine in Wolf of Wall Street.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looked absolutely awful. Was hoping DC turned the corner with Shazam! but I guess these things will continue to be misses more than they're hits.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
This honestly just makes me wonder why the 'Birds of Prey' title, because right now it looks like a perfectly serviceable Harley Quinn movie, which would be fine enough to have in its own right

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Has the same vibe as suicide squad without as many visually interesting characters. This will be bad. Only hope for it being good is they managed to lure Ewan with the script and I'd like to think he makes smart decisions in films these days.

Oct 25, 2017
this looks twice as obnoxious as suicide squad. like they had to get some sucker punch in there too, to make it REALLY unwatchable

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't really look like a good Birds of Prey movie.

Does look like a good female-led Grand Theft Auto movie.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

I hate this so much.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It just looks messy like Suicide Squad but doesn't have a cool trailer yet.

What are the chances he puts his mask on when he gets disfigured by a hyena.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This just looks like another Suicide Squad, only this time with a "feminism" angle (Hollywood's idea of feminism anyway, not actual feminism).

Also, why even call it Birds of Prey if it's gonna be Harley Quinn: The Movie?